Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

so I filled out my form for adjustment of status, where it said family name I put my maiden name not knowing it was asking for my husband name,which I planned to use, now all my letters come in my maiden name and I recieve a letter to get biometric done,.....is it too late to fix that error????.. what can I do to correct that error so my green card etc won't come in my maiden name???   pls help

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They said you should put the name that you want to appear on your green card or EAD Card to all the AOS form, since you already have the marriage certificate. Well In your case since everything was submitted already, nothing you can do for now but to wait for everything to process till you get your green card. And then file for replacement for a new card ( Form I-90 ) this will cost you $455 since the mistake was on your side. You can file this online or mail. This link will help you have more idea on what to do. Goodluck! https://www.uscis.gov/i-90


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.