nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 4/18/2017 at 9:18 PM, LadeanB said:

It is so discouraging!! My husband was denied his I130 visa back in Aug 2016 and it's been sent back to USCIS but we haven't heard anything and we don't even know why he was denied. 

My husband's was denied in September 2015.  USCIS received it March 2016.  It was reaffirmed December 2016, sent back to the embassy.  Only heard that the embassy touched his file in March 2016, and again in late April.  You are in for a painful wait, I am so sorry to have to tell you.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Happy you were reaffirmed Lutz , We haven't been to the last step waiting on reaffirm so I do not know , from what I see here in the forum it is some of same things as before. I wish you much luck but mostly Gods blessing as he will lead you , are you going to go there and wait? It may be good if they know you are there with your spouse. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 4/19/2017 at 4:15 PM, nyala62 said:

Thank God The Almighty my spouse got the interview package today from the Embassy. What kind of questions should we expect this time?

When your spouse received the call did you get any other document that allowed her to enter the embassy to obtain her interview packet? My mom got a call too but I do not know how she will enter the embassy without an appointment letter or email in order to get the interview packet.How did you manage yours?

Timeline
1 hour ago, environlady said:

When your spouse received the call did you get any other document that allowed her to enter the embassy to obtain her interview packet? My mom got a call too but I do not know how she will enter the embassy without an appointment letter or email in order to get the interview packet.How did you manage yours?

They have the list of all numbers the embassy called written down at the gate, so when your mom get there she will be asked to confirm her name and contact number. After they cross check and really the embassy called her, they will allow her in.........

Timeline
6 hours ago, jefraylee said:

They have the list of all numbers the embassy called written down at the gate, so when your mom get there she will be asked to confirm her name and contact number. After they cross check and really the embassy called her, they will allow her in.........

Yes this is the right answer .My wife went there and got into the Embassy easily with her Photo ID. It is easy if they called you to come to the embassy for your package. Good Look to all

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/10/2017 at 4:56 PM, nyala62 said:

lutz, ours was also reaffirmed in December 2016, did you receive a reaffirmation letter from NVC?....I hope we all get interview dates soon. So let us keep each other updated through this forum

Hi nyala . We received reaffirm confirmation from uscis yesterday that our case has been reaffirmed on 5/12/2017. We thank God I'm so happy and greatful to God. So what should we expect next pls. Thanks 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, trustG said:

Hi nyala . We received reaffirm confirmation from uscis yesterday that our case has been reaffirmed on 5/12/2017. We thank God I'm so happy and greatful to God. So what should we expect next pls. Thanks 

trustG, this is a good news to hear, congratulations. Is your case CR1? Now the USCIS will return the reaffirmed case to NVC, then the case will be returned to the Embassy for new and 2nd interview date. Anyway our case took about 4 months from the NVC receipt of the reaffirmed to the embassy contact. Although cases are different. but it is crazy waiting period. Once again , Congrats.

Timeline
1 hour ago, nyala62 said:

trustG, this is a good news to hear, congratulations. Is your case CR1? Now the USCIS will return the reaffirmed case to NVC, then the case will be returned to the Embassy for new and 2nd interview date. Anyway our case took about 4 months from the NVC receipt of the reaffirmed to the embassy contact. Although cases are different. but it is crazy waiting period. Once again , Congrats.

Thanks  Nyala62 and yes our case is CR1 , and we provided a lot of evidence. I really thank the almighty God for that. But uscis said they sent the case to DOS on Friday may 12, so I contact them but they said it's not showing in their system yet. So what should I do, should I wait for a notice from them or I should keep calling them. 

Timeline

Any of you guys had interview date yet or attended the interview yet?

Still waiting for NOIR

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

5 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Any of you guys had interview date yet or attended the interview yet?

Still waiting for NOIR

We just received our reaffirm on Friday. After 12 months before we receive our noir and we respond to it a week after receiving the hard copy and it takes a month for reaffirmed.  So now we're waiting for nvc

Timeline
12 minutes ago, trustG said:

We just received our reaffirm on Friday. After 12 months before we receive our noir and we respond to it a week after receiving the hard copy and it takes a month for reaffirmed.  So now we're waiting for nvc

One whole year??

USCIS got our case in March 2017 , we are hoping to get it by the end of the year.

but dang!...

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.