Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Glenn, I have said it before and if you have not already done so, you need to report her and her carpet munching lover to the ICE. The more you can tel the hotline, the better. I lived in the PI for 5 years prior to the internet and cell phone boom and it was not like it is now. I work there about 6 months out of the year and see the same thing as Beam talked about, it is just sad. However, do not let a few bad apples sum up the filipino people. Ken & Maria
Okay, this is for sure off topic here. but, Made my journey through this room, so I decide I would share what facts my investigative work has brought forth into evidence this week. As most of you know, I was married in the Philippines on December 29, 2005, well my wife arrived here in the USA on February 7, 2007. She had daily problems with homesickness and seemed to never be happy regardless. She left for a bike ride on the moring of April 6 and has never returned since. At first I was worried and heart broken, then I decided to do some investigating last week. Here is a copy of the letter that I sent to someone that I have been talking to by PM on a regular basis. He asked for an update, so here it is:

You won't believe this. I was contacted by a lifelong friend of my wife's that said she felt compelled to tell me what was going on. I seems that my wife is a lesbian. It is a well known fact in the community that she grew up in that she is. The cousin she refers to, is not her cousin, but her lover. Her cousin aka lover is awaiting her interview now, as she is married to a man in Arizona. I whole-heartedly believe this was a 100% scam for the two of them to be together in the USA. I know from what my wife said that her cousin/lover had no intentions of staying with her husband once she received greencard. Little did I know that the same was being done to me. I am almost 100% positive that my wife is in the USA still. Through online research, I found her picture posted on a website looking for other females in my city. The date it was posted was two days after she left, she also said she is single on this site. I found a couple pictures of naked women in her computer as well. This whole thing I believe was pre-meditated by her. I also know for fact that the cousin/lover has been living with her for over 3 years. I also know that my wifes family knows she is lesbian 100%. I never even thought she could be this way, what a con-artist. In fact, the whole family participated in this scam from the Mother to sisters. Now, I am faced with the loss of many thousands of dollars on her, her family, etc. I spent a lot of hard earned money on these people so they could have air-conditioning, new furniture, appliances, electronics, 2 new Honda motorcycles and not to mention home repairs and spending money. It makes me feel like fool, but it also pisses me off. I put my heart on the line and 19 months of my life flying back and forth during the waiting. She even clipped me for a top notch wedding for 500 people. I don't want vengeance, but I don't want her to be allowed to remain in the USA. I had not applied for her AOS and I am glad of that. I sure as hell would like to see her deported! I am even contemplating calling the man in Arizona and telling him these facts. Now, I have to find out how to get a divorce from her and I guess I will never be able to marry another Filipina, as I was married in the Philippines. Can you believe this? Now we see why the Manila embassy is so strict. I am sure this is just one example. Thanks for listening.

Glenn&Rosemarie aka Glenn&Lezbo

I thought a U.S. Divorce was recognized in the PI? PW, Sheriff & Deputy Uling... a littel help... Ken

Now, I have to find out how to get a divorce from her and I guess I will never be able to marry another Filipina, as I was married in the Philippines. Can you believe this? Now we see why the Manila embassy is so strict. I am sure this is just one example. Thanks for listening.

Glenn&Rosemarie aka Glenn&Lezbo

If you were de-frauded, that is grounds for annulment. With an annulment, it is as if you were never married. Were you married in a Catholic Church? Even if you were in civil ceremony, you can still file for annulment if you want to meet another Filipina.

Ken, I reported her to ICE last week under your advisment.

Glenn, I have said it before and if you have not already done so, you need to report her and her carpet munching lover to the ICE. The more you can tel the hotline, the better. I lived in the PI for 5 years prior to the internet and cell phone boom and it was not like it is now. I work there about 6 months out of the year and see the same thing as Beam talked about, it is just sad. However, do not let a few bad apples sum up the filipino people.

Ken & Maria

:lol:

Yes, cell phone texting and the internet surely have changed the world!

There are certainly a lot of things (scams) to beware of when living in the highly populated areas of the Philippines - "survival of the fittest".

