Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Hay.. I had trouble with the DMV too. The people here were actually nice about it.. They were going to give me a state ID (I still use my Philippine license, since here I'm allowed to drive on it for a year, unless I get Permanent residence status first), but weren't sure how long it would be valid. They called the Columbus office, and THOSE people said they can't give me one because my passort and visa are in my maiden name (of course.. it's a k1 visa) and my letter from the DHS (NOA) was in my married name (Duh.. i got married), so even if I had the marriage certificate (original!) it doesn't count. The people in the local office were surprised, but.. they had to go with what was said. But at least I didn't pay them yet.

Any of the other AOS people gotten their interview dates yet? Besides Ate Luz? Just got mine today, and I'm *(@^#in scared. Stress levels just skyrocketed! Mainly because I have no idea where to get "evidence". We only have marriage-stuff, a joint bank account, and insurance. No bills, no nothing, because we live with my parents-in-law (but pay them rent) so everything's in their name. Gah. :stress:

Sis Jackie, ano balita sa iyo? Haven't heard from you in a while!

we have our AOS interview on Sept 7th. Best of luck to all the Manila Embassy Thread Alumni who have a upcoming AOS Interview. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I have been in lurk mode on this thread. But now i can say I got my NOA2 on august 16th. So I am happy now. Well thanks for all the support i got on this site.

congrats_smiley.gifon your NOA2!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hay.. I had trouble with the DMV too. The people here were actually nice about it.. They were going to give me a state ID (I still use my Philippine license, since here I'm allowed to drive on it for a year, unless I get Permanent residence status first), but weren't sure how long it would be valid. They called the Columbus office, and THOSE people said they can't give me one because my passort and visa are in my maiden name (of course.. it's a k1 visa) and my letter from the DHS (NOA) was in my married name (Duh.. i got married), so even if I had the marriage certificate (original!) it doesn't count. The people in the local office were surprised, but.. they had to go with what was said. But at least I didn't pay them yet.

Any of the other AOS people gotten their interview dates yet? Besides Ate Luz? Just got mine today, and I'm *(@^#in scared. Stress levels just skyrocketed! Mainly because I have no idea where to get "evidence". We only have marriage-stuff, a joint bank account, and insurance. No bills, no nothing, because we live with my parents-in-law (but pay them rent) so everything's in their name. Gah. :stress:

Our AOS interview will be Oct 1st, trying to generate the ''proof'' that their asking for in the mean time lol

Timeline

Hi sis!!!! We have been very busy lately for doing lots of packing some stuff because we are moving to Las Vegas on Fri. since my hubby got his job transferred there. Supposedly last Aug. 14 is our schedule to move out. However, i got my biometrics schedule for aug.24 therefore we cancelled our original plan. With your encountered at DMV i had the same scenario. One of the reason why we had to drove by to Phil. Embassy at San Francisco (5-6 hrs. driving from south lake tahoe) is for my passport need to be change since one of the DMV officer required it as well as for our joint accounts they want my married name to be appear exactly in my passport. They dont recognize the marriage certificate (sakit sa ulo )! we spent $50 for new passport and $25 report of marriage. One thing that is good for that DMV officer she said she would rather not to take our pay and make everything be in order on our part than to give me temporary ID and turn out wasted in the end. I will still have to wait for my greencard till I am qualified to have license.(Thank God my new passport is done). Goodluck and God Bless to all of us here.

Our AOS interview will be Oct 1st, trying to generate the ''proof'' that their asking for in the mean time lol

Congrats on getting your interview date!!! I know its stressful to think of an interview, but I know you guys can do it. It's just a matter of gathering the requirements and being confident. Easy!!! :o:lol:

Mir had her biometrics on Aug. 17 and everything went fine. We did not get an interview date yet and hoping maybe to get a transfer to CSC for approval without an interview. :thumbs: Well....we can hope anyway. But if not, we will stress over it like everyone else.....hehehe. I know we will be fine though either way.

Ingat ka!

Scott and Mirasol

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

**Big Booty Bump**

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

Is a one-page hand-written and signed medical certification of my private physican, who gave me the 2nd doze of varicella vaccine here in the phils., enough or sufficient to show the civil surgeon for the transcription of my medical records? He indicated therein the date, the dosage and his professional number and details. Do I still need to indicate a photocopy of his professional ID? Does it need to be notarized?

Please give me advice.

thanks.

Timeline

Does everybody has the "immigration data summary" (IDS) sheet attached in the yellow envelope? I do not have one...I admit that my mom accidentally opened the envelope (but i never looked the content so i wont have a guilt feeling)...so I returned the packet and my visa to the USE on the very next day...they reviewed it again and gave everything back to me a week after...thought that was it...but as ive said, it is just the yellow envelope and my passport/visa..this happened in may but i will only be leaving this sept. i just accidentally saw a forum talking about this IDS...

hmm....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Does everybody has the "immigration data summary" (IDS) sheet attached in the yellow envelope? I do not have one...I admit that my mom accidentally opened the envelope (but i never looked the content so i wont have a guilt feeling)...so I returned the packet and my visa to the USE on the very next day...they reviewed it again and gave everything back to me a week after...thought that was it...but as ive said, it is just the yellow envelope and my passport/visa..this happened in may but i will only be leaving this sept. i just accidentally saw a forum talking about this IDS...

hmm....

I dont have it, i guess that is included in the envelope that you are not suppose to open. Dont worry about it.

This is only applicable for immigrant visa holders. K-1 is non-immigrant.

hmm....

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Timeline
This is only applicable for immigrant visa holders. K-1 is non-immigrant.

hmm....

whew! thanks island_princess and spidergirl! i am relieved!

hmm....

Well, as far as I can remember, there's a small yellow envelope attached to my big yellow envelope (the one that you're not supposed to open). It contained some photos, which I assumed the ones we included in our I-129F application. I didn't detach it, not even removed those pictures even though that small envelope was unsealed.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline

hmm....

Well, as far as I can remember, there's a small yellow envelope attached to my big yellow envelope (the one that you're not supposed to open). It contained some photos, which I assumed the ones we included in our I-129F application. I didn't detach it, not even removed those pictures even though that small envelope was unsealed.

--Mae

no small envelope 4 me... although, when they gave the re-sealed evelope to me, they returned the pics that my fiance sent with the I-129F but the pics were just handed to me & not inside an envelope.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.