Ladyj

KINGSTON JAMAICA EMBASSY CR1 VISA APPROVAL WAIT TIME?

57 posts in this topic

Is anyone experiencing a long wait since the approval of their CR1 Visa at the Kingston Embassy?  My husband was approved and it is now week 2 and we want to know when the Visa will be ready.  I sent the embassy and email and they responded "it is under review" and they will contact us once it is completed.  Why is this taking so long?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did my interview on November 21st medical was outstanding at the time so wasn't fully approved. Andrews confirmed that the medical was sent off on December 19th, been emailing the embassy since then. I got an email from them on December 30th saying the case is undergoing administrative processing even though the ceac website saying ready for interview. December was the last updated date and status still saying case is ready for interview, been emailing them and no reply.

Edited by Stacy@

49 minutes ago, babygurl said:

Hello,

\May I ask did they have his medical at the time? That is our hold up from interview done 1/5

His medical was done, December 13th and received at the Embassy on January 3rd.  His interview was January 5th.  It seems they didn't check the database before his interview to realize that his medical was there.  I emailed them last week and got a response that it is under "review" and they will contact as us as soon as it is completed or meaning when the visa is issued but its 2 weeks now.  I don't understand why it's taking so long and the only contact you can have with them is through email and no live person. 

32 minutes ago, Stacy@ said:

Did my interview on November 21st medical was outstanding at the time so wasn't fully approved. Andrews confirmed that the medical was sent off on December 19th, been emailing the embassy since then. I got an email from them on December 30th saying the case is undergoing administrative processing even though the ceac website saying ready for interview. December was the last updated date and status still saying case is ready for interview, been emailing them and no reply.

I totally know what your going through.  So it's been a month for you now.  They told my husband up to a month for it to be issued but that is crazy.  I hope you get an answer soon.  Are you in the CR1 category?

49 minutes ago, Stacy@ said:

I'm sure they are working on it but this really taking too long for both of us!! Once your medical is CLEAR and your visa is APPROVED.  They should do what they need to do quickly so people can get to be with their loved one. 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Ladyj said:

I totally know what your going through.  So it's been a month for you now.  They told my husband up to a month for it to be issued but that is crazy.  I hope you get an answer soon.  Are you in the CR1 category?

Yes CR1 the wait is driving me crazy

3 minutes ago, Stacy@ said:

Yes CR1 the wait is driving me crazy

So it's 4 weeks now since your medical has been sent to the embassy.  Dam, I really know how you feel.  Please keep me posted when you do get an answer from them.  I will be praying for both of us.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ladyj said:

So it's 4 weeks now since your medical has been sent to the embassy.  Dam, I really know how you feel.  Please keep me posted when you do get an answer from them.  I will be praying for both of us.

Yes 4 full weeks, ok will keep you posted. You do the same and thanks really need the prayers will be praying for you too @Ladyj

4 minutes ago, Stacy@ said:

Yes 4 full weeks, ok will keep you posted. You do the same and thanks really need the prayers will be praying for you too @Ladyj

I sent you an inbox message. 

Timeline

sometimes for some random reason it takes a while, they are still doing checks for whatever reason. Ever so often there is a case here and there that takes much longer than normal and sometimes at a particular time everybody is waiting. I know this doesn't make it any easier just maybe knowing that if they said you were approved then you have nothing to worry about except to die of waiting lol. Hopefully you both get your visas soon! 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: Timeline

OMG I am getting stressed reading these posts.  I just don't get it.  Just don't understand the hold up.  Always told be patient, but the patience is wearing thin. We wait long enough to be with our husband and for it to drawn out even longer after the interview just for one item that they have total control over.  They need to go back to people being able to bring their medical in at the time of interview.  My husband is so down about this.  My daughter is upset cuz she wanted him here for her birthday next week, but can see it is not going to happen.  When I see one person get through I will see a little bit of hope:(

Renee

9 hours ago, Keas said:

sometimes for some random reason it takes a while, they are still doing checks for whatever reason. Ever so often there is a case here and there that takes much longer than normal and sometimes at a particular time everybody is waiting. I know this doesn't make it any easier just maybe knowing that if they said you were approved then you have nothing to worry about except to die of waiting lol. Hopefully you both get your visas soon! 

How long did it take for yours to be approved??

3 hours ago, babygurl said:

OMG I am getting stressed reading these posts.  I just don't get it.  Just don't understand the hold up.  Always told be patient, but the patience is wearing thin. We wait long enough to be with our husband and for it to drawn out even longer after the interview just for one item that they have total control over.  They need to go back to people being able to bring their medical in at the time of interview.  My husband is so down about this.  My daughter is upset cuz she wanted him here for her birthday next week, but can see it is not going to happen.  When I see one person get through I will see a little bit of hope:(

how long did it take for you to get yours??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.