Jump to content

AoS from Expired F-1 Visa

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


Pardon me if this is a duplicate however I did search and couldn't find any topic that answered my questions.

I am preparing my packet and will be sending it in on January 5th (January Filers).

Anyway, my questions are;

Ten years ago I was arrested couple of times for driving while suspended and one other time for theft by receiving. My friends thought it was funny to switch my license plates and put my friend's, when I went to the court and explained to the judge he dropped the case and told me nothing will ever be on my record about the incident. I have not had any tickets since then, however last summer I was pulled over by a state patrol for speeding but he never gave me a ticket.

I have disclosed both incidents and explained what happened, my problem is when I went to the state police website to do a background, it came back with nothing as in no record and they provided me with a confirmation number.

My question is, do I call the county court and request a court record of both incidents and attach it with my application? or do i print the state police report with the confirmation number and send that with the application.

Second question, Im currently out of status came on a student visa, what do I answer where it asks Current USCIS Status?


Goodluck to everyone filing.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Typically, you will need to declare arrests and court decisions. If USCIS will need more information, they will contact you. Regarding your status, if you are really out-of-status, you also need to be honest about that and declare that you are out of status.

Also, and this is probably the most important, contact an immigration lawyer ASAP. Your case seems to have a bunch of strings attached, only a certified professional can help you determine the right path to take.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.