Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Glenn, im sorry this happened to you and Rosemarie. I hope she will contact you soon and talk to you instead of running out. I dont know the whole story but based on what your posts you did what you can to help her. I really hope that she will look back to the times that you two are so much in love with each other, the hardships you had when u were still miles apart and worked on things just to be together and i hope this will help her make up her mind to see you and patch things up for the good of your marriage. Surrender everything to God and believe that He has a better plan for you two. Things happened for a reason. Just hang in there and God bless!

009.gif

Will they really look at the 1040 or will they focus on I-134? I'm having a hard time explaining to my fiancee about tax transcripts. He said he hasn't heard anything about it but he got the 1040 but as much as possible he wouldn't want to risk sending the originals thru any mail services.

Embassy accepts faxed copy of 1040 and W2 so have your fiance fax those to you. It's easy for embassy to check the data with IRS so I think it's not really a big deal with them if you submit copies.

The 3-year ITR and/or tax transcript are no longer required by the embassy. Latest 1040 and W2 are what they look for now. However, if you want all your bases covered, your fiance can request for tax transcript from the IRS. Click here for more details http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

What should I do? It has been over 48 hours now since I have heard anything related to her.I have no choice but to feel that I have been used. We were married in the Philippines on December 29, 2005. Do I file for divorce here in USA? I have emailed my attorney, but no response. I think he is only good at cashing checks. He was a major waste of $3000 for sure. Did she do this just to get here in the USA? If so, how can she stay? We had not applied for AOS. I don't like being used and want to know where she is.

Rosemarie will not be able to adjust status without you and remember, you are the only way she can legally adjust. However, since you are married to her already, she can legally stay in the US for two years before she will need your help in removing conditions. As suggested earlier by another poster and since you don't know what she is thinking right now, protect your finances in the meantime. She may have broken your heart but don't let this situation break you financially too.

Even if you were married in the Philippines, you may file for divorce in the USA. A US divorce between an American citizen and a Filipino citizen is recognized here.

Luvbugs, I will update the list tomorrow night. I'm sleepy. Good night everyone!

Thank you all for your sympathies and condolences.

Finally got done with the travel arrangements and we're getting on a plane this afternoon... not looking forward to this homecoming.

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

Glenn, I said it before, you need to report her to the authorities as a missing person. that is the first step. Then go to ICE to report the fraud if that is what you truely feel. I personally think her relatives in the PI were only hearing her side of her story and gave her some bad advice. You need to protect yourself form reposnosibilities as her sponsor at this point. You can always cancel the "missing persons" filing and the Fraud charges, but you need to cover your collective ####### at this point. Hopefully she will do the honorable thing and at least contact you and give you a reason so this can all end well and not with two people full of anger towards each other. Ken & Maria

What should I do? It has been over 48 hours now since I have heard anything related to her.I have no choice but to feel that I have been used. We were married in the Philippines on December 29, 2005. Do I file for divorce here in USA? I have emailed my attorney, but no response. I think he is only good at cashing checks. He was a major waste of $3000 for sure. Did she do this just to get here in the USA? If so, how can she stay? We had not applied for AOS. I don't like being used and want to know where she is.

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

If your fiance is in the military as you indicated earlier, he will not need a co-sponsor and is only required to meet 100% of the prverty requirement, not the 125% liek everyone else. Most all military members are above the poverty line because of their benefits like base housing, COLA, BAH and BAS...etc. Ken

How true that Co-sponsor not allowed for K-1

Does anyone have the same situation? thank you in advance, and i will keep thanking everyone in the visajourney

Timeline:

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

The Embassy is only looking for the last years ITR to confirm your AIG is more than the poverty line requirement. If it is, the other ITRs are not needed. I had 3 years worth, all scanned copies printed on my personal computer and they only wanted the latest ITR and W2. If you meet the poveryt line requirements, they will likely do the same thing they did to us at the interview... they handed back the letters of employment, bank statement, pay stubs..ect. But it is a good idea to have them with you. Good Luck, Ken

1) Most ITRs are filed on-line nowadays and do not require signatures (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore, my take on this is that if fax copy is acceptable to the embassy as written in the packet and their website, then (I hope I am assuming correctly that) an ITR filed on-line and therefore downloaded from an IRS website is more reliable. I am putting this to the test during my interview on Friday. I will be using a downloaded 1040 and PDF copy of W2. The worst that can happen to me is to be put in AR but I have waited so long that waiting another month is not a big deal to me anymore <sour-graping> hehe

2) A bank statement needs to be signed by a bank officer. He can request the bank for certification by phone-call, e-mail or snail mail. He will probably be charged $30!!!! so the bank will need his authorization for this. He should not forget to tell the bank where to mail the certification as it might be mailed to his last known address listed with the bank.

