Private Skylark

Anyone else got a FOUR DAY WEEKEND? :D

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've got Friday and Monday off of work (Good Friday / Easter Monday) and am completely stoked about a four day weekend :star:

So what is everyone else doing?

On Friday I'm going to Southend with my new camera (Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel XTi) to take purdy pictures :luv:

On Saturday it's my Dad's 43rd birthday so I'm going out for a family meal which will be really nice :)

On Sunday/Monday I have nothing planned, but it'll probably be more photo-taking really. Rest and relaxation I think :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sounds a lot better then what I've got going:

Friday: Work from 11am-1am = 14 hours

Saturday: Work: 12pm-3am = 15 hours

Sunday: Morning is required to sleep since I wont get home until at least 4:30-5am, get up around 12 and rest a bit before...

Work: 17:00-24:00 = 7 hours

Monday: I don't know yet. I asked for it off so that Dave and I could spend some time together since he has it off too...but I wont get the schedule until Friday night.

Isn't my job fun!!??!

Technically I have a four day weekend, but I will be spending Friday and Monday doing back taxes for 2004-2006 for Uncle Sam so I can do the I-864...rock'n'roll, people, rock AND roll!!

Sunday: make Easter dinner -- lamb, roast potatoes, sprouts, etc. and a gooseberrry fool.

Probably also do some work from home on Monday as I am a BIT of a workaholic and I can't seem to put my Blackberry away for two seconds, especially since I figured out how to look at VJ on it!!!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

No four day weekend for me!

I am the boss in this situation so guess I am the badun for my employees! (ha)

We work a half day on saturday so no biggie!

This weekend I am gardening a bit! Gonna do a bit of cleaning too! Fun Fun!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Although I'm not a Brit, I arranged to get a 4-dayer (driving to Saginaw Friday, mostly resting, but also trying to get new India visa monday).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On Friday I'm going to Southend with my new camera (Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel XTi) to take purdy pictures :luv:

Oooh post a couple of them please. I'm from the Southend area and it would be nice to see some pics! Pretty please? :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

BAD 4 day weekend!!! That means the Embassy probably has it too.. which stinks. They need to get their butts in gear and get my honeys visa out before they go away for their weekend!

April 21 Dave arrives in America!

April 28 WE GET MARRIED!!!

May 9 Went to SS office and was denied

May 15 After gathering all paperwork, told we must file through DORA program

July 19 DORA appointment - they send paperwork to Chicago after this.

July 24 Paperwork is received by Chicago

August 9 Notice for Biometrics appointment

August 28 NOAs for AOS/EAD

Sept 6 Biometrics

Sept 26 Email saying card production ordered for EAD.. YES!!!

Oct 9 EAD card, Yay!!!!!

Dec 31 Finally got the Resident card! Yay!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I work for a council - and we get given an extra day off after every bank holiday, so I've got a five day weekend!

I don't really agree with the policy - council tax bills are so high that it seems wrong for tax payers to pay for extra holiday days for thousands of staff; but I will be making the most of it and heading off to Somerset for a few days!

I wonder if the embassy staff in London have an extra day off too?

Met in Wales November 2004

Got engaged Feb 2007

Sent I-129F to NSC Mar 6th 2007

Embassy interview 11th Sep 2007

Arrived in US 15th Sep 2007

Married Oct 12th 2007

Sent AOS forms Nov 13th 2007

Biometrics Dec 14th 2007

EAD/AP received Jan 22nd 2008

Green Card interview Mar 23rd 2008

I think Embassy staff in the UK get both UK and USA holidays, so they get the best of both worlds. Where I work I don't even get all the federal holidays. Its good to work for the government, you always get more holiday.

My dad is a fed govt employee - he doesn't have Friday off for Good Friday (he's off but that's due to his flex schedule). I don't think its a federal holiday.

SA4userbar.jpg

not a federal holiday - we have Friday off, though this is the only place I ever worked in the US where it was a mandatory day off which is odd since it also the place with the highest percentage of Jews (and there is no provision for Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashanah). I have no complaints however!

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Sadly no 4 day weekend here for me either! Its a dry spell here at the bank for official holidays - nothing from President's day until Memorial Day. UGH! But at least its only 15 days, 17 hours, 24 minutes and 10 seconds until I arrive in the UK to see my man!!!! :D Not that I'm counting....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.