nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, dmh59 said:

I wondered too about how to go about getting that changed.   Oh they don't even look at the evidence presented.  I'm convinced they deny everyone at first.   It's a shame u have to go thru all this turmoil.  But we all r coming to an end - soon!! 

Amen 

Timeline

@nyala62 I saw that you have been approved..Congratulations! Please submit a review if you haven't.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Hi everyone, hope we're all doing great by God's blessings, May he continue to strengthen us and our spouses. Has anyone got interview date for reaffirmed case? Thanks.

Timeline

Greetings VJ Family!!  We are well.  Thanks @trustG for the prayers and may the Most High also keep you and your family strong and for all the others going through this process.  

I have not heard anything yet for our interview.  I did call NVC today to confirm what office would schedule the interview.  The NVC rep told me that the Embassy schedules interviews for reaffirmed petitions.  So we should expect notification from the Embassy,  I will send an email to the Embassy to find out how they send notification for interviews of reaffirmed petitions (email, mail, phone call, etc.).  

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Boohene102314 said:

Greetings VJ Family!!  We are well.  Thanks @trustG for the prayers and may the Most High also keep you and your family strong and for all the others going through this process.  

I have not heard anything yet for our interview.  I did call NVC today to confirm what office would schedule the interview.  The NVC rep told me that the Embassy schedules interviews for reaffirmed petitions.  So we should expect notification from the Embassy,  I will send an email to the Embassy to find out how they send notification for interviews of reaffirmed petitions (email, mail, phone call, etc.).  

Amen @Boohene102314.thanks for the information, I think ours and urs received by the embassy same week, they received our case on June 29th 2017. So pls keep me update on the interview schedule. Thanks so much. May God's ☮peace and 💏love be with us all. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Boohene102314 said:

We received our interview notification by phone call. My had a call from the Embassy to come the following week for her reaffirmed case interview. so it depends, some receive e-mails some get letters in the mail. So keep your everything working...Good luck to all. We have finished and wife will be departing Kotoka Airport next wekk Insha Allah.

Timeline

@nyala62Thanks for the information. I will continue to be on the lookout and tell my husband that he may receive a call directly.  I know you are sooooo happy and excited that your wife will be with you soon!!!  I pray for her safe travel.  Congratulations!!

btw, did she have to submit the original marriage certificate again?

Edited by Boohene102314

Timeline

VISA WAHALA

The US Embassy in Ghana is the gift that keeps on giving! My husband's interview was on the June 22nd. He was approved,   BUT his visa is still not ready. They told us it would take 2 weeks. He went to the DHL pickup office  today(I don't know why they have outsourced this to DHL) and they said come back next week! The website to track the visa doesn't work.

How did take to receive your passport back with the visa?  We were hoping he would be here by the July 22nd for a family reunion.

Edited by REM4ALWAYS

Timeline

@REM4ALWAYSGreetings!  Congrats on your approval!!  I pray your husband reaches you in time for your family reunion.  

During the interview did you husband have to present the original marriage certificate, new medical & police records?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boohene102314 said:

@REM4ALWAYSGreetings!  Congrats on your approval!!  I pray your husband reaches you in time for your family reunion.  

During the interview did you husband have to present the original marriage certificate, new medical & police records?

Yes, you have to take all documentation back when you return for the 2nd interview that you had take for the first one.

•  Medicals
  • Police report
  • 2 passport pictures
  • Affidavit of support (I-864)
  • Birth certificate
  • marriage license
  • All other supporting documentation

Timeline
24 minutes ago, REM4ALWAYS said:

Yes, you have to take all documentation back when you return for the 2nd interview that you had take for the first one.

•  Medicals
  • Police report
  • 2 passport pictures
  • Affidavit of support (I-864)
  • Birth certificate
  • marriage license
  • All other supporting documentation

Blessings to vj 👪family.  Boohene, 👍great that u brought that up. And REM4ALWAYS, thanks for the information. Maybe ur husband should enquire from the embassy why his visa is taking long to reach dhl 🏢office. Just my thought. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, REM4ALWAYS said:

VISA WAHALA

The US Embassy in Ghana is the gift that keeps on giving! My husband's interview was on the June 22nd. He was approved,   BUT his visa is still not ready. They told us it would take 2 weeks. He went to the DHL pickup office  today(I don't know why they have outsourced this to DHL) and they said come back next week! The website to track the visa doesn't work.

How did take to receive your passport back with the visa?  We were hoping he would be here by the July 22nd for a family reunion.

Ours took about 20-21 days to arrive at DHL for collection. So be patient it will arrive. I know it is not easy but what can you do? You are almost there.

Timeline
On 7/12/2017 at 0:04 PM, Boohene102314 said:

I've written embassy twice w no response as of yet.  My senator has written also w no response.  Let us know when u hear.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dmh59 said:

I've written embassy twice w no response as of yet.  My senator has written also w no response.  Let us know when u hear.

dmh59...According my recent experience with the reaffirmed cases in Ghana, you have to just wait wait wait, because the Embassy will never respond to your letters or emails sometimes until it's time for them to schedule your interview then you will hear from them either by phone call (As they did to my wife) or by email. Ours took almost 4 good months from the date NVC shipped it to them. So patience it will come to pass by the Grace of The Almighty GOD...I wish you all safe landin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.