nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, kwame??? said:

am also waiting for reaffirmation so we should keep updating ourselves tank you

kwame our case was reaffirmed already since December 2016, so and was sent back to Ghana US consulate by NVC , but the embassy is still saying they have not received the case yet, in order to schedule the 2nd interview for us. Our cases are different but let keep praying for each other

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

They are just not that far as yet, soon we pray that all get the reaffirm and the rest get the appointment.  Did you ask for the envelope number from Uscis so you can trace it Lutz?

Timeline
On 3/4/2017 at 1:29 PM, Jenilyn and Awal said:

When did you get the return to Uscis Kwame????

awal haven't gotten date yet it was sent last year november and still waiting till it get to uscis but now have'nt gotten any update yet

Timeline

Call Accra or email ask for the packet number and have your congressman trace where it is at. But ours took 5 months to get to NVC then goes to my service center then back to Uscis . The packet may just be getting to NVC so keep bugging them . Is uours cr1? If it is a k1 it will expire so you can refile but cr1 you got to wIt it out you got about 18 months , we haven't heard and I thought we would by now been back to us is a yeR and few days now congressmN checking again. Praying for the best

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

Call Accra or email ask for the packet number and have your congressman trace where it is at. But ours took 5 months to get to NVC then goes to my service center then back to Uscis . The packet may just be getting to NVC so keep bugging them . Is uours cr1? If it is a k1 it will expire so you can refile but cr1 you got to wIt it out you got about 18 months , we haven't heard and I thought we would by now been back to us is a yeR and few days now congressmN checking again. Praying for the best

Jenilyn and Awal, who are you advising to call Accra ? Kwame?...For us it's a reaffirmed case. It has gone through all these channels already. Now it supposed to be in Accra waiting for second Interview. So Pray for us and we will also pray for you to get reaffirmed.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

Yes reaffirmed did this already, praying for all in the process of course. ! 

Ok, If your case is a reaffirmed case then yes we are all waiting for a second interview dates. According to the NVC reaffirmation letter I received, it says our case was sent to Accra Ghana US Embassy since December 29, 2016, but we have not heard anything from Ghana up to date. Is that normal ?

Timeline

I posted this in a new topic field, but just found out today, that after all this waiting and the embassy in Accra saying they don't even have my husband's file, today I was told by the congressperson's rep that they did have the file.

Even though the USCIS had reaffirmed our case, they embassy disagreed with the reaffirmation and sent it back AGAIN to USCIS at the end of February this year.

If anyone has been through this, can you advise?

Thanks

Timeline
3 minutes ago, lutz said:

I posted this in a new topic field, but just found out today, that after all this waiting and the embassy in Accra saying they don't even have my husband's file, today I was told by the congressperson's rep that they did have the file.

Even though the USCIS had reaffirmed our case, they embassy disagreed with the reaffirmation and sent it back AGAIN to USCIS at the end of February this year.

If anyone has been through this, can you advise?

Thanks

lutz, I'm shocked to hear this, but why didn't NVC or USCIS inform you that whenever you call them?. I have not heard anything from my Senator's office yet, I need to call them today to find out what's going on. I even called the NVC yesterday and I was told that our case is in Accra , And that according to their records the Consulate have not updated their system since December, so the NVC can not find out if they received the case or not.. So lutz, did you appeal for your case to be reaffirmed or the USCIS just reaffirmed it? For my case they sent NOIR/NOID letter, and responded and they revoked it for lack of strong evidence , So I appealed by filing form I-290B to reopen the case. The case was reopened and reaffirmed by USCIS.

Timeline
1 minute ago, nyala62 said:

lutz, I'm shocked to hear this, but why didn't NVC or USCIS inform you that whenever you call them?. I have not heard anything from my Senator's office yet, I need to call them today to find out what's going on. I even called the NVC yesterday and I was told that our case is in Accra , And that according to their records the Consulate have not updated their system since December, so the NVC can not find out if they received the case or not.. So lutz, did you appeal for your case to be reaffirmed or the USCIS just reaffirmed it? For my case they sent NOIR/NOID letter, and responded and they revoked it for lack of strong evidence , So I appealed by filing form I-290B to reopen the case. The case was reopened and reaffirmed by USCIS.

I was also shocked.  While waiting for the USCIS to review, I did send in more documentation under something called Request for Approval, or something like that, I can't remember the exact name.  My lawyer filed it and I provided a LOT more evidence of our relationship.  We already have strong evidence.  But for whatever reason, the embassy in Accra does not agree.  I am older than my husband, but I really don't believe that's the issue. she never once asked him about it, but was harping on two other issues, which I believe is what's causing all this.  You should get hold of your congressperson, because Accra will never tell you what's going on, but they did tell the congressperson's rep exactly what they did, and he in turn, told me.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, lutz said:

I was also shocked.  While waiting for the USCIS to review, I did send in more documentation under something called Request for Approval, or something like that, I can't remember the exact name.  My lawyer filed it and I provided a LOT more evidence of our relationship.  We already have strong evidence.  But for whatever reason, the embassy in Accra does not agree.  I am older than my husband, but I really don't believe that's the issue. she never once asked him about it, but was harping on two other issues, which I believe is what's causing all this.  You should get hold of your congressperson, because Accra will never tell you what's going on, but they did tell the congressperson's rep exactly what they did, and he in turn, told me.

lutz, why don't you call USCIS and NVC yourself to find out if true your case was sent back?. And did your case status change or it is still the same: EXPIRING SOON?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nyala62 said:

lutz, why don't you call USCIS and NVC yourself to find out if true your case was sent back?. And did your case status change or it is still the same: EXPIRING SOON?

I just checked.  It still says expiring soon, and the latest update date is yesterday, March 7th.  So for that reason, I believe the congressperson when he says that it has been sent back.  I am going to call USCIS and confirm, but I'm pretty sure the embassy sent it back.  Seems like they don't like women petitioning for the men there.  I understand we have an age difference but I've seen many cases where there wasn't an age difference, but whenever it's a woman petitioning for a Ghanaian man, they are getting denied.  That's just my take on all this.

Timeline

Lutz: according to the process they cannot return the case for the same reason, of course they can return for a different reason . I really don't know what to say next steps are. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.