Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Damien and I are preparing for our Aruba trip next weekend to visit his mother.....they haven't seen each other in almost 4 years. Damien is very excited. I'm excited for him but I'm a little nervous because this will be my first time meeting her. She used to be extremely rude to me over the phone. Damien had a talk with her and she's gotten better but there's still tension in her voice. I try kill her with kindness but trust me, it's hard. Damien thinks it's just because she doesn't know me. This is going to be an interesting trip.

But anyway, should I be nice enough to take her gifts? If so, what kind of gift? Or leave it up to Damien?

I would take a gift with me, but not give it to her at the start of the visit. Agree with Denden that it might look as if you're trying to bribe her/kiss a$$...If she is genuinely nice, you might regret you didn't.

I would buy a bottle of perfume (make sure it's one you like just in case you decide NOT to give it to her!).

Did she ever say why she was unfriendly?

Good morning VJ family.

Perfume, good idea. Damien brought her a nice watch and purse from both of us.

I think she was unfriendly because he was her first son to get married and leave JA. She wanted her children to stay together. Being an American older woman doesn't help either. Damien keep saying it's because she doesn't know me but that doesn't give her the right to be rude. We'll see........

How did you manage to not meet her before?

Most days, I wish I had never met my MIL!!!!!!! :devil:

Hahaha...:) :)..Jomo's girl..you are to funny.. well mine on the other hand has been very very nice to me. But, now all she talks about is what she and my husband is gonna do when he gets here, remind you she was able to bring him here as a child and never did made all kinds of excuses. And now him and I are trying to start our lives she wants to reap some rewards. She has not even helped me once to pay for any of my expenses. She thinks that when he gets here he will be staying with her and all this #######, but I am NOT having it one bit..i DON'T KNOW WHY THEY HAVE TO CARRY ONE LIKE THAT.

Almost my sentiments exactly. Andre's mom was not so kind to him growing up. In the U.S., the things she did and allowed to happen would constitute abuse and neglect. Now, she wants US to help take care of her and the brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews he left behind. While, we are trying to establish ourselves.....hell, I've been working 2 jobs for the last year and one half. I keep telling Andre to tell her once that money tree in our back yard starts sprouting, we'll get right on that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wha gwaaan babes...mi deyah a tek a hard life easy. You and I need to catch up for real :yes:

Coo pon dis :P Wh'appen Ten! :luv:

Gal yuh noh dead yet? :lol: Mek we tek hard life easy fe true! Thanks for the support! Life is hard but God is good :yes:

(Typing patois is harding than speaking it :huh: Hope that made sense)

How is everyone doing? Stopping in to say hi and show some luv (L)

Today my grandma who is 86 fell and broke her arm and smashed her head while trying to get breakfast :( She has a few stitches and will be in a cast for 6+ weeks. It's so hard when they get older and their health decreases. All she wants to do is play bingo and reminisce with her old friends...why does life have to be so hard sometimes?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wha gwaaan babes...mi deyah a tek a hard life easy. You and I need to catch up for real :yes:

Gal yuh noh dead yet? :lol: Mek we tek hard life easy fe true! Thanks for the support! Life is hard but God is good :yes:

Today my grandma who is 86 fell and broke her arm and smashed her head while trying to get breakfast :( She has a few stitches and will be in a cast for 6+ weeks. It's so hard when they get older and their health decreases. All she wants to do is play bingo and reminisce with her old friends...why does life have to be so hard sometimes?

:lol::yes: I agree typing patois can be harder then speaking it :yes:

Sorry to hear about your grandmother (F)(F) My she get well soon (L)

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Timeline

WHATS THE CHEAPEST CARRIER YOU ALL USE TO SEND SOMETHING TO JAMAICA I MAIL A CARD TO MY FIANCEE LIKE THE FIRST OF THE MONTH AND HE STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN IT :angry:

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Damien and I are preparing for our Aruba trip next weekend to visit his mother.....they haven't seen each other in almost 4 years. But anyway, should I be nice enough to take her gifts? If so, what kind of gift? Or leave it up to Damien?

