Beciee

Proof of relationship

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone

Thanks for a wonderful job.

I had my interview on February 2 and I am now on AP. The CO is requesting for recent additional relationship proof (chats, money receipts, video calls, and phone log).

This is my story:

My fiance and I have been together for 9 years and we have a 7 years old son. He traveled to the US with his wife in 2009 ( I was 8 months pregnant), they were divorced on Dec 2013. He has not visit since he traveled. He wanted to visit in 2014 but there was an Ebola outbreak in my country and the US issue a travel advisory.

He filed for k1/k2 on Jan 2015, the case was denied because of the two year meet requirement. He later sent an appeal and state reasons based on hardship waiver. Based on the appeal, our case was approved by USCIS on Oct 2016.

At my interview yesterday the CO said she was not convinced because we have been in a long distance relationship for 7 years. She took all my documents but gave me my son and i passport and 221g form requesting for additional relationship proof.

PLEASE WHAT NEXT STEP SHOULD I TAKE AND DO I HAVE ANY HOPE?

IF MY FIANCE VISIT NOW WILL IT HELP OUR CASE?( the CO request for chats, receipts, video calls and phone log)

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward for your advice.

RELATIONSHIP PROOF I TOOK TO THE INTERVIEW:

*Our son(my fiance and I)

*Emails(2010-2015)

*Call records(2016-2017)

*Video Calls(2016-2017)

*money receipts(2010-2017)

*Chats (2016-(2017)

*Pictures(one pic of my fiance and i before he travelled, 10 pictures of me with his family on our son naming ceremony and birthdays)

Edited 46 minutes ago by Beciee
cleardot.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Him meeting with you now won;t do much good; the whole timeline you have is suspicious, since you seem to have a relationship during his marriage.  Is his ex a US citizen, is that how he got citizenship?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

13 minutes ago, Penguin_ie said:

Him meeting with you now won;t do much good; the whole timeline you have is suspicious, since you seem to have a relationship during his marriage.  Is his ex a US citizen, is that how he got citizenship?

They traveled through diversity lottery, My fiance became a citizen in 2015. His ex wife is also a citizen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello wonderful people,

My CEAC creation date and updated date are both changed to the 16/02, it also changed from immigrant visa application to nonimmigrant visa application and my son (K2) status has changed to issued though mine (K1) is still showing administrative processing.

Please is this a positive sign?

Edited by Beciee

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.