Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well if it makes you feel any better, you are not alone. I have a lot of friends in the expat communities of Subic Bay (former U.S. Naval Base) and Angeles City (former Clark AFB) and there are so many jokes about naive foreigners supporting girls through Western Union. In the internet cafes you can see them on Yahoo chat talking to 6 guys at the same time (6 "windows") asking for money for this "emergency" and that "emergency". Passing by the local Western Union office you can see the girls lined up on a daily basis. Being "online" has become a career for these enterprising young Filipinas. The Internet has made a big difference since the "old days" of penpals - much more deceptive IMO.
Okay, this is for sure off topic here. but, Made my journey through this room, so I decide I would share what facts my investigative work has brought forth into evidence this week. As most of you know, I was married in the Philippines on December 29, 2005, well my wife arrived here in the USA on February 7, 2007. She had daily problems with homesickness and seemed to never be happy regardless. She left for a bike ride on the moring of April 6 and has never returned since. At first I was worried and heart broken, then I decided to do some investigating last week. Here is a copy of the letter that I sent to someone that I have been talking to by PM on a regular basis. He asked for an update, so here it is:

You won't believe this. I was contacted by a lifelong friend of my wife's that said she felt compelled to tell me what was going on. I seems that my wife is a lesbian. It is a well known fact in the community that she grew up in that she is. The cousin she refers to, is not her cousin, but her lover. Her cousin aka lover is awaiting her interview now, as she is married to a man in Arizona. I whole-heartedly believe this was a 100% scam for the two of them to be together in the USA. I know from what my wife said that her cousin/lover had no intentions of staying with her husband once she received greencard. Little did I know that the same was being done to me. I am almost 100% positive that my wife is in the USA still. Through online research, I found her picture posted on a website looking for other females in my city. The date it was posted was two days after she left, she also said she is single on this site. I found a couple pictures of naked women in her computer as well. This whole thing I believe was pre-meditated by her. I also know for fact that the cousin/lover has been living with her for over 3 years. I also know that my wifes family knows she is lesbian 100%. I never even thought she could be this way, what a con-artist. In fact, the whole family participated in this scam from the Mother to sisters. Now, I am faced with the loss of many thousands of dollars on her, her family, etc. I spent a lot of hard earned money on these people so they could have air-conditioning, new furniture, appliances, electronics, 2 new Honda motorcycles and not to mention home repairs and spending money. It makes me feel like fool, but it also pisses me off. I put my heart on the line and 19 months of my life flying back and forth during the waiting. She even clipped me for a top notch wedding for 500 people. I don't want vengeance, but I don't want her to be allowed to remain in the USA. I had not applied for her AOS and I am glad of that. I sure as hell would like to see her deported! I am even contemplating calling the man in Arizona and telling him these facts. Now, I have to find out how to get a divorce from her and I guess I will never be able to marry another Filipina, as I was married in the Philippines. Can you believe this? Now we see why the Manila embassy is so strict. I am sure this is just one example. Thanks for listening.

Glenn&Rosemarie aka Glenn&Lezbo

Her life has been better for this, not mine for sure.

Now, I have to find out how to get a divorce from her and I guess I will never be able to marry another Filipina, as I was married in the Philippines. Can you believe this? Now we see why the Manila embassy is so strict. I am sure this is just one example. Thanks for listening.

If you were de-frauded, that is grounds for annulment. With an annulment, it is as if you were never married. Were you married in a Catholic Church? Even if you were in civil ceremony, you can still file for annulment if you want to meet another Filipina.

