Valor

Travel back with AP, but they didn't check my passport

8 posts in this topic

Hi, last month I travelled on a cruise with my hubby. I had all my documents ready(AP+passport) When we came back and went through the costume, the officer didn't even look at any of my documents and I just handed him the custom form and he let me go. Now I'm preparing for my interview and I'm getting a bit nervous about this. I'm not sure what the standard procedure is for traveling with AP, but my online I94 shows my last entry to the U.S. was still in 2014, which should now be my second last time entering the U.S.. Do they update your I94 if you are traveling with AP? Or at least stamp your passport? I don't want this to make my last entry to the U.S. illegal. 

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

5 hours ago, Brit1 said:

They should update your I94 and give you a "paroled" passport stamp, which is different to the admitted one. But cruises can be different, so if your online I94 doesn't show an exit and shows you in the US with a valid status, then I wouldn't worry.

Hey thanks. My online I94 is showing me as F1 status, I didn't see any exit record on it. But my last entry on it is definitely the one before the cruise 

N400

My another concern is that if the IO ask me when was my last enter to the U.S.. If I tell her it was last month via Cruise but she couldn't find any records of me entering the U.S.. Would that be a problem?

N400

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, tbone1991 said:

My another concern is that if the IO ask me when was my last enter to the U.S.. If I tell her it was last month via Cruise but she couldn't find any records of me entering the U.S.. Would that be a problem?

Which country did you go to on your cruise? If asked, you should say you went on the cruise, but your last I94 record is your original entry back in (blah).

3 minutes ago, Brit1 said:

Which country did you go to on your cruise? If asked, you should say you went on the cruise, but your last I94 record is your original entry back in (blah).

We went to couple Caribbean Islands. Left from San Juan. The port Costume is much simpler than the airport ones tho. I didn't even see any fingerprint collect machine there. 

N400

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd just be honest about it, provide documentation that you've been here and explain.  Possibly a non issue.  There are also deferred inspection offices that you can make an appointment at to correct this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.