Glen good luck with situation, I feel for you. I will be praying for you. I do not wish bad on anyone but you know about Karma. This will come back to haunt her , what she did to you, one day.

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Glen, we sympathized for you. You are a victim and feel sorry for that. All we can say, you've got our prayers. You can file divorce there for another marriage but for this time be more careful and cautious. We learned from our past experiences and it makes us stronger. Just other said here, sheman (dont know if i will use a she or a he,so better this way got what i mean?!) it will be hard for her to marry unless she filed annulment here to consider your marriage null and void. And if she plans to get there again using K1 visa, again its difficult for sheman needs CENOMAR, it will appear sheman is married to you. The last laugh still yours...and your right no "same sex" marriage here.

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Glenn:

Thanks for sharing!

Your situation is a very alarming and frightening on many levels and by far an extreme case. Our fellow Phil-Am members have given you some valuable advise on how to proceed. Fate has unfortunately lead you down this path for a specific purpose. Like many of us having had our own struggles in life can attest that you will find yourself in a better place once the dust settles. For now, do what has to be done, continue to be that positive spirit, and better things shall come your way.

You know that I can NOT close without making light of your situation. That would just not be civilized of me. Next time I advise that you do NOT purchase any more bicycles and develop an uten test. LOL!!!

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

You can file a divorce there in the US. Although you can file also an annulment here (Philippines) which could take months and more money, maybe I would advise you not to get an annulment here. Just a suggestion. If your wife will be deported and you can divorce her there, then you are free to marry again, although not here in the Philippines. If she intends to do another scam, then she cannot and will not be able to get married here in the Philippines since her status with the NSO and in the Church will still be married. Although divorce is accepted, she cannot marry here again, unless she files for an annulment herself.

Hi Glen. SOrry to hear about your story. Anyway, I made a little research for you. 'hope this helps.

A divorce obtained by the alien spouse.

A divorce obtained abroad by an alien may be recognized in our jurisdiction, provided such decree is valid according to the national law of the foreigner. However, the divorce decree and the governing personal law of the alien spouse who obtained the divorce must be proven. Our courts do not take judicial notice of foreign laws and judgment; hence, like any other facts, both the divorce decree and the national law of the alien must be alleged and proven according to our law on evidence.

Philippine law does not provide for absolute divorce; hence, our courts cannot grant it.A marriage between two Filipinos cannot be dissolved even by a divorce obtained abroad, because of Articles 15 and 17 of the Civil Code.

In mixed marriages involving a Filipino and a foreigner, Article 26 of the Family Code allows the former to contract a subsequent marriage in case the divorce is “validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry.” A divorce obtained abroad by a couple, who are both aliens, may be recognized in the Philippines, provided it is consistent with their respective national laws.

However such divorce decree obtained by the alien spouse should be presented as a fact. It is well-settled in our jurisdiction that our courts cannot take judicial notice of foreign laws. Like any other facts, they must be alleged and proved.

A comparison between marriage and divorce, as far as pleading and proof are concerned, can be made. Van Dorn v. Romillo Jr. decrees that “aliens may obtain divorces abroad, which may be recognized in the Philippines, provided they are valid according to their national law.”

Therefore, before a foreign divorce decree can be recognized by our courts, the party pleading it must prove the divorce as a fact and demonstrate its conformity to the foreign law allowing it. Presentation solely of the divorce decree is insufficient.

Taken from this site.

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Visa in hand...!!! April 11 interview, Visa delivered -- Pasay City/April 17

Perfect timing...

Good Luck everyone!!!!!! And thanks to all of the past and present contributors here.

This would have been a very bleak and lonely experience without VisaJourney...

Timeline

It looks like everyone's getting their visa and I'm only the one left here. I feel so depress. :crying: :crying:WAH!!WAH!!

