Jump to content

Wondering what form under Section 213A, I need.

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm confused as to which document I need to complete for section 213a (affidavit of support), its the only one the troubles me. Who fills out the form him or me? What form do we qualify for? I already know it's not the 40 qualifying quarters - which is 4 quarters per year max meaning 10 years is needed, and he has 3 1/2. I the citizen, am a full-time student with no income. My husband the immigrant (J-1 visa) supports the both of us 100% and has more than enough income. I'm the first in my close family to pursue an education, the rest of them are on government paid programs except for one or two that wouldn't like to share w-2 information.

(background) The immigration office clerk told me to fill out form I-864 for proof of support, I informed her that I was a full-time student with no income and that my husband (the immigrant) support us 100%. She then said okay then fill out form 213A. I wrote this down in my notes only to get home and notice that 213a is not a form but a section. (maybe this is my mistake but even if so why would she start with form I-864 and then change the form to 213A, because it looks like her 1st guess was correct)  


Edited by Yellowangel
double typed, typo

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.