956 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, 2001 said:

Yes, that's how they should have have processed, but don't know why they have randomized it. However, finally I can now login, but still unable to pay fees / fill out DS261. Hope to receive the WL soon. Were you able to fill out the DS261 and pay fees immediately after you are able to login?

Yes I was able to login and pay fees right away, before I got the welcome letter. I'm happy that you can at least login for now..it shows that they're working on your case. Hope you receive your WL today, and you can begin your visa process.

1 hour ago, bebin said:

Yes I was able to login and pay fees right away, before I got the welcome letter. I'm happy that you can at least login for now..it shows that they're working on your case. Hope you receive your WL today, and you can begin your visa process.

We have also filled the form and payed the fees and my pd is also current then why it shows at nvc? 😐

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
2 hours ago, Annas Waheed said:

We have also filled the form and payed the fees and my pd is also current then why it shows at nvc? 😐

Because it is at NVC. The status will change when you'll receive your IL and your case will be transfered to the local embassy.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All! I have received a welcome letter along with fee invoices today. When I login to CEAC website, there is an option for me to pay the invoices under FEES tab. However, option to enter Choice of Address and Agent is unavailable. The first tab CHOICE OF ADDRESS & AGENT is not clickable. Has anyone experienced this?

I was about to pay the fees, but just read the instructions under Summary Information section and it says the following:

"Note the application fee must be paid by each person who is immigrating, and cannot be paid until after NVC has reviewed the Form DS-261 you submitted in Step 1".

24 minutes ago, Mutahir said:

Congratulations, Finally!

Thank you!

Timeline
On 6/27/2017 at 4:24 PM, bebin said:

Thank you! Were you able to fill out the COA form also?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mutahir said:

I had similar problem.  Problem will be fixed within 24-48 hours.

Try it tomorrow and/or Friday.  Calling NVC didn't help me in this case.

The welcome letter says the following:

"Payment must be received before the petition can be processed further. Fee bill invoices for all fees due are included with this message and may be required to be submitted with payments. If you did not receive a fee bill for any applicant who should be named on this case, please contact the NVC; do not send a fee payment for the applicant."

While we login to CEAC there is an option to Pay Bills

There is an instruction to first fill out the DS261 (Choice of Address & Agent) and then once NVC reviews, we will be able to Pay Bills. Again, read the instruction in NVC website, says it will take upto 3 weeks to process the DS261 to move on to the next step (https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/Step_1_Choose_an_agent.html).

So, really confused. So are we really waiting for DS261 (Choice of Address & Agent) form to become available and wait for another 3 weeks to pay bills?

Filed: Other Timeline

This is sequence of Events happened to my sibling case:

1. Received WL (no invoice)

2. Able to login and filled COA/paid-AOS fees.

3. Waited 5 days for AOS payment to say PAID.

4. PAID application fees (after receiving Invoice) and waited another 7 days to start filling out applications.

Others in the forum may have experienced slightly different experience than myself.

Just be patient, you are almost there.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mutahir said:

Yes. please check if you can pay AOS fees, if not then it is another day or 2 waiting, unfortunately.

Yes, there is an option to pay AOS fees and also IV Application Processing Fees. Also, they have instructed to first pay AOS fees.

So. did you first pay the AOS fees and then filled out the DS261 form?

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, 2001 said:

Yes, there is an option to pay AOS fees and also IV Application Processing Fees. Also, they have instructed to first pay AOS fees.

So. did you first pay the AOS fees and then filled out the DS261 form?

Please pay the AOS fees.  I don't recall paying first though.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mutahir said:

This is sequence of Events happened to my sibling case:

1. Received WL (no invoice)

2. Able to login and filled COA/paid-AOS fees.

3. Waited 5 days for AOS payment to say PAID.

4. PAID application fees (after receiving Invoice) and waited another 7 days to start filling out applications.

Others in the forum may have experienced slightly different experience than myself.

Just be patient, you are almost there.

It's strange. I thought it would be the same for everyone. In my case I have a welcome email along with invoices for AOS and IV together. What's really freaking out me was the processing time for DS261 - says upto 3 weeks.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mutahir said:

Please pay the AOS fees.  I don't recall paying first though.

Thank you! I will keep an eye on the COA form for rest of the day today - if nothing will go ahead and pay AOS fees tomorrow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.