StateSide

Original Statements of intent to marry Questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am starting the K-1 process for my novia who lives in Colombia. I downloaded the example of the "Original Statement of intent to marry" but I am confused about how to fill it out. I understand that I need one filled out by me and one filled out by my girlfriend. When this example was created it appears to have been made as an example of both "from me and from her" and I know there will be different information contained on mine verses hers. What parts do I enclude on mine and what parts do I eliminate on mine? What parts do I keep on hers and what parts do I eliminate on hers? I understand that the form was designed for me to replace the words in red with my or her information.

For example...

(petitioner’s / beneficiary’s address)

This is for my info on mine and her info on hers.

(USCIS service center address)

This is for the service center here in Texas where I live, correct? Do I enter the same info for the Texas service center on both?

or when submitting for interview

What goes here? Is this only for her copy or for both?

[name of country where Embassy is located]

I will enter here (Colombia)

[Embassy Address]

I will enter here the address of the US embasy in Colombia here

(date mm-dd-yyyy)

I will enter the date here for when we both sign this document. Is this a time sensative date? Do I have a time limit from this date to mail?

(applicant’s or beneficiary’s name)

My name on mine and her name on hers.

(petitioner’s or beneficiary’s name)

Her name on mine and my name on hers.

The next sentence looks like it should be edited but for some reason it is not red like the other parts that are obviously to be changed.

and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Should the word my remain (my)on hers but be changed to (her) on this line of text?

Any halp from those of you that are past this part, please advise or sned me some examples please.

Best Regards...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
I am starting the K-1 process for my novia who lives in Colombia. I downloaded the example of the "Original Statement of intent to marry" but I am confused about how to fill it out. I understand that I need one filled out by me and one filled out by my girlfriend. When this example was created it appears to have been made as an example of both "from me and from her" and I know there will be different information contained on mine verses hers. What parts do I enclude on mine and what parts do I eliminate on mine? What parts do I keep on hers and what parts do I eliminate on hers? I understand that the form was designed for me to replace the words in red with my or her information.

For example...

(petitioner’s / beneficiary’s address)

This is for my info on mine and her info on hers.

(USCIS service center address)

This is for the service center here in Texas where I live, correct? Do I enter the same info for the Texas service center on both?

or when submitting for interview

What goes here? Is this only for her copy or for both?

[name of country where Embassy is located]

I will enter here (Colombia)

[Embassy Address]

I will enter here the address of the US embasy in Colombia here

(date mm-dd-yyyy)

I will enter the date here for when we both sign this document. Is this a time sensative date? Do I have a time limit from this date to mail?

(applicant’s or beneficiary’s name)

My name on mine and her name on hers.

(petitioner’s or beneficiary’s name)

Her name on mine and my name on hers.

The next sentence looks like it should be edited but for some reason it is not red like the other parts that are obviously to be changed.

and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Should the word my remain (my)on hers but be changed to (her) on this line of text?

Any halp from those of you that are past this part, please advise or sned me some examples please.

Best Regards...

Yes u write the addres of the Texas service Center

U do not have to put embassy address here since this is not sent to the embassy - ull do that when ur petition is approved

I do not know about the date - whether it is time sensitive...I hope it is not because ours are different.

Yes you change from "my arrival" to "her arrival" when u fill it in.

Or at least that is what we did.

Good luck!

2007-03-26 I 129F Package sent

2007-03-29 NOA1 issued

2007-04-03 "touched"

2007-04-07 "touched" (Saturday)

2007-04-10 NOA!!!!!!!!Yoo-hooo

2007-04-11 "touched"

2007-04-19 consulate received

2007-04-24 Package 3 received

2007-05-21 Interview - Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2007-05-23 Visa received

2007-08-28 JFK entry

2007-09-08 Married:)

2007-09-12 Sent AOS application

2007-09-14 AOS Received in Chicago

2007-09-24 NOA1 for GC, EAD, AP

2007-11-09 Biometrics app.

2007-11-XX EAD and AP received

2007-12-20 Transfered to CSC

2008-01-06 "touched"

2008-01-07 "touched"

2008-01-08 "touched"

2008-02-08 'touched"

2008-02-10 "touched"

2008-02-14 Card pruduction ordered :)

2008-02-15 "touched"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.