Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


My wife(US Citizen) filled out a petition for me 1 year ago, I already have my GC. Now we want to fill a petition(AOS) for my two kids(her stepsons)

They're 11 and 12 years old and they already are in USA with B1/B2 Visitor visa.

I several doubts about the forms i-864.

How should I fill out the form

A.- In the part 2 (Information about principal immigrant) put my name(remember I already have my gc) and the part 3(family member 1 and family member    2) put the informations of my two kids.

B.- In the par t2 (Information about principal immigrant) let it in blank and just filled out the part 3(family member 1 and family member    2) with the information of my two kids.

C.- Fill out two forms, one for each child with the information in the Part2. 

If the option C is the correct, shouldn't I appear in some section of the form? Which?


Thank in advance for your help


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same situation and all I did was fill out 1 i864 and copied it so each had the same exact info. You are not the principal immigrant in this application.


" The principal immigrant is the intending immigrant who is the primary beneficiary of the visa petition."


In this case they are both the principal immigrants however you only have to file one form and submit a copy for the other as long as both of their names appear on there in the section that says immigrants that I am sponsoring. You are counted in the household as the spouse. You have already received your benefit. Your relationship with the children  will be shown when she submits proof of the relationship that makes them eligible to file the i485. 

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.