10 posts in this topic

I filed my application to remove conditions on November 13, 2006 (TSC). I had my biometrics taken in December and all of a sudden I received a RFE today, but the problem is that nothing on the list of the requested information/evidence is checkmarked or indicated.

What's that supposed to mean?

I have no clue what I'm gonna do now. So basically I file the whole documents again that were included in my application and add a few more. We had plenty of evidence and since nothing on the list is checked as requested, I don't know what they want.

It's just kinda odd. I just have the funny feeling that they misplaced my documents. :devil:

Tiny (UK) & Glenn (USA)

21-March-2004: filed at TSC

23-March-2004: NOA1

27-May-2004: NOA2

9-June-2004: NVC receives file and forwards to London

19-June-2004: Packet 3 arrives

22-June-2004: Sent back packet 3 to London

26-June 2004: Received packet 4

7-July-2004: Medical and interview -- approved!!!!

9-July 2004: Visa in hand

16-July-2004: Arrived in Dallas-Fort Worth

3-August-2004: Wedding

3-Sept-2004: applied for SSN

10-Sept-2004: Appointment with civil surgeon for vaccination supplement

14-Sept-2004: SSN card in mail

14-Sept-2004: Antibody-blood test for MM came back, I am immune --> vaccination requirements fulfilled

29-Sept-2004: Applied for name change for SSN

8-Oct-2004: AOS interview in Dallas (D.O.R.A. Pilot Program)

23-Oct-2004: Biometrics and fingerprinting appointment

14-Dec-2004: AOS approval online - gained CPR status

20-Dec-2004: Green card in mail

9-Nov-2006: I-751 to TSC

17-Nov-2006: NOA in the mail, dated Nov 13, 2006

7-April-2007: RFE

19-April 2007: Sent off reply to RFE

18-May 2007: Approved (card production ordered)

24-May 2007: 10 yr green card in mail

I filed my application to remove conditions on November 13, 2006 (TSC). I had my biometrics taken in December and all of a sudden I received a RFE today, but the problem is that nothing on the list of the requested information/evidence is checkmarked or indicated.

What's that supposed to mean?

I have no clue what I'm gonna do now. So basically I file the whole documents again that were included in my application and add a few more. We had plenty of evidence and since nothing on the list is checked as requested, I don't know what they want.

It's just kinda odd. I just have the funny feeling that they misplaced my documents. :devil:

And oh, I forgot to mention that they gave me a new case number.

Tiny (UK) & Glenn (USA)

14-Sept-2004: Antibody-blood test for MM came back, I am immune --> vaccination requirements fulfilled

Can you please tell us what kind of evidence you sent along with your application, and what are the more evidence they need now?

Thank you

I don't know what evidence they need now, because they have not specified one. There is a list of evidence on the letter and every evidence has a short line in front of it. That is where they mark which evidence of the list they require. Nothing is marked.

The evidence I sent along (next to the copy of green card, passport copies):

Copies of health insurance card and also health statements that shows when I have received treatment

Copies of credit cards

Copies of tax returns for 2004 and 2005

Utility bills in both our names

Car insurance in both our names

Evidence of joint bank account (heck, I even signed the check for the fee)

Pictures

Copies of letters from family and friends (also envelopes with date stamps)

Report cards of my stepsons signed by me

That is now what I remember right now, the rest I will have to check.

Tiny (UK) & Glenn (USA)

I will copy the contents of the letter right here. I do it exactly the way it is in the letter, that means when I write something in bold, it is in bold on the letter itself. Here goes:

REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE

This office is unable to complete the processing of your application without further information. Please read and comply with those items indicated and submit all the requested evidence to the above address no later than twelve weeks (87 days) from the date of this letter. Please include a copy of this letter and the attached yellow sheet with your response. Please submit photocopies only, unless specified that an original must be submitted. Any document written in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified and complete English translation. If you do not reply within the allotted time, your application may be denied.

____ Submit a certified copy (ies) of your child'(ren's) birth certificate(s) issued by a city, county, or state in the US. Note: Hospital issued birth certificates and birth certificate applications are not acceptable. The certificate must show the place of birth, the name and signature of the person who registered the birth, and the name of the parents.

Submit additional evidence such as:

___ joint financial records from 2004-2007 (bank statements, joint investment accounts, etc.) These must show transaction history and activity.

___ joint health insurance cards and/or explanation of benefits statements___ tax returns for the years 2006

___evidence of major joint purchases (car, home, etc.) Please submit complete copies of contracts

___ family photographs (no albums, please)

___ military identification cards and/or documents (if applicable)

___ copies of leases or mortgages, showing you and your spouse's names and/or signature on the lease. If you submit lease agreements, please include a copy of the ENTIRE document. Mortgage statements must show the principal balance, interest rate, amount due, etc.

