AC77

Concurrent filing checklist review

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: South Africa
Timeline

We are wanting to file by end of this week. I would really appreciate a new set of eyes to review the list, so we know we haven't missed out anything key!

Below is a snippet of the cover page: (I checked that we had all the most recent editions for the forms and that new fees as at December 16, were taken into account)

G-1145- Completed notification of Application/Petition Acceptance document
Form I-130- Petition for Alien Relative

1. Check for the amount of $535, made payable to Department of Homeland Security 
2. Form I-130, Signed Petition for Alien Relative (Spouse) 
3. Form G-325A, Biographic Information of Petitioner (2 passport style recent photos of petitioner with full name written on the back, attached to form)

4. Copy of Petitioner’s Birth Certificate 

5. Copy of Petitioner’s Passport

6. Copy of Petitioner’s Driver’s License
7. Form G-325A, Biographic Information of Beneficiary) (2 passport style recent photos of beneficiary with full name written on the back, attached to form)
8. Copy of Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate 
9. Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport Front Page

10. Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport (Visa and stamped passport page)

11. Copy of Beneficiary’s Identity Document Front Page, from country of origin

12. Copy of Marriage Certificate (front and back)

13. Copy of Beneficiary’s No Impediment letter (confirmation of previous divorce)
14. Evidence Of Bona fide Marriage:
-Copy of Petitioner's medical insurance information (showing alien spouse is covered)
-Copy of joint bank account information (with images of debit cards)
-Selection of pictures that document relationship and marriage (with descriptions)

-Affidavit letters from Petitioner’s parents

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status 

1.     Check for the amount of $1225 (including biometrics fee), made payable to Department of Homeland Security.

2.     Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

3.     Form G-325A, Biographic Information of Beneficiary) (2 passport style recent photos of beneficiary with full name written on the back, attached to form)

4.     Copy of Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate and ID

5.     Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport, Visa stamps and I-94 form

6.     Copy of Marriage Certificate

7.     Form I-693 Medical Report (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope) 

8.     Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

9.     Form I-131 Application for Advanced Parole (plus letter of explanation)

10.   Form I-864 Affidavit of Support, signed by petitioner 

-Most recent copy of salary from Employer for petitioner

-Copies of 2014 and 2015 Federal Tax Return for petitioner (2016 not yet available)

Thanks in advance!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here is mine bear in  mind the fees were different but this was all I sent and no RFIE/RFE and EAD approved in 64 days

1.    Form G-1145 e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

2.    Form I -130 (Petition for Alien Relative) signed by the petitioner, along with the following supporting documents:

·          Money order for filing fee of $420

·          Copy of Petitioner's birth certificate showing birth in the U.S.

·         Copy of certified marriage certificate

·          Copies of divorce decrees of prior marriages for each spouse

·         4 color passport photos of Petitioner and Principal immigrant with receipts

·         4 Form G-325A (Biographical Form) Petitioner

·         Copy of NYCERS retirement plan application.

3. Form I-485 (Adjustment of Status Application) signed by the applicant, along with the following supporting documents:

·         Money orders for Filing fees totaling $965

·         Money order for $85 biometric fee

·         Copy of Jamaican birth certificate

·         Copy of identity page, visa and port of entry stamp of Jamaican passport.

·         4 Forms G-325A (Biographical Form) for Applicant

·         Form I-693 (sealed medical evaluations) for each applicant.

·         2 color passport photos of applicant

·         Proof of Address

·         Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) signed by the Petitioner, along with the following supporting documents:

a)       Petitioner's birth certificate as proof of U.S. citizenship

b)      Petitioner's tax transcript for 2015

c)       A letter from Petitioner’s current employer stating position, salary and start date

d)      6 current pay stubs

e)      Copy of marriage certificate

4.   Form I-765 (Work Authorization Application) signed by the applicant, along with the following supporting documents:

·         Color passport photo of the applicant.

·         Copy of Passport port of entry stamp

5.  Form I-131 Applications for Travel Documents along with the following supportive documents:

·         Copy of identity page, visa and port of entry stamp of Jamaican passport.

·         1 color passport photos of applicant.

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Timeline

Thanks for the quick response Chardon Ne and congrats on getting approved!

-So do you think we should enclose 6 payslips as opposed to the most recent one? Also my husband's Tax return for previous years clearly states his employment history and the start date at most recent company and his position there-should we get a letter anyway from his work?

-Do you think all is on order with what I've posted?

Timeline

Not if your income is adequate. I sent them to show I was currently employed because the taxes are for the previous year. I included my job letter as my previous 2 year's taxes were kind of low and I was working at a different job and had some unemployment income in there as well. I did not submit my 2 previous  years taxes either as I did not want them to include that as part of the picture,  and it was optional. No I do not think all is in order as some of the forms should be in separate packages the only 2 forms that should go together are the 485 and 864. The others should be put together with binary clips as small pkgs for handling by someone else as they are sorted and  forwarded upon reaching the lock box. 

Timeline

Oh, I got you about the income. I think ours is adequate so it will be fine to submit one payslip.

-I've seen that most people here filed the sub forms (Form I-693, Form I-131a, Form I-864. Form I-765)  under Form i-485. I do have two separate batches (Form I-130 and Form I-485), clearly marked and to be bound by fasteners at the top, as per USCIS requirements. I also used removable labeled tabs at the bottom of pages to mark all sub forms clearly and easy to find below stack. the two batches of documents will be mailed in one large envelope from the overnight courier.

Are you saying this isn't right? 

Timeline

No you should have 4 batches. The 131 and 765 are independent documents from the 485. You could have filed them individually and paid the fees but they are free with 485 so it makes sense to file them now. The 485 batch will be sent to your local office for processing while National benefits center will process the rest. If you notice with   mine,  each number included a form (2-5) and was packaged as a separate batch. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.