Ms. Arely C.

Help with ASC Appointment/Consular Appointment

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone! I wasn't able to log in for a while but I really need some help! So my I-129f was approved August 15, 2016. Then I got a letter on Sept. 2, 2016 from NVC saying my approved petition will be forwarded to the U.S. Embassy or consulate in Ciudad Juarez. After that almost 2 weeks later, I got a letter dated September 8 2015 saying my visa case is now ready for process. Complete form DS-160 for processing and to create an account to schedule both an ASC appointment & Consular interview. Now the website was working just fine but it's been down since October. I keep calling them but all they say is "Keep trying" & that I can't pay my visa until I make an ASC Appointment & Consular Interview. it's Jan 3rd 2017 & i am 6 months pregnant. The visa was submmited since October but it says "No status". I really don't know what to do, My fiance hasn't recieved any info either. I tried talking to different lawyers but they don't seem to return my call, one of them did and he said I was the one that probably made a mistake. I just really would like some info on if there is anything I can do or any other way for me to pay the visa & make the appointments!? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, TierraGlanville said:

I would contact the embassy after the holidays. 

It should be easier to get a response then. 

I tried calling them but it's a pre-recorded machine. After pressing some options it says "If you're calling from the U.S. call (phone number)" and that phone number is the same number I call & they tell me "Keep trying, call again tomorrow or later this week" :'(

Edited by Ms. Arely C.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TierraGlanville said:

Have you tried contacting them via email?

No. I didn't know i could!? I'll give it a try. I am just really concerned since I saw some people's timeline that are in the K1 Visa forum & some of them started their process a few days or a month before or after I did and some have already had their interview appointment (& are starting the AOS) or have their consular appointment scheduled for this month! 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, TierraGlanville said:

Honestly those time frames are a bit exaggerated. They give you the max times to set expectations. 

Try emailing them. When you email them make sure to stick with facts. 

Really? Hmm, I mean they even posted their stories on how the interview went but who knows then. I'll just send an email, Thanks! :D

Timeline
14 hours ago, Ms. Arely C. said:

Really? Hmm, I mean they even posted their stories on how the interview went but who knows then. I'll just send an email, Thanks! :D

Hi there,

The website seems to be working properly... not sure what you meant exactly by "it's down". Are you going thru this website: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/information/k_visa

Did you create the account? If so, did you mean it says "appointments are not available"? If that's the message it just means they are booked and have no open slots and you just keep checking throughout the day every day until a slot opens up.

If not, please create an account so you can pay your Visa fee and schedule your interview and ASC.

Hope this helps.

Maria

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Timeline
10 hours ago, MariaR323 said:

Hi there,

The website seems to be working properly... not sure what you meant exactly by "it's down". Are you going thru this website: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/information/k_visa

Did you create the account? If so, did you mean it says "appointments are not available"? If that's the message it just means they are booked and have no open slots and you just keep checking throughout the day every day until a slot opens up.

If not, please create an account so you can pay your Visa fee and schedule your interview and ASC.

Hope this helps.

Maria

Yes! That is the website I am going to! I have anaccount. But now I try logging in & it says "Invalid email address or password" It was working just fine in October because I was always logging in then I didn't log in for 3 days and when I tried to again the page just loaded so I called and they said the page was down to keep trying. I tried logging in again and even reset my password but it doesn't even let me fill in the spot to reset my password :'( 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Ms. Arely C. said:

Yes! That is the website I am going to! I have anaccount. But now I try logging in & it says "Invalid email address or password" It was working just fine in October because I was always logging in then I didn't log in for 3 days and when I tried to again the page just loaded so I called and they said the page was down to keep trying. I tried logging in again and even reset my password but it doesn't even let me fill in the spot to reset my password :'( 

I just tried going on to the site and it let me enter data for the forgot password option.

Maybe try again or from a different computer. Or clear your web browser cache and cookies.

Other than that I'm out of ideas and the only other option would be to call into the customer service line.

Good luck and hope it gets resolved soon:)

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

Timeline
2 hours ago, MariaR323 said:

I just tried going on to the site and it let me enter data for the forgot password option.

Maybe try again or from a different computer. Or clear your web browser cache and cookies.

Other than that I'm out of ideas and the only other option would be to call into the customer service line.

Good luck and hope it gets resolved soon:)

I just tried it on my computer & it worked! When I would try logging in the page would just refresh but I had noticed that now it said "Invalid email or password" so I decided to reset my password and it worked! I know the website had been down for a while since I kept calling & they would tell me "Yes, my Manager just confirmed the website is down so i recommend you keep on trying until it works" but I got it now so Thank You! :D 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ms. Arely C. said:

I just tried it on my computer & it worked! When I would try logging in the page would just refresh but I had noticed that now it said "Invalid email or password" so I decided to reset my password and it worked! I know the website had been down for a while since I kept calling & they would tell me "Yes, my Manager just confirmed the website is down so i recommend you keep on trying until it works" but I got it now so Thank You! :D 

Good to hear!! You're on your way now... Good luck!! :thumbs:

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.