Please do NOT overlap documents submitted as evidence. If any part of a document is cut off or incomplete, it will NOT be accepted as evidence. Whenever possible, please submit documentation that covers the time period from the beginning of the marriage up to the present time.

Sincerely,

The line in front of every evidence listed in the letter is supposed to be used for checkmarks. But there is not checkmark at all. The letters mentions "those items indicated". Which ones? None is selected. Tax returns from the year 2006? Joint financial records from 2007?? Since when do you have to produce evidence that is newer than the date of your original application???

Other than we forgot to include bank account statements and statements for the credit cards, they have all the evidence. I could only retrieve bank statements for the last 6 months since we do not get the bank statements in the mail anymore. We get them online and you can only view and print statements from the last six months. The same with the 5 credit cards we have. I have also enclosed all kinds of invoices from purchases I did with credit cards and the like and highlighted the purchase in the statements and highlighted the credit card number in the invoices. We do not have a lease. We have a house and my husband bought it years before we got married and the mortgage is in his name. He did not opt for adding me to the mortgage, because he was told that he would have to refinance. I explained this now in my response to my RFE (working on it). But other than that, they have all the documents and I don't know what they want. We did not have major joint purchases and did not explain this in the covering letter of the application, because we had no clue that we have to explain things that are not applicable. It is all a bit wishy washy in my opinion.

What puzzles me the most is that they want the tax returns from 2006 and joint financial records from 2007. And as mentioned above, they gave me a brandnew case number. Whatever that means.

Well, I am a bit upset about this RFE, but otherwise I am cool, calm and collected. I have nothing to hide, so if they want to invite us to an interview - so be it! Bring it on.

If anyone got a similiar RFE from TSC with nothing indicated to serve as additional evidence, please let me know. I would like to know. I will give them a call on Tuesday.

Tiny (UK) & Glenn (USA)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Seems kind of strange that they did not put checks next to the items they wanted. I am sorry for you...your list of evidence was pretty darn good. I hope you get it straightened out.

Joyce

2/10/04 - interview date!!!!!!!Got Visa!!!!

3/11/04 - Massimo arrived in USA...Hurray!!!

4/25/04 - Happily Married in New Jersey

5/12/04 - starting AOS papers

5/17/04 - Mailed I-485, 131, (certified mail) to Newark

7/12/04 - Biometrics for AOS done in NYC

2/1/05 - received interview letter for May 16, 2005

5/16/05 - Successful (and fast) AOS interview in Cherry Hill!!!

I751

3/1/07 - mailed I751 package to VSC - regular mail

3/7/07 - cashed 205.00 check

3/9/07 - cashed 70.00 biometrics check

3/16/07 - received blue receipt notice for biometrics fee

3/24/07 - received NOA extending GC for another year

3/24/07 - received Biometrics appointment letter

4/6/07 - Biometrics appointment in Newark at 9am

4/7/07 - touched

4/11/07 - touched

9/28/07 - email received...Card production ordered!

10/4/07 - received congratulations letter in the mail

10/09/07 - 10 year green card received

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

these are finally starting to crop up..... I see one important thing in your timeline:

This 'interview' was the two of you submitting your AOS docs, correct? There has been a floating suspicion that the DORA and CSC x-fer cases may have to have I-751 interviews in lieu of their usual AOS interview. Someone in NYC who was part of their pilot program (similar to DORA) just got tagged for an interview also.

There are two others posting here who just got strange RFEs very like yours.

The new number *could* be an indication of xfer of your case to the Local Office.

The important thing to remember is that the one thing you don't want to do with an RFE is not answer it. You can send more evidence back, and see what happens.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

these are finally starting to crop up..... I see one important thing in your timeline:

This 'interview' was the two of you submitting your AOS docs, correct? There has been a floating suspicion that the DORA and CSC x-fer cases may have to have I-751 interviews in lieu of their usual AOS interview. Someone in NYC who was part of their pilot program (similar to DORA) just got tagged for an interview also.

There are two others posting here who just got strange RFEs very like yours.

The new number *could* be an indication of xfer of your case to the Local Office.

The important thing to remember is that the one thing you don't want to do with an RFE is not answer it. You can send more evidence back, and see what happens.

Why do you write "interview"? Yes, we submitted my AOS docs together, but also had a long interview the same day we submitted the AOS documents and had to wait hours and hours. It just makes no sense to me. Why should they RFE me when they already decided that I have to go to another interview anyway?

No, I will not ignore the RFE. I am already working on the response. They just didn't specify the additional evidence they wish to have. So I play the guessing game here. Nice.

The new case number they gave me is already the fourth one. When I punch it into the online case status search form, it comes up with nothing. When I punch in the older case number that is on my extention letter and biometrics appt letter, it comes up with the information that they received my petition on November 15, 2006.

But like I said, if they want to have another interview, so be it.

Tiny (UK) & Glenn (USA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.