sensitivemuse

DS-160 Stuffs..

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys!

sorry if I posted this in the wrong slot, please feel free to move it as fits.

So I'm about to fill out my information for my DS-160 (I'll be the one going to the USA) just a few things that I want clarified:

When selecting your location at the beginning of the DS-160 (even before filling the form out) do I click on Canada, Vancouver (where I'm living in) or Canada, Montreal (where the interview will be?)
Do I need a photo (It says upload of photo required) or can I just take them with me to the interview?

Aaaaand is payment required after filling this out ?

This is so much appreciated if you guys can help me out with this. I'm so nervous and I want to do this right. Thanks so much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

1. Are you referring to the dropdown menu with "Select a location where you will be applying for this visa" ? If yes, then choose Montreal.

2. You definitely need to upload a picture for your application. I scanned one of the millions of passport pictures I had.

3. Yes you will have to pay! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks so much! this helped.

Well that stage is done.

So this is another question I have. Now I'm going to send an email with all the information they're asking but I"m reading here and there in this forum that I"m required to send documentation physically as well. Do I still have to do that too?

(it didn't say to do so after I completed the application)

20 hours ago, sensitivemuse said:

Thanks so much! this helped.

Well that stage is done.

So this is another question I have. Now I'm going to send an email with all the information they're asking but I"m reading here and there in this forum that I"m required to send documentation physically as well. Do I still have to do that too?

(it didn't say to do so after I completed the application)

No you bring everything to interview.  You just email the p3 checklist, the DS-160 confirmation page I believe. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.