bahamamama234

Once filling for removal of conditions is it recommended to call USCIS since online status is not working? How long should you wait to call USCIS?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our case we already did biometrics and received 1 year extension letter therefore so far all is good.

I have seen posts about people not receiving their RFE etc's...Lost in the mail perhaps, not delivered maybe

I was wondering if is recommended to call USCIS to check in the status of your case since their online case check is stuck at the bug ''fees were waived.''

And if so, how long should you wait to call to make sure there's no lost mail and that everything is in order?

Thank you

If you don't usually have issues with mail going missing then you should be alright on the RFE front. Keep an eye on the processing times on USCIS' website and if yours goes over, give them a call and see what's up.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Ketsuban said:

If you don't usually have issues with mail going missing then you should be alright on the RFE front. Keep an eye on the processing times on USCIS' website and if yours goes over, give them a call and see what's up.

Thank you!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I called uscis (for my own peace of mind) with mine saying "visa fee was waved."  They assured me that everything looked good and that they weren't waiting on me for anything.  

I'd rather be safe than sorry.  I'm pretty detailed about this kinda stuff haha. 

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
08/25/14 - Acceptance email sent
08/26/14 - Alien Registration Number changed.
10/17/14 RFE was received
10/23/14 RFE/I-195F mailed back to USCIS
11/05/14 I-129F Petition Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/10/14 U.S. Consulate received case in the mail!!
12/19/14 Submitted DS-160 online form.
01/15/15 Submitted Package 3 Checklist for a request for interview!
01/16/15 Consulate sent me packet to prepare for my interview/medical!
02/20/15 Physical
02/24/15 Visa Interview/APPROVED!!!!!!! (6 months!!)

AOS

05/16/15 - Filed for Adjustment of Status and Work Permit

05/22/15 - Acceptance email sent along with NOA’s mailed.

06/16/15 Biometrics Appointment
1/22/2016: INTERVIEW!!/APPROVED!!!
2/2016: Received GREEN CARD!!! (8 months)

I-751 - ROC

11/1/2016: Filed

11/3/2016: NOA

11/19/2016: NOA 2

12/06/2016 Biometrics Appointment

1/17/2018: Info Pass - Passport Stamped

5/31/2018: Emailed received that GC is being mailed. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Michelle13 said:

I called uscis (for my own peace of mind) with mine saying "visa fee was waved."  They assured me that everything looked good and that they weren't waiting on me for anything.  

I'd rather be safe than sorry.  I'm pretty detailed about this kinda stuff haha. 

What's the number to call and what options you had to choose to speak to someone?

Thank you!

Timeline

So I called them saying when I check my case status online it says ''fees were waived' but I did not request any waiver and that I have been to biometrics and just want to make sure all is in order...

A guy told me that I would have to be transfer to tier 2 cause that's a technical problem and that I have to call closer to 8am tomorrow because they are not allowed to make transfers in the evening (lol)

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Jabuticaba 1 said:

What's the number to call and what options you had to choose to speak to someone?

Thank you!

1-800-375-5283

I pressed 1-1-2-1-1-1 to talk to someone :):):)

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
02/20/15 Physical

AOS

I-751 - ROC

Timeline
1 minute ago, Michelle13 said:

1-800-375-5283

I pressed 1-1-2-1-1-1 to talk to someone :):):)

Thank you! before your reply I called them and went through putting in my application receipt number so I was transferred to a guy that read the whole sentence that shows in my USCIS online case check status ''Your fees were waived bla bla bla'' I told him no I did not request for a waived and they cashed out my check I have already done biometrics I just wanna make sure all is in order.

He said ''Oh if you did not request a waiver that's a technical issue I have to transfer you to Tie 2 but I can't transfer in evenings (are they scared of vampire calls? lmfao) So he said I have to call tomorrow as close to 8 am as possible

Timeline

Updates...I been trying since yesterday to call them

they told me to call back today at 8am, today I called they say they would transfer me to a tier 2, instead of a transfer I got a request to leave a phone number and they would call me back in 180 minutes

Nobody called back. I called them, they said ''at this moment we are not transferring to tier 2'' I said I been trying to speak to a tier 2 since 2 days you were supposed to call me back and never did. They apologized and created a service request, gave me a confirmation number and said they will try to call tomorrow but if I don't hear from them by february 10 to call again  

####### really? Is it that hard to transfer someone to a tier 2 just to ask a simple question and clarify a technical issue????

Timeline

crazy!!!

Thanks for the update!

Hopefully they get back to you soon.  

The good thing is that they have you on file reaching out to them to make sure things are in order. 

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
02/20/15 Physical

AOS

I-751 - ROC

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Michelle13 said:

crazy!!!

Thanks for the update!

Hopefully they get back to you soon.  

The good thing is that they have you on file reaching out to them to make sure things are in order. 

So check it out (lol)

I just filled in an E-request (Online request) Regarding the ''fees were waived issue'' and stating I never requested for a waiver and I want to make sure all is in order because I've done biometrics and I have extension letter already so I just want to make sure it's a technical issue.

Once I've submitted it online, they called me. I guess it was a Tier 2 because he didn't just read what it said online, he asked for all my receipt numbers...

Then he said ''The first receipt number you have for I751 once you paid the fee it generated your second receipt number for CR189. You go by and use the CR8 receipt number, that's the number that says fees were waived. The reason it says that is because you already paid for I765 so once it generated the CR8 your fees are waived, all that it means is you paid for all. Once you receive your green card you will see it 

So I guess that kinda clarifies why so many people have the same ''fees waived'' issue online....

I like that he said ''once you receive your green card (have I been approved? Jk I know probably not yet but funny how he said that.)

and he said ''you have your extension that's all you need to work and travel, it takes 9-12 months to approve application if you don't have it approved by then we give you another extension letter..

Timeline

Remember the second call I made and that I spoke to Tier 1 again and made a service request and got a confirmation number saying I would be called by February 10?

Once I check my case online it still says ''fees were waived'' and is also shows that confirmation number from the phone service request saying:

As of January 26, 2017, your Other - Tier 1, referral number ********* is currently not assigned for processing

So they are not gonna call me again cause they solved the ''issue'' already. Is good to know they connect all those requests in the online petition and I can see it online, that means the online case check is not delayed or wrong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.