Fulya

Still waiting for Notice of Action!!

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I sent my AOS package on December 14th and they received it on December 17th. Last week, I guess they checked our package and sent our pictures (proof of bona fida marriage) back with a letter (they said that the picture album is not appropriate for the folder). I filled the form G-1145 to receive notification but I've been still waiting for NOA (today is the 22nd day?) and they haven't cashed the money order yet. Is it normal?? Because sitting at home all day is so annoying and stressful?

25 minutes ago, Brit1 said:

What was in your pictures that made them not appropriate?

Nothing bad:) Just our pictures with our family, friends and wedding day. They said that the album didn't fit in the folder (we sent them an picture album, it was thick little bit.) I was wondering if the processing time is that long??

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

u sent it very close to the holidays and also very close to the Dec 23 cutoff date for the fee change. Dont worry you would get it soon. 

Sometimes NOA's are delayed by a month. 

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, Fulya said:

Nothing bad:) Just our pictures with our family, friends and wedding day. They said that the album didn't fit in the folder (we sent them an picture album, it was thick little bit.) I was wondering if the processing time is that long??

Ha, sorry I had to ask :)

Yeah, I can see that an album wouldn't fit. They will assemble your documents into a paper folder with those ACCO fasteners at the top, so your photos would likely be lost in an album. On the plus side, they clearly have received your packet, so I would try not to worry too much. As mentioned, there were lots of holidays over the past couple weeks.

Yes, sitting at home is annoying, but I'm afraid you'll have several more months of that to go. Can you try and find a hobby to pass the day, or explore your new neighborhood/city? Maybe take some online classes in something you find inteeesting (coursera.org is a great resource, and if you say you're unemployed with no income, can get financial aid to cover a class)?

Edited by Brit1

Thank you so much Brit1! After living in a metropolitan like Istanbul for many years, It took me one day to discover Rhode Island (and oh my god, no public transportation here, if you don't have a car good luck to you??) I just checked coursera.org and found some interesting courses. I guess I'm gonna take two language classes?Thank you so much for your advises again?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.