Sweetheart92

Administrative processing Baghdad embassy

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys, 

my fiancé did his interview in Baghdad US embassy on 9/28/16 and everything went fine, the officer didn't tell him anything but she took his passport . I checked on our status it was updated on the interview date and later on to 10/4/16 and changed to 10/7/16 however the case creation changed to that day as well as it went from AP to ready and then it changed back to AP on 10/17/16 . On 11/22/16,  The embassy wanted his old paasport info so that was taken care of and the  most recent update on status was 12/4/16 and till now we are still stuck in AP . Does anyone know the delays happening in US embassy in Baghdad ? Have you been in a similar situation. Please let me know. I've been worried since there is no change in our status and I just want to see issued already! Sorry for the long message but I'm desperate for some suggestions . Thanks 

Edited by No-fa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi No-fa,

I can't speak to your embassy's delays, but I will share a post I'd written about contacting the U.S. petitioner's Congressman's office for visa assistance, that I posted elsewhere.

Our case is a bit different, because we were approved, but they weren't offering us any info on why it was taking so long to have the visa issued.  But when I spoke to my Congressman's office attorney, she said that in cases where you don't get an approval letter, they can go into AP, which doesn't have a specific timeline; however, they can contact the embassy and find out what the delay is about (for instance, background check issue, etc.).  BUT if the fact is that they are just being SLOW (like ours), the Congressman's office may be able to help you get the process sped up.

We waited 44 days after approved, and no visa - then I called my Congressman's office and in 1 hour they replied that we'd have the visa in 10 days, if not sooner.  The next day (today), they issued the visa.

I can't say you'll have the same situation.  But they may be able to help you.  If you read the posts on the page I'm linking, I explain how they were able to help us, and I give a sample letter you can edit, based on your case, if the Congressman's office wants you to document the issue.  Best wishes!!!

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

Thanks for your reply. The consular officer didn't say anything but she took his passport and gave him a pamphlet stating his rights as a fiancé .he received a 221g white slip , which was taken care of, but other than that we are just waiting in AP. It is frustrating me . I don't know how long will it take For the status to change from AP to issued. 

Edited by No-fa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am so sorry you all are going through this!!  I pray you get your answer soon!!

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.