Leighmhe

I didn't fill up application for Employment permit with my form I-485

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Vj's

just want to have peace of mind. I entered US with fiancé visa, we got married before the 90 days and filed adjustment of status before my I 94 expires. Since my husband and I are not familiar with the process, we sent the AOS packet and didn't fill up application to employment permit or even travel parole.. just want to know if I can still apply for these without payment even if I sent already the AOS packet? And will my AOs application be affected? 

Thank ng you so much. Any response will be a good help. 

Edited by Leighmhe
Mia phrase

You can send it and no it shouldn't be effected.

What you'll want to do is fill out the EAD form and AP forms with any supporting proof they need, and then make a copy of the I-797 reciept you got back from USCIS after they recieved your AOS application. By showing them your I-797 (NOA) you won't have to pay the fee's for the EAD and AP as the fees are waived when filed with the I-485. Since you're not sending them together, having a copy of your I-797 shows you have applied for I-485.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

You can send it and no it shouldn't be effected.

What you'll want to do is fill out the EAD form and AP forms with any supporting proof they need, and then make a copy of the I-797 reciept you got back from USCIS after they recieved your AOS application. By showing them your I-797 (NOA) you won't have to pay the fee's for the EAD and AP as the fees are waived when filed with the I-485. Since you're not sending them together, having a copy of your I-797 shows you have applied for I-485.

We sent my adjustment of status last December 19 and in the tracking it says that they received it December 22. Until now I still haven't received any I-797 through mail,email or even text.. if I receive the I-797 I will send them filled out EAd and AP with I-797 copy. Did this happen to you also? And did the same way?  Thank you again for responding. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

USCIS will ask you whatever they need. Once you get the AOS. You don't need any work authorization ! Your temp GC will automatically work as one. So chill and follow the status of your App. Keep fulfilling the needs the document needs of USCIS. You will eventually get it.

20 minutes ago, Adrean&Prabhu said:

USCIS will ask you whatever they need. Once you get the AOS. You don't need any work authorization ! Your temp GC will automatically work as one. So chill and follow the status of your App. Keep fulfilling the needs the document needs of USCIS. You will eventually get it.

If she wants to work, then she can work once her EAD is approved. EAD and AP are usually approved in 90 days, GC's can take up to a year. She has full right to work while waiting for the green card with approved EAD. The "Normal" AOS packet, is AOS I-485, EAD I-765, AP I-512, this allows the person to work and leave and come back into the country if needed while waiting on the green card.

32 minutes ago, Leighmhe said:

We sent my adjustment of status last December 19 and in the tracking it says that they received it December 22. Until now I still haven't received any I-797 through mail,email or even text.. if I receive the I-797 I will send them filled out EAd and AP with I-797 copy. Did this happen to you also? And did the same way?  Thank you again for responding. 

I haven't myself, but I've seen plenty of people do it. And you will recieve a I-797 eventually, when you do make a copy of it and send it with the filled out EAD and AP.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline

Thank you so much guys for responding.. I will just wait for my I-797 and will send USCIs EAD and AP with photocopy of my I-797. You guys are a good help.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.