nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 5/4/2018 at 9:14 PM, Shomefune96 said:

That is awesome! I'm so glad to hear it. I know you have been waiting a long time. And you are so right. It's a slow process, but you don't know what you don't know when you're first starting. Everything seems so urgent and you just can't imagine the process was ever going to take that long. Good luck on your interview. You should hear from them shortly on an appt. I wouldn't worry about the dates online. They will make room for reaffirmations! Let us know when you get that date so we can send all praises up for you. Your about to be together soon, just a little while longer :)

Can you share with me why i was first denied?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, nadler Howard said:

Can you share with me why i was first denied?

They never told us why. No reason whatsoever. They simply gave my husband a pink slip that directed him to contact the USCIS within 60 days. I found out later that we had been placed in administrative processing status. When the USCIS finally responded, they responded with reaffirming our case. We never got a NOIR so we never found out what reasons the embassy had for denying us. But apparently when the USCIS looked it over, they found no merit in their denial of our case and simply reaffirmed. This used to happen a lot. I hear the situation with the ghana embassy is a lot better now. They used to deny people for no reason at all. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shomefune96 said:

They never told us why. No reason whatsoever. They simply gave my husband a pink slip that directed him to contact the USCIS within 60 days. I found out later that we had been placed in administrative processing status. When the USCIS finally responded, they responded with reaffirming our case. We never got a NOIR so we never found out what reasons the embassy had for denying us. But apparently when the USCIS looked it over, they found no merit in their denial of our case and simply reaffirmed. This used to happen a lot. I hear the situation with the ghana embassy is a lot better now. They used to deny people for no reason at all. 

Thank you.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Shomefune96 said:

Once again thanks for you sincere and clear answer. Would you be kind again to tell me what other documents that you presented during or after the affirmation? To be precises, what other documents you were at last told that was missing and the reason surrounding the actuality of the denial before reaffirming?

Timeline
15 hours ago, nadler Howard said:

Once again thanks for you sincere and clear answer. Would you be kind again to tell me what other documents that you presented during or after the affirmation? To be precises, what other documents you were at last told that was missing and the reason surrounding the actuality of the denial before reaffirming?

Sure. So since we never knew when we were going to hear back from them or what we were going to hear we just used that time to create more proof of our relationship. I visited again. We took more photo's that we did previously. I took photos with friends and family there. I got my sister to come with me to Ghana and we took pictures there to confirm that shows that my family was well aware of our marriage. I printed out our conversations from the beginning until about 2 months into the relationship and also the last 3 months prior to the interview so they had proof of when it started and how the relationship was just prior to the interview. I did this just to have them in case they asks for them etc. 

So when he did go to the interview we did provide those additional photo's and all the conversations, copies of birthday cards he'd sent me and valentines day cards etc. I had my parents both to write out letters about their feelings on the situation. I also included my own letter and gave them those. We included all the photos i took while there and those with my sister as well. He gave those to them in the morning and then they gave him a time to come back that day for his interview (assume this is so they can look over the new stuff provided). I also provided updated tax returns and updated Geographic page and an updated Affadavit of Support(this is required).  When he interviewed the only thing they asked him was why i had not yet changed my last name and that they needed a letter from me detailing why i had not done so. I hadn't because USCIS unfortunately had our original copy because we thought we had to send it to them. So i had not been able to change my last name without proof of our marriage. But that was the only thing they asked and they told him to bring that to the DHL when he goes to pick up his passport. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shomefune96 said:

Sure. So since we never knew when we were going to hear back from them or what we were going to hear we just used that time to create more proof of our relationship. I visited again. We took more photo's that we did previously. I took photos with friends and family there. I got my sister to come with me to Ghana and we took pictures there to confirm that shows that my family was well aware of our marriage. I printed out our conversations from the beginning until about 2 months into the relationship and also the last 3 months prior to the interview so they had proof of when it started and how the relationship was just prior to the interview. I did this just to have them in case they asks for them etc. 

So when he did go to the interview we did provide those additional photo's and all the conversations, copies of birthday cards he'd sent me and valentines day cards etc. I had my parents both to write out letters about their feelings on the situation. I also included my own letter and gave them those. We included all the photos i took while there and those with my sister as well. He gave those to them in the morning and then they gave him a time to come back that day for his interview (assume this is so they can look over the new stuff provided). I also provided updated tax returns and updated Geographic page and an updated Affadavit of Support(this is required).  When he interviewed the only thing they asked him was why i had not yet changed my last name and that they needed a letter from me detailing why i had not done so. I hadn't because USCIS unfortunately had our original copy because we thought we had to send it to them. So i had not been able to change my last name without proof of our marriage. But that was the only thing they asked and they told him to bring that to the DHL when he goes to pick up his passport. 

Thanks allot. You have been very helpful with those informations. I truly appreciate your time.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, nadler Howard said:

Thanks allot. You have been very helpful with those informations. I truly appreciate your time.

Before the first interview how many times did you visit? How many times did you visit Ghana in all your visit before the approval.?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, nadler Howard said:

Before the first interview how many times did you visit? How many times did you visit Ghana in all your visit before the approval.?

Please also Share with me some of the reason you observed as the courses of delays and denials.

Timeline
1 hour ago, nadler Howard said:

Not a problem at all. That's what we are here for. 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, nadler Howard said:

Please also Share with me some of the reason you observed as the courses of delays and denials.