Thank you sooo much for your reply Patiently Waiting.. Please kindly let me know if they'll accept the downloaded forms.. And God bless on your interview on friday.

Timeline:

I completely concur with Ken on this one.

Glenn, I said it before, you need to report her to the authorities as a missing person. that is the first step. Then go to ICE to report the fraud if that is what you truely feel. I personally think her relatives in the PI were only hearing her side of her story and gave her some bad advice. You need to protect yourself form reposnosibilities as her sponsor at this point. You can always cancel the "missing persons" filing and the Fraud charges, but you need to cover your collective ####### at this point. Hopefully she will do the honorable thing and at least contact you and give you a reason so this can all end well and not with two people full of anger towards each other. Ken & Maria

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hi guys, Im off for our medical, leaving soon, hope to be there before lunch, I dont like driving in Manila too much of a hassle. Wish me and my baby luck :)

I agree on the driving in Manila.....I was very much in shock with the driving in the Philippines when I arrived the first time. :o Now I just consider it a necessary evil to seeing my sweetheart. :lol:

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR MEDICAL!!!!

Scott (and Mirasol)

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Hi Patiently Waiting....

I'm really excited I finally found a co-sposor for my wife Lorna.....

You posted something recently for Glenn about if Lorna was to leave me before her lifting of conditions (CR-1) then she would need me to do the lifting of conditions process? I mean...I'm trying to cover all bases for my co-sponsor.

If she can't get her conditions lifted after 2 yrs because I'm not in her life, then her visa status would be terminated?

Which would relieve the co-sponsor of olbligation?

Believe me I have no reason to beieve she will leave me. This is a "what if" scenario that must be looked at.... just like what happens if I die before she becomes a citizen.

Anyway, any help on this would be appreciated.

God bless, Mike

Rosemarie will not be able to adjust status without you and remember, you are the only way she can legally adjust. However, since you are married to her already, she can legally stay in the US for two years before she will need your help in removing conditions. As suggested earlier by another poster and since you don't know what she is thinking right now, protect your finances in the meantime. She may have broken your heart but don't let this situation break you financially too.

Even if you were married in the Philippines, you may file for divorce in the USA. A US divorce between an American citizen and a Filipino citizen is recognized here.

Luvbugs, I will update the list tomorrow night. I'm sleepy. Good night everyone!

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

If she can't get her conditions lifted after 2 yrs because I'm not in her life, then her visa status would be terminated?

Which would relieve the co-sponsor of olbligation?

Technically, I think the answer to that question is NO. Plenty of illegals have obtained govt. benefits. Practically, if she's no longer in your life, I would suspect she'd probably be out of the country, thus relieving you and co-sponsor.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hoy dims, where in Oregon you are from. I noticed it in your profile that it said cave junction OR. I am a beaver alum and Lived in Corvallis and Monmouth when I went to OSU. I also worked for a year in Dallas too. I am back home in Hawaii now. I miss OR sometimes, esp in the summer,hehe. Also good luck in bringing your wife here. I hope it works out for you.

The Embassy is only looking for the last years ITR to confirm your AIG is more than the poverty line requirement. If it is, the other ITRs are not needed. I had 3 years worth, all scanned copies printed on my personal computer and they only wanted the latest ITR and W2. If you meet the poveryt line requirements, they will likely do the same thing they did to us at the interview... they handed back the letters of employment, bank statement, pay stubs..ect. But it is a good idea to have them with you. Good Luck, Ken

My fiance printed out his 2004-2006 ITRs already. And we are planning to have it notarized (though I know it's not really needed) along with I-134.

You said on your reply to other poster that majority of military members are above the poverty line because of their benefits, my fiance in in military, so is that mean that we will be fine?

Thanks for the reply by the way.

Julie

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.