nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, trustG said:

Gm my vj family. @Boohene102314 why do they want ur husband to come twice on the same day for just the interview date, honestly these ppl can frustrate ppl and think they owned our lives, what if he had something else to do in the afternoon. Shame. But our God is in control, he won't brought us this far to leave us, God will see all of us through.  My husband was at the embassy on Wednesday to get some documents notarized for me, lol 😂 I told him to tell them he doesn't mind picking up our interview package 📦 too if they have it ready. lol 😂 hubby was cracking up. Sometimes we've to crack jokes to release stress.

trustG, Yes , to pick up your interview package is twice , First you go there to drop your call in letter or your name and phone number in the morning ,then they they will start preparing your interview package . Then you go back at 2 Pm to pick up the papers. They do all the packages on that wednesday after they make sure you were there. I think it's OK. This is the final part of the stress. Hahahahahaha

Timeline
6 minutes ago, nyala62 said:

trustG, Yes , to pick up your interview package is twice , First you go there to drop your call in letter or your name and phone number in the morning ,then they they will start preparing your interview package . Then you go back at 2 Pm to pick up the papers. They do all the packages on that wednesday after they make sure you were there. I think it's OK. This is the final part of the stress. Hahahahahaha

Thanks my brother Nyala62. Slowly we're getting there. Can't wait 😊. Hope all is well with u and ur family. Amen 🙏🏾 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, trustG said:

Thanks my brother Nyala62. Slowly we're getting there. Can't wait 😊. Hope all is well with u and ur family. Amen 🙏🏾 

We are fine ooooo my sister, wife is on her way now to join the rest of the family....Please pray for her. You guys are close to the finish line. Patience Patience Patience, and you all gonna smile soon. Years of waiting did not hurt so the few weeks will be more easier Insha Allah

Timeline

Congrats @REM4ALWAYS!!! So happy to hear the visa has arrived!! Woohoo! I know you want to see your hubby sooner than later, but if you can wait a bit, the airline ticket prices will start to drop late August-early September. But I DEFINITELY understand the urgency of physically being together. 

Timeline
On 7/20/2017 at 2:10 PM, Boohene102314 said:

Greetings VJ family! Today I received a letter in the mail from the US Embassy in Ghana stating that my husband can come pick up a packet on any Wednesday in order to schedule his interview.  

Fantastic!!

On 7/21/2017 at 10:17 AM, trustG said:

God bless REM4ALWAYS I'm happy for u. 

On 7/21/2017 at 10:13 AM, REM4ALWAYS said:

V I S A  R E A D Y

My husband picked up his visa today. :P Although, the blue paper says 2 weeks, it's more like 3-4 weeks The website doesn't work for updates. Thankfully, he lives in Accra. We are searching for tickets now. This is the easy part compared to the rest of this 3+ year wahala!

Keep hope alive! 

😊

Timeline
On 7/21/2017 at 11:15 AM, nyala62 said:

We are fine ooooo my sister, wife is on her way now to join the rest of the family....Please pray for her. You guys are close to the finish line. Patience Patience Patience, and you all gonna smile soon. Years of waiting did not hurt so the few weeks will be more easier Insha Allah

Insha Allah she'll reach safely my bro. Can't wait for this moment for me and my hubby. Ameen. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, trustG said:

Insha Allah she'll reach safely my bro. Can't wait for this moment for me and my hubby. Ameen. 

:dance: Hi All my VJ members and friends, I would like  to express my gratitude to The Almighty Allah for my wife's safe arrival in the US, POE Dallas. Texas. I hope every one of you will also reach this point soon. Once again I thank Almighty then all the VJ members for their help and support.:jest:

Edited by nyala62

Timeline
1 minute ago, nyala62 said:

:dance: Hi All my VJ members and friends, I would like  to express my gratitude to The Almighty Allah for my wife's safe arrival in the US, POE Dallas. Texas. I hope every one of you will also reach this point soon. Once again I thank Almighty then all the VJ members for their help and support.:jest:

Congrats ooooo my bro . We thank God. 

Timeline

So happy for you and your family!!! We will all get to the same great point soon in our journeys. It's nice to share similar experiences and witness dreams coming true.

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I'm a little worried.  I reaffirmed case was received by the embassy on April 26, but we still haven't heard anything back regarding another interview date.   It seems like people who were reaffirmed after us have been getting interview dates.  Any idea what might be happening?

case.JPG

Timeline

@Volta-Region, there does not seem to be any reason why the Embassy's processing is so slow.  I am sure you will hear something soon.  Our reaffirmed petition was returned to the Embassy early June 2017 from what I can tell. I received a letter on July 20th, 2017 dated July 5th, 2017 from the Embassy instructing my husband to pick up his appointment package on ANY Wednesday to schedule an interview for the reaffirmed petition.  It seems that the Embassy mails the letter to an office in the USA and then that office mails it to the Petitioner.  The envelope was postmarked from Washington, DC zip code and the US Embassy in Ghana showed as the return address.  Please continue to check your email also; some people get an email or regular mail.  

My husband will be going tomorrow to pick up the appointment instructions.  I will keep you updated on what's next.....Stay encouraged and be positive, everything will work out at the right time!!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boohene102314 said:

@Volta-Region, there does not seem to be any reason why the Embassy's processing is so slow.  I am sure you will hear something soon.  Our reaffirmed petition was returned to the Embassy early June 2017 from what I can tell. I received a letter on July 20th, 2017 dated July 5th, 2017 from the Embassy instructing my husband to pick up his appointment package on ANY Wednesday to schedule an interview for the reaffirmed petition.  It seems that the Embassy mails the letter to an office in the USA and then that office mails it to the Petitioner.  The envelope was postmarked from Washington, DC zip code and the US Embassy in Ghana showed as the return address.  Please continue to check your email also; some people get an email or regular mail.  

My husband will be going tomorrow to pick up the appointment instructions.  I will keep you updated on what's next.....Stay encouraged and be positive, everything will work out at the right time!!

Thanks.  But what i dont understand is how people who were reaffirmed after us are getting interview date.  I don't get it.  Every time i email them they tell me that once it is unpacked and process they will contact us. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.