Yes, bring her a gift to sweeten her up :P Let me know how Aruba is - I've never been there. Have fun!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Nope, not preggo...not yet at least. I'm so excited for you! When are you due?? :)

I'm due December 16 :blush: Jonesie's due December 15. We'll see how accurate the doctors really are!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Squitto, you need to stick around for sure! No one speaks patois on here anymore when you're not here :lol:

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Nah mi girl, mi nuh dead off yet :lol: Your patois makes perfect sense...you're an honorable yardie, you know that! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma...I hope she gets better soon.

Nope, not preggo...not yet at least. I'm so excited for you! When are you due?? :)

I'm due December 16 :blush: Jonesie's due December 15. We'll see how accurate the doctors really are!!

That's hot!! Well good luck and I hope you have an easy pregnancy :thumbs:

Squitto, you need to stick around for sure! No one speaks patois on here anymore when you're not here :lol:

:lol: mi will try pass thru likkle more....di people dem wuk a tek up all a mi time

So sorry to hear :(

My grandmother will be 95 this year, this is exactly the typr of thing I'm scared might happen to her....Even a tiny slip can cause major damage when they are that age :(

My grandmother still lives on her own, goes out and shops etc etc, I am petrified of anything happening to her so that she loses her independence...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Hey everyone!! Such news!!

Okay

we have decided to forgo the K1 Visa and get married!!!

Now, I will be staying in JA for 6 weeks this summer (we are getting married then)

What is the FASTEST option? K3 or CR1?

I have looked at the comparison chart of the two but am kindof confused..

Can I do the CR1 since I dont live there technically? but we CAN file the papers there..

opinions please..

Thanks!!! Im so excited!!!!

Rosa

In the past many would say the K3 is faster but lately it just depends on the workload at the service centers. I think you have the CR1 confused w/the DCF. JA does not offer the DCF so you will need to submit the I-130 to the USCIS here in the states. First you need to submit the I-130 and by doing so you are applying for the CR1. IF you choose to pursue w/the K3 you need to submit the I-129f along w/the NOA1 from the I-130 packet along w/the current documents.

I agree with Nyseness. Though I havent filed my CR1 paperwork yet, I have heard that the K3 runs about the same amount of time or even longer than the CR1. The K3 also costs more because you are essentially filing for 2 different visas and just watching them race each other. Makes no sense. I have talked to other VJ members with filings in many differerent countries and many of them say that the K3 took about the same time as the CR1.

Congrats on your marriage. I was like you at first too...thinking of doing the K1 but then I saw how everyone had so much additional paperwork and stress after their SO came to the states, plus they were planning a wedding cause they had only 90 days to adjust status. I said screw that, lets just get married first and you come to the US as my husband with a GC in hand.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Nyseness, have you got the hard copy of your NOA2 yet??

Did you crumble and tell Javon??

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Hey when I checked the USCIS website it had a link to DCF and a connection to the Kingston site and it said that they WERE doing DCF. I will look at it again and read it more carefully. But we were thinking that if that was the case then maybe we can get a start on it in the 6 weeks I am there following the wedding.

Any other tips would be GREATLY appreciated. I may have just misread the site. I will look at it again later! You guys are so helpful!!!

where did you guys get the wedding date tickers??:)

Okay

Now, I will be staying in JA for 6 weeks this summer (we are getting married then)

Can I do the CR1 since I dont live there technically? but we CAN file the papers there..

opinions please..

Rosa

In the past many would say the K3 is faster but lately it just depends on the workload at the service centers. I think you have the CR1 confused w/the DCF. JA does not offer the DCF so you will need to submit the I-130 to the USCIS here in the states. First you need to submit the I-130 and by doing so you are applying for the CR1. IF you choose to pursue w/the K3 you need to submit the I-129f along w/the NOA1 from the I-130 packet along w/the current documents.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

I just read it again and I cant do that because I will not have LIVED there for 6 months. you were right. I cant do DCF there. that sure is a bummer! :)

Hey when I checked the USCIS website it had a link to DCF and a connection to the Kingston site and it said that they WERE doing DCF. I will look at it again and read it more carefully. But we were thinking that if that was the case then maybe we can get a start on it in the 6 weeks I am there following the wedding.

Any other tips would be GREATLY appreciated. I may have just misread the site. I will look at it again later! You guys are so helpful!!!

where did you guys get the wedding date tickers??:)

Okay

opinions please..

Rosa

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.