FORM I-130

7/14/06 - sent

8/1/06 - touched

8/5/06 - NOA1

8/8/06 - touched

9/25/06 - touched

9/26/06 - approved

***NVC***

10/6/06 - case number assigned MNL20067791xx

10/23/06 - DS 3032 Choice of Agent and AOS Fee Bill Generated

10/27/06 - emailed Choice of Agent

10/30/06 - DS 3032 and AOS Fee Bill received through snail mail

10/31/06 - send out the DS 3032 and AOS Bill

11/1/06 - received email from NVC accepted the Choice of Agent

11/6/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated

11/17/06 - IV Fee and AOS Received

11/18/06 - IV Check Send

11/20/06 - IV Check Delivered

11/20/06 - AOS Send to NVC

12/2/06 - Send the DS-230 Part I and II

12/6/06 - NVC received the documents

12/21/06 - Process at NVC Completed

02/13/07 - File left NVC to MNL Embassy

03/22/07 - CR1 Interview....on AR

04/16/07 - Still on AR

05/2/07 - Visa Released

05/4/07 - Visa in Hand after 5 weeks on AR

Are you saying that if I get a divorce from her that I will not be able to petition another filipina and marry her in the USA?

Glenn,

I'm sorry, I didn't made myself clear on that. If you get divorce there (US), you are free and can petition again and get married. If ever you find the "RIGHT PERSON", it would be advisable to marry her in the US and only file for a K-1, or if you would like to get married here in the Philippines, it would not be a church wedding.

The problem will be for your wife (ex-wife to be)-> Since she will not be able to get married again. If she wants to get married, in case she scam another man to petition and marry her -> her status will remain MARRIED in the Philippines. That will show on her CENOMAR, and unless she files for an Annulment here in the Philippines, she cannot marry again. So, don't help her by filing annulment in the Philippines, let her suffer. If she want to get married again, let her file and spend for that. So the last laugh will still be yours! That will be her karma!

A friend of mine was married here (Philippines) but got divorced by his wife (Norway) due to infedelity. The wife is happily married now in Norway. My friend cannot marry again (he's here-PHilippines), unless he files for an annulment and we know that takes months and money and he can't afford it for now. So, that's his karma, he can't get married and can't have a "real" relationship with anyone here, because most girls of course would want to get married and would not want to get involved with a married man.

Visa in hand...!!! April 11 interview, Visa delivered -- Pasay City/April 17

Perfect timing...

Good Luck everyone!!!!!! And thanks to all of the past and present contributors here.

This would have been a very bleak and lonely experience without VisaJourney...

genlramos--->8efa4a1976e9fb1e37c5161279e8b816.gif

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Kim,

I also am wthout my wife due to AR during her interview March 19.

I didn't see why you are on AR....

For us, it was my lack of income even though I had plenty in property assets.

The CO told my wife "there is no way your husband can support you on what he earns." (Not true!) And that she needed a joint sponsor.

This has been killer for us as I had no one to be the joint-sponsor. We were going crazy with all hope fading.

But Glory to God a good friend's wife stepped up and signed the papers!

Finally I will send in the required papers tomorrow. Hopefully get our visa within a month. We are overjoyed and thankful.

Anyway Kim this just shows you and us that it's God's speed....not ours... and He has a devine plan for us.... in His time frame.

Good luck and God bless!!

Mike

It looks like everyone's getting their visa and I'm only the one left here. I feel so depress. :crying: :crying:WAH!!WAH!!

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Timeline

Hello Mike,

It's great news that you found a joint sponsor for your wife.

Well on my case we really don't know what's going on. My husband called the embassy last week and was told that they are still verifying the papers we sent to NVC and they won't tell what doc they are checking on.

Very well said, we just wait for God's time and may He bless us with more patience and strenght in handling this.

