Adam&Allison

Couple of questions for interview on Friday

8 posts in this topic

So my interview is on Friday and I wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions just to clear some things up;

1) We got passport photos done at CVS in the USA (I was in the US last week) and it looks like they haven't cut them up to the 2x2 dimensions - should I get more done here or is that OK? 

2) I got the I-134 filled out from my fiances dad and he provided a letter of employment and a photocopied pay stub, I know London is fairly lax with the evidence and the letter will be what they want - but is this OK? 

3) Should I take evidence of relationship? It's not specified on the document list I know, but just trying to figure out what the consensus is surrounding this? 

Thanks 

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Adam&Allison said:

So my interview is on Friday and I wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions just to clear some things up;

1) We got passport photos done at CVS in the USA (I was in the US last week) and it looks like they haven't cut them up to the 2x2 dimensions - should I get more done here or is that OK? 

2) I got the I-134 filled out from my fiances dad and he provided a letter of employment and a photocopied pay stub, I know London is fairly lax with the evidence and the letter will be what they want - but is this OK? 

3) Should I take evidence of relationship? It's not specified on the document list I know, but just trying to figure out what the consensus is surrounding this? 

Thanks 

1. Do you mean you have multiple 5x5 photos that haven't been cut up yet? I took my photos without them being cut up, it isn't a problem. They just scan them in front of you and hand them back. They also have photo booths inside the embassy in case they are not correct (or they will let you out and go to Gould's pharmacy down the road).

2. My interview was December 21st and all they asked for was my fiancees last pay slip showing how much she has earned to date. I also took with me her 2015 W2 and last four pay slips. A letter and last pay slip should suffice based on what I was asked to present as evidence.

3. I did take evidence but was asked to show none of it. I guess this was done at the I-129F stage but it doesn't hurt to take some with you - I took the receipt from the engagement ring as proof. They seem to just ask how you met and what your plans are, it's easy. The fact you were in America last week kinda indicates you're still in a relationship.

Good luck, you'll be fine!

Edited by Absolutely

7 minutes ago, Absolutely said:

1. Do you mean you have multiple 5x5 photos that haven't been cut up yet? I took my photos without them being cut up, it isn't a problem. They just scan them in front of you and hand them back. They also have photo booths inside the embassy in case they are not correct (or they will let you out and go to Gould's pharmacy down the road).

2. My interview was December 21st and all they asked for was my fiancees last pay slip showing how much she has earned to date. I also took with me her 2015 W2 and last four pay slips. A letter and last pay slip should suffice based on what I was asked to present as evidence.

3. I did take evidence but was asked to show none of it. I guess this was done at the I-129F stage but it doesn't hurt to take some with you - I took the receipt from the engagement ring as proof. They seem to just ask who you met and what your plans are, it's easy. The fact you were in America last week kinda indicates you're still in a relationship.

Good luck, 

1) Yeah it's 2 5x5 photos (I guess, I think? I asked CVS for passport photos and thats what they gave me) that are on the same sheet that haven't been cut up

2) Yeah I've heard London are OK with the employment letter and the pay slip (I have our co sponsors latest) 

3) Yeah, maybe I'll take some evidence - not too much though. I've heard London don't really want to see evidence of an ongoing relationship

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Adam&Allison said:

1) Yeah it's 2 5x5 photos (I guess, I think? I asked CVS for passport photos and thats what they gave me) that are on the same sheet that haven't been cut up

2) Yeah I've heard London are OK with the employment letter and the pay slip (I have our co sponsors latest) 

3) Yeah, maybe I'll take some evidence - not too much though. I've heard London don't really want to see evidence of an ongoing relationship

5x5 are the standard American passport / visa photo size. I had some done at Walgreens once, but found them to be incredibly overpriced compared to a photo booth in a WHSmiths.

It doesn't hurt to take a bit of evidence just in case, but it's such a casual chat it's unreal.

14 minutes ago, Absolutely said:

5x5 are the standard American passport / visa photo size. I had some done at Walgreens once, but found them to be incredibly overpriced compared to a photo booth in a WHSmiths.

It doesn't hurt to take a bit of evidence just in case, but it's such a casual chat it's unreal.

Oh so if I got them done at a booth in WH Smiths they'd accept them lol? I didn't realise you could do that? 

And also - just for my own peace of mind, three years of tax returns are unnecessary for the interview right? Another forum I frequent have said that they're required, but it doesn't seem to mention it anywhere on the I-134 on the USCIS website, and people on this forum say that what I have will be fine

29 minutes ago, Adam&Allison said:

Absolutely do you have a review of your interview? How long did it last? 

31 minutes ago, Absolutely said:

3. I did take evidence but was asked to show none of it. I guess this was done at the I-129F stage but it doesn't hurt to take some with you - I took the receipt from the engagement ring as proof. They seem to just ask how you met and what your plans are, it's easy. The fact you were in America last week kinda indicates you're still in a relationship.

Adam what you have seems correct I believe the payslips and employer letter is all that is needed with regards to evidence for the affadivit of support. Can you please submit a review of your interview as your medical review was very detailed and useful. My fiancé has his interview next week! 

Edited by aubie17

8 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

Absolutely do you have a review of your interview? How long did it last? 

Adam what you have seems correct I believe the payslips and employer letter is all that is needed. Can you please submit a review of your interview as your medical review was very detailed and useful. My fiancé has his interview next week! 

I sure will, I'll submit a review on the train back from London on the same day! 

Edited by Adam&Allison

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.