As for the denials, they  are really up to the agent and how well your spouse answers the questions. I'm saying that because everything they asked for we had and it still didn't seem to be enough. and truthfully we didn't provide much more at the second interview that we did in the beginning. So my assumption is just to be sure your spouse knows you and your family well because they sometimes asks questions regarding the family. And dates, at least the months of when you met, how long you been together, your children if you have any, that sort of thing. It basically lets them know how well you actually know each other. They are just trying to make sure your marriage isn't fraudulent. They don't ask many questions at all some more than others. So the reasons for denial i can't really say, but as for delays, that is simply BECAUSE there are so many denials. Once you are denied, you are put to the back of the stack, behind new petitions and it will just depend on your service centers backorder time that will determine how long it will be before they contact you back. Based on being here for a while, i think its safe to say if you are denied, to expect the process to be at least 18 months to 2 years after that, from the denial to the finish (getting the visa). I've not heard of anyone that went for a second interview get denied. One of our other users, LadeanB, said it earlier, i think sometimes they just deny you to see if you will last thru the process cause so many people do not. 

I know it sounds bad if you get denied, but think of it this way. So many of us had NO CLUE going in what to expect. It was the not knowing that was the worst for me and i'm sure everyone else. But if you KNOW what to expect, it makes that wait a lot easier and makes you feel less frantic about things. You can relax a little and just enjoy each other they way you currently have it, and only think about what you need to do when the time comes. That's why i continue to be here even after getting my husband here. Just to help others with their process know what to expect. 

I visited literally 1 time prior to his first interview and 1 time prior to his next interview, i didn't have the money or time to keep going back and forth. They say the more you visit the more of a chance you have. I do not know if that is true or not, as i know a person right now whose wife has not only been there several times but has business dealings going on in Ghana and travel there all the time, and when they went for the visa he was denied the first go round, the weird part about that too is usually they look for red flags, like age difference, difference in religion, etc. And she not only visited often but they were both of the same religion and same age.  And then i have a friend currently who was approved the first time they tried, took them exactly 10 months from application to getting the visa. So it all just goes back to there is no way to know what will get you approved or denied. You just do your best and hang on to each other, stay close and don't get discouraged. 

Edited by Shomefune96
add info

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Shomefune96 said:

As for the denials, they  are really up to the agent and how well your spouse answers the questions. I'm saying that because everything they asked for we had and it still didn't seem to be enough. and truthfully we didn't provide much more at the second interview that we did in the beginning. So my assumption is just to be sure your spouse knows you and your family well because they sometimes asks questions regarding the family. And dates, at least the months of when you met, how long you been together, your children if you have any, that sort of thing. It basically lets them know how well you actually know each other. They are just trying to make sure your marriage isn't fraudulent. They don't ask many questions at all some more than others. So the reasons for denial i can't really say, but as for delays, that is simply BECAUSE there are so many denials. Once you are denied, you are put to the back of the stack, behind new petitions and it will just depend on your service centers backorder time that will determine how long it will be before they contact you back. Based on being here for a while, i think its safe to say if you are denied, to expect the process to be at least 18 months to 2 years after that, from the denial to the finish (getting the visa). I've not heard of anyone that went for a second interview get denied. One of our other users, LadeanB, said it earlier, i think sometimes they just deny you to see if you will last thru the process cause so many people do not. 

I know it sounds bad if you get denied, but think of it this way. So many of us had NO CLUE going in what to expect. It was the not knowing that was the worst for me and i'm sure everyone else. But if you KNOW what to expect, it makes that wait a lot easier and makes you feel less frantic about things. You can relax a little and just enjoy each other they way you currently have it, and only think about what you need to do when the time comes. That's why i continue to be here even after getting my husband here. Just to help others with their process know what to expect. 

I think that's the truth because this second denial for us because we didn't save messages at the beginning of our journey we are having a tough time getting through. Like you said not knowing what to expect and I got married on the first visit has hurt our case. So I will see what goes on from our NOIR then we will take it from there. I wish I knew Bout visa journey sooner. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, chris_trina said:

I think that's the truth because this second denial for us because we didn't save messages at the beginning of our journey we are having a tough time getting through. Like you said not knowing what to expect and I got married on the first visit has hurt our case. So I will see what goes on from our NOIR then we will take it from there. I wish I knew Bout visa journey sooner. 

I know, i'm with you on that one. It was a lifesaver to come here and find others going thru the same thing. It really helped calm me a lot because i was so devastated when they denied him the first time. :) You'll be together, just don't give up. I never thought anything in the world was worth the headache, but it turned out to be the best thing i've ever done :-)

Timeline

We are being patient hopefully we sent in enough evidence to get him through this time. Our Noir focused on me financially how I afford to see my husband so many times. And why my family didn't come to the wedding Hopefully God will lift us up as couple yo bring him home.

Timeline
1 minute ago, chris_trina said:

We are being patient hopefully we sent in enough evidence to get him through this time. Our Noir focused on me financially how I afford to see my husband so many times. And why my family didn't come to the wedding Hopefully God will lift us up as couple yo bring him home.

That is just craziness? They really asked you why your family wasn't there. I don't know why they act as if everyone has thousands of bucks to travel on a whim to a wedding across the globe. Just crazy. You will get it. I'm putting the positive vibes in the air right now as we speak for you. You will see your husband soon :) Good Luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.