Jump to content

K-1 visa g-325 biographical - should you list travelling for 6 months in place of residence?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hi there!


i just did a search to try and find the answer but wasn't able to find an existing one, so if anyone might have some advice it would be much appreciated! my fiance and i are filling out our biographical forms for the k-1 and where is has residence for the last 5 years we are a bit unsure how to proceed...


he was traveling through india and nepal for about 6 months at one time, so did not have a permanent residence for that duration - is it more appropriate to simply leave this chunk of time out since there was no permanent residence, or to list 'india / nepal' in the country field with maybe a note that it was traveling? just so they don't think he was homeless, because he wasn't!! he was just traveling all over the place so we can't even list particular cities as their were a lot... thanks SO much in advance for any assistance with this, we are doing the forms ourselves and quite nervous about getting every last detail just right!


best wishes + a very happy new year to one and all on the visa journey :)



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

it is any place you were at for 6 months or more so if it was over 6 months put the country and the general places you were and if it was less than 6 months you can omit it. if you include it you will need to get a police report from that country.


good luck

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

oh wow, thank you so much that is very helpful - this was tricky! it was less than 6 months in both india and nepal (maybe about 3 in each) so that is good as getting a police record from either of those places might take a long time! i guess if the interviewer were to ask about the gap in the timing for residence you could just reply that it was spent traveling


thanks again, i love this place - it really eases so much worry to just talk with folks who have experience! especially when you can't afford to pay thousands for a lawyer or service *on top* of all the fees!


all the best to you + take care

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.