FORM I-130

7/14/06 - sent

8/1/06 - touched

8/5/06 - NOA1

8/8/06 - touched

9/25/06 - touched

9/26/06 - approved

***NVC***

10/6/06 - case number assigned MNL20067791xx

10/23/06 - DS 3032 Choice of Agent and AOS Fee Bill Generated

10/27/06 - emailed Choice of Agent

10/30/06 - DS 3032 and AOS Fee Bill received through snail mail

10/31/06 - send out the DS 3032 and AOS Bill

11/1/06 - received email from NVC accepted the Choice of Agent

11/6/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated

11/17/06 - IV Fee and AOS Received

11/18/06 - IV Check Send

11/20/06 - IV Check Delivered

11/20/06 - AOS Send to NVC

12/2/06 - Send the DS-230 Part I and II

12/6/06 - NVC received the documents

12/21/06 - Process at NVC Completed

02/13/07 - File left NVC to MNL Embassy

03/22/07 - CR1 Interview....on AR

04/16/07 - Still on AR

05/2/07 - Visa Released

05/4/07 - Visa in Hand after 5 weeks on AR

hi everyone!

count me in! i'm on AR jail too because of their routine check at NSO. We did call USEM twice and the recent update was..they already file a request at NSO on very same day i was placed on AR.

Goodluck to everyone and God Bless...

\m/

Timeline

hello my VJ pals. I was present at my baby's interview as you know we passed, but we had a delay with st lukes in delivering medical results, it is been only 4 working days since the interview and we should have VISA in had this week. i will update you all on when we receive the visa, we are in Quezon City near SM fairview mall at smile city homes.

More later :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

7/4/05 - Met

4/16/06 - Went to Visit her in Manila

4/18/06 - Proposed to her at Baloy Beach Resort, Zambales, Subic Bay

4/27/06 - Sent to Nebraska Service Center

5/02/06 - I-129F Filed

10/17/06 - Petition approved in California Service Center and sent to NVC in New Hampshire

12/11/06 - NVC New Hampshire Received Case (FINALLY)!!!!!!

12/12/06 - Called today and got our MNL2006845xxx

12/19/06 - Case Arrive in Manila

02/28/07 - K-1 Packet arrived to my sweety

03/26/07 - CFO Seminar/needs to go back to after interview for sticker

03/29/07 - St Lukes Medical.

04/03/07 - Arrived for second time to be with my sweetheart....

04/11/07 - Interview Date----PASSED with flying colors......St Lukes was a little pain..but we fought em...

05/12/07 - My baby and I got home today POE Seattle Flight home arrived at 11:45AM.

Flight from Manila to Seoul was great, then a 12 hour layover in Seoul, that sucked big time. Flight to Seattle from Seoul was long and the plane was warm too. Once we got to Seattle it was so worth it.

06/08/07 - Got married in Everett WA

07/19/07 - Filed for AOS

10/15/07 - NOA for AOS

12/06/07 - Interview for Green Card approved in Seattle, good for 2 years.

12/18/07 - Green Card in the mail...wooo hoooo...will apply in 2 years for conditions removal.

07/01/08 - We had our first baby..Renae Sofia Reynolds 8 lbs 3oz-C-Section.

Timeline

hello everyone! can i join in? :blush: though we are still in the early stage of our journey... this thread seems so fun and sympathizing to the members...

i've read the posts of glen, and i feel so sorry for what had happened and i also feel so bad of the person who did this to him...why? because she(or should i call her "he") really damaged in some way or another the PHILIPPINES as a whole..as i read along this thread i stumble a post by someone(sorry i cant remember for now as i am still new here :blush: ) on not generalizing FILIPINAs (thank you for doing that) and glad that glen is not closing his doors..thank you glen for sharing this post to VJ..i want to share a quote to you when i encounter bad people or someone treats me bad or unfairly, i just think of this quote and little by little the bad feelings inside me will just go away, here it is "no good deeds goes unrewarded and no bad deeds goes unpunished"..i hope this helps..

congratulations to all who got their visa already :dance:

i have a question by the way, i already got my cenomar and bc last january2007, does it expires because if you will notice in our timeline, we have not received our NOA2 yet (hoping it will come real soon)... :help:

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

hi rea! BC and Cenomar doesn't have expiration...but still CENOMAR needs to be recent prior to ur interview.

anyways, welcome to VJ and to Manila Embassy interview thread. :D

i have a question by the way, i already got my cenomar and bc last january2007, does it expires because if you will notice in our timeline, we have not received our NOA2 yet (hoping it will come real soon)... :help:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.