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Timeline
Okay, this is for sure off topic here. but, Made my journey through this room, so I decide I would share what facts my investigative work has brought forth into evidence this week. As most of you know, I was married in the Philippines on December 29, 2005, well my wife arrived here in the USA on February 7, 2007. She had daily problems with homesickness and seemed to never be happy regardless. She left for a bike ride on the moring of April 6 and has never returned since. At first I was worried and heart broken, then I decided to do some investigating last week. Here is a copy of the letter that I sent to someone that I have been talking to by PM on a regular basis. He asked for an update, so here it is:

You won't believe this. I was contacted by a lifelong friend of my wife's that said she felt compelled to tell me what was going on. I seems that my wife is a lesbian. It is a well known fact in the community that she grew up in that she is. The cousin she refers to, is not her cousin, but her lover. Her cousin aka lover is awaiting her interview now, as she is married to a man in Arizona. I whole-heartedly believe this was a 100% scam for the two of them to be together in the USA. I know from what my wife said that her cousin/lover had no intentions of staying with her husband once she received greencard. Little did I know that the same was being done to me. I am almost 100% positive that my wife is in the USA still. Through online research, I found her picture posted on a website looking for other females in my city. The date it was posted was two days after she left, she also said she is single on this site. I found a couple pictures of naked women in her computer as well. This whole thing I believe was pre-meditated by her. I also know for fact that the cousin/lover has been living with her for over 3 years. I also know that my wifes family knows she is lesbian 100%. I never even thought she could be this way, what a con-artist. In fact, the whole family participated in this scam from the Mother to sisters. Now, I am faced with the loss of many thousands of dollars on her, her family, etc. I spent a lot of hard earned money on these people so they could have air-conditioning, new furniture, appliances, electronics, 2 new Honda motorcycles and not to mention home repairs and spending money. It makes me feel like fool, but it also pisses me off. I put my heart on the line and 19 months of my life flying back and forth during the waiting. She even clipped me for a top notch wedding for 500 people. I don't want vengeance, but I don't want her to be allowed to remain in the USA. I had not applied for her AOS and I am glad of that. I sure as hell would like to see her deported! I am even contemplating calling the man in Arizona and telling him these facts. Now, I have to find out how to get a divorce from her and I guess I will never be able to marry another Filipina, as I was married in the Philippines. Can you believe this? Now we see why the Manila embassy is so strict. I am sure this is just one example. Thanks for listening.

I know it took a lot of courage to post all that. Like many in here, we wonder at times if we really know this person whom we are in love with, from far away. So hard to develope trust over the internet. I'm sure scammers like her have learned all the secrets to success. I can't say I would have acted any different than you did. I'm sure her family even convinced you that she had such "good intentions". Did you know, Liars burn in hell!!!! :devil: I feel sorry that she did this to you. I hope she is removed immediately if it makes you feel better. I am happy to know you would consider another filipino lady and not let this one get you down. You have helped me so much with my journey. Thanks Glenn. Please keep us updated or send me a msg. if you wish to talk some. I'm here for you Brother!!

George

Thanks George, I won't say it took courage to post this and I didn't post it out of any malice. I posted this to make people be more careful when selecting a person to spend their life with. I am a strong willed and tough businessman, but I was taught growing up to follow my heart. It seems as though that has some good and some bad points about it. I just received an email from NVC stating that I can withdraw my petition for her AOS and she will be deported. That is what I will do today. I also was able to speak with her cousin in Manila that verified the facts that she is a lesbian, as well as her "cousin" is not her cousin, but her lover. I will get this marriage annulled or divorce, as I intend to move on with my life. This isn't about love anymore, it's about not letting a "scammer" get away with a conspiracy to commit fraud. In my past, I have made over 10 trips to the Philippines (5 were on business there) and I always thought when my life slowed down I wanted to marry a Filipina. I still do and I will, as didn't marry a wife this time, I married a woman that is an insult to her country and to the human race.

Glenn

Timeline
Now, I have to find out how to get a divorce from her and I guess I will never be able to marry another Filipina, as I was married in the Philippines. Can you believe this? Now we see why the Manila embassy is so strict. I am sure this is just one example. Thanks for listening.

If you were de-frauded, that is grounds for annulment. With an annulment, it is as if you were never married. Were you married in a Catholic Church? Even if you were in civil ceremony, you can still file for annulment if you want to meet another Filipina.

