8 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, japanrecruit said:

Embarrassing, but can't find it. Do I need the letter for biometrics, or will it be OK as long as we have the case numbers? 

Hey, unfortunately I have not seen anyone with this problem to really tell you exactly what to do. But I do know it is important to have it, because even on the letter it ask for you to take it along with proper ID. What I would suggest is to call USCIS and explain your situation and see what they could do. Best of luck!

AOS/EAD&AP Timeline

▪12/19/2016: AOS & EAD/AP mailed. (Day 00)

▪12/21/2016: Package signed for at Chicago Lockbox. (Day 02)

▪01/06/2017: Text/Email notification of acceptance confirmation from USCIS. (Day 18)

▪01/10/2017: Physical mail NOA received. (Day 22)

▪01/21/2017: Received Biometrics Appointment via mail (Bio. Appointment 01/30/2017). (Day 33)

▪03/01/2017: EAD/AP approved/sent for production. (Day 70)

▪03/06/2017: Received approval receipts by mail for both EAD & AP. (Day 75)

▪03/08/2017: Received EAD/AP combo card. (Day 77)

▪11/25/2017: Received Green card in mail. (Day 339)

Filed: Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, japanrecruit said:

Embarrassing, but can't find it. Do I need the letter for biometrics, or will it be OK as long as we have the case numbers? 

do not miss your apointment ecen if you can not get it in time. if you took a picture of it when you hot it take that with you.

good luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

as far as i know, you need the letter because they will stamp on it after the biometrics to prove that you did go to your appointment. they also need to confirm ur case number and identity as well as the date. but before i had some prob with a lawyer who receive my letter notice and never inform me, i called USCIS and said i never receive it (before i find out my lawyer got it and didnt even tell me) so USCIS send me a copy of the notice i missed. you can try to do that. also, try to be organized and careful with all of your AOS paperworks, they are important.

6 minutes ago, japanrecruit said:

Hey guys, just a data point-- wife went to USCIS dor her appointment without the letter, they were super nice and printed her a duplicate on the spot. Worried for nothing! 

Hey congrats! I'm happy it all worked out. Now I can use your proof as a reference for future if anyone loses their appointment receipt!

AOS/EAD&AP Timeline

▪01/06/2017: Text/Email notification of acceptance confirmation from USCIS. (Day 18)

▪01/21/2017: Received Biometrics Appointment via mail (Bio. Appointment 01/30/2017). (Day 33)

Just now, japanrecruit said:

Don't be name-dropping me now! ;) 

Lol naah I keep my peeps protected, ain't tryna set you up! :jest:

AOS/EAD&AP Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.