Zoe_Doodah

Knightsbridge medical- a few questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've got my medical for CR-1 visa on Jan 4th and I just have a couple of questions I was hoping you lovely people could help me with...

-Can I get my vaccinations done at the pharmacy instead of the GP? I only ask because the pharmacy has said they can do them but the GP hasn't yet (need to ask after the weekend, apparently) so the pharmacy would be a back-up

-If I go to my GP and ask for a "summary of medical history from GP" (as requested) will they know what I am talking about and what kind of information will it contain?

-I have diabetes type 2 and suffer from high BP, both of which I am under treatment for. Will I need additional information from my GP on these conditions to take to Knightsbridge? I'm assuming they will be mentioned in the summary?

-Also. it is highly likely I will have white coat syndrome on the day of the medical and therefore my BP may not be in the realms of what's deemed acceptable during the medical itself. As I am already being treated for high BP by my GP, is it likely I will be referred back to my GP about it by Knightsbridge?

Very grateful for any help on any of this. As you can tell, I am anxious about the medical and want to get everything I possibly can in order beforehand.

You can get your vaccinations done wherever you like but you must bring proof you've had them done. So the pharmacist will need to sign a document that you had this and that vaccine and the date.

I asked my GP for a 'brief summary of my medical condition for visa purposes' and he knew what I was talking about. Unless you are the first person who has emigrated that your GP has dealt with, he should be familiar with it. People often need similar things for insurance purposes or PI claims so doctors are used to doing these summaries. Or they should be.

- Definitely take additional information (see above about the summary) from your GP about the BP and diabetes type 2. The GP should list the medications you are taking.

- Knightsbridge don't refer you for anything. It's not that kind of medical. They are just gathering an overall summary of your general health and issues that could be a concern. They might suggest that you speak to a doctor about something that they find because that is their professional duty. But they are not going to start booking you in for diagnostic tests or anything.

I was also anxious about the medical for various reasons. I have epilepsy and am partially paralysed due to a brain haemorrhage which caused a stroke when I was 22. I was also worried about my tattoos. Nothing to worry about at all. They are looking for TB, STDs, substance and alcohol abuse, and severe mental disorders that could mean you are a danger to yourself or others.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Brilliant, thank you so much for that, extremely helpful indeed JFH. The medical seems to cause a lot of worry, I know there is nothing they haven't seen before. I don't worry about my diabetes or any other health aspect too much in my real life, I just deal with it, but so much rides on this, doesn't it? But thanks once again for your comprehensive answer, it has put my mind at rest.

By the way, by "refer", I meant refer you back to your own GP to get more info. So if I have high BP on the day, even though I am under GP care for it, are they likely to want more info from my GP?

If you bring a summary report from your GP they will be satisfied with that.

I paid £20.00 for mine. They were more concerned about an episode of depression and 'suicide ideation' I had 13 years ago than the fact that I've had a brain haemorrhage and stroke.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Thanks so much. I have a letter from my GP which seems in order. I am, however, having real trouble getting the TDaP and MMR. My GP's surgery said they won't provide them and even though the pharmacy travel clinic said they would, they have now said that they don't do those two. I've had the other immunisations I need so I guess I will be getting those two done at the medical.

Funnily enough, you can get both in the Walgreens near where I was until Friday in the US for 2.5 months ?

Thanks so much. I have a letter from my GP which seems in order. I am, however, having real trouble getting the TDaP and MMR. My GP's surgery said they won't provide them and even though the pharmacy travel clinic said they would, they have now said that they don't do those two. I've had the other immunisations I need so I guess I