We were married in the Catholic church there in the Philippines. Surely with my story, I can get an annulment. Do you agree? I just need to begin the process. Thanks

We were married in the Catholic church there in the Philippines. Surely with my story, I can get an annulment. Do you agree? I just need to begin the process. Thanks

Glenn, if it is a marriage between a US citizen and a Filipino, you may file for divorce in the US and it will be recognized in the Philippines (the civil aspect of the marriage, that is). No need to file for annulment here. However, you cannot have a Catholic wedding anywhere in the world without filing an annulment with the Catholic Church first (separation of church and state). For purposes of visa, a US divorce will suffice to petition another Filipina fiance or wife.

I will find the law that supports the above, I believe that it is in our Family Code. You may initiate divorce proceedings in the US now.

If you are able to get the name of the cousin/lover who is about to be interviewed at Manila Embassy, report her right away so that her visa will be denied. But make sure you include evidence. We don't want Filipina scammers to ruin the reputation of the rest of us here. No wonder Manila Embassy is so tough.

I am glad that you still want a Filipina wife after what she's done to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Glenn, Thanks for the courage to write these posts. It is never easy to admit you have been duped, as all of us know. I just feel like you are a really good guy and you have been taken advantage of by this woman and her whole family. Unfortunately there are whole families like that, not only in the Philippines but in the US also. Just as Birdysboy stated there are lots of scammers on the internet, but there are also some nice ladies on there, it is just difficult to determine which is which sometimes.

I agree with the others, cancel the AOS and check with your attorney about a divorce or annulment. See what the laws are in Florida, can she get any of your assests if you divorce her or get an annulment? It might be wise to check with the attorney about the AOS prior to doing anything. Just protect yourself as much as possible.

I would contact the man in Arizona and let him know what is going on. After all, don't you wish someone had told you what is going on before this whole thing blew up in your face? It is very possible that he will not believe you, but you need to make the call anyway.

I know it will be sometime before you open your heart to another woman because this will take some time to get over, but when you do please look for the red flags that come up and check them out. My sweetie has never asked for money, nor do most of the sincere filipinas. After all they had to have money before you came along. There are exceptions, but for the most part they will not ask for money.

As for myself, there is no doubt in my mind that she is a gift of God to me, and me to her. I have never been so sure about anything in my life as I'm sure of my love for her and my devotion to her. She is indeed the love of my life, the most wonderful person I have ever met and I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

Timeline

Glenn, if it is a marriage between a US citizen and a Filipino, you may file for divorce in the US and it will be recognized in the Philippines (the civil aspect of the marriage, that is). No need to file for annulment here. However, you cannot have a Catholic wedding anywhere in the world without filing an annulment with the Catholic Church first (separation of church and state). For purposes of visa, a US divorce will suffice to petition another Filipina fiance or wife.

I will find the law that supports the above, I believe that it is in our Family Code. You may initiate divorce proceedings in the US now.

If you are able to get the name of the cousin/lover who is about to be interviewed at Manila Embassy, report her right away so that her visa will be denied. But make sure you include evidence. We don't want Filipina scammers to ruin the reputation of the rest of us here. No wonder Manila Embassy is so tough.

I am glad that you still want a Filipina wife after what she's done to you.

Thank you PW. I must say that you are an absolute Godsend to this posting. Your knowledge, compassion and consideration has helped 100's of people. Doug is a very lucky man and I know God will place a special blessing on your lives together.

Here it is Glenn.

http://www.chanrobles.com/executiveorderno209.htm

Art. 26. x x x

Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law. (As amended by Executive Order 227)

I'm having server problems. I will update the list when the server is better.

It is 10:20 in Manila. Time to sleep zzzzzzzz

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

Remember that an annulment is a legal proceeding, just like a divorce. The Catholic Church has law. There are specific rules that have to be met. If you are active in your local parish the cost would be signifigantly less if the annulment is accomplished through the Diocese, in our Diocese $500 verses $5000. Contact your local parish for more info on that.

And PW is sakto ka also. A Divorce is legally binding also. The annulment if you want to marry another Catholic Filipina.

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Timeline
Here it is Glenn.

Art. 26. x x x

Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law. (As amended by Executive Order 227)

I assume that this means I can get a divorce in the USA and be able to marry a Filipina again in the future if it works out that way? As for my wife marrying again, I don't think lesbian marriages are allowed in the Phils?

Thanks George, I won't say it took courage to post this and I didn't post it out of any malice. I posted this to make people be more careful when selecting a person to spend their life with. I am a strong willed and tough businessman, but I was taught growing up to follow my heart. It seems as though that has some good and some bad points about it. I just received an email from NVC stating that I can withdraw my petition for her AOS and she will be deported. That is what I will do today. I also was able to speak with her cousin in Manila that verified the facts that she is a lesbian, as well as her "cousin" is not her cousin, but her lover. I will get this marriage annulled or divorce, as I intend to move on with my life. This isn't about love anymore, it's about not letting a "scammer" get away with a conspiracy to commit fraud. In my past, I have made over 10 trips to the Philippines (5 were on business there) and I always thought when my life slowed down I wanted to marry a Filipina. I still do and I will, as didn't marry a wife this time, I married a woman that is an insult to her country and to the human race.

Glenn

You should file to withdraw your petition, so she could be blacklisted. And also try to find the other guy so he could be warned. Although it is really unfortunate that this happen to you, I am glad to hear that you still would want to marry a Filipina. You just have to be careful the next time.

You can file a divorce there in the US. Although you can file also an annulment here (Philippines) which could take months and more money, maybe I would advise you not to get an annulment here. Just a suggestion. If your wife will be deported and you can divorce her there, then you are free to marry again, although not here in the Philippines. If she intends to do another scam, then she cannot and will not be able to get married here in the Philippines since her status with the NSO and in the Church will still be married. Although divorce is accepted, she cannot marry here again, unless she files for an annulment herself. Let her file the annulment and let her spend money for that. You need not spend more for her benefit. Just my opinion. If she would do another scam, she will have to be on a K-1, but will have more problems because her status at NSO will remain married.

But whatever you decide, think of protecting yourself and your assets so she (or her family) will not be able to get anything from you again.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Here it is Glenn.

Art. 26. x x x

I assume that this means I can get a divorce in the USA and be able to marry a Filipina again in the future if it works out that way? As for my wife marrying again, I don't think lesbian marriages are allowed in the Phils?

Same gender marriage is not allowed here in the Philippines, this maybe the reason why your wife and her partner wanted to get to the US... to live together freely and legally.

Timeline

Glenn

You should file to withdraw your petition, so she could be blacklisted. And also try to find the other guy so he could be warned. Although it is really unfortunate that this happen to you, I am glad to hear that you still would want to marry a Filipina. You just have to be careful the next time.

You can file a divorce there in the US. Although you can file also an annulment here (Philippines) which could take months and more money, maybe I would advise you not to get an annulment here. Just a suggestion. If your wife will be deported and you can divorce her there, then you are free to marry again, although not here in the Philippines. If she intends to do another scam, then she cannot and will not be able to get married here in the Philippines since her status with the NSO and in the Church will still be married. Although divorce is accepted, she cannot marry here again, unless she files for an annulment herself. Let her file the annulment and let her spend money for that. You need not spend more for her benefit. Just my opinion. If she would do another scam, she will have to be on a K-1, but will have more problems because her status at NSO will remain married.

But whatever you decide, think of protecting yourself and your assets so she (or her family) will not be able to get anything from you again.

Are you saying that if I get a divorce from her that I will not be able to petition another filipina and marry her in the USA?

El will be leaving on Friday for her trip to the US, our life is about to start all over again. Prey for us!!! HEHEHE

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

Glenn, I have said it before and if you have not already done so, you need to report her and her carpet munching lover to the ICE. The more you can tel the hotline, the better. I lived in the PI for 5 years prior to the internet and cell phone boom and it was not like it is now. I work there about 6 months out of the year and see the same thing as Beam talked about, it is just sad. However, do not let a few bad apples sum up the filipino people. Ken & Maria

I thought a U.S. Divorce was recognized in the PI? PW, Sheriff & Deputy Uling... a littel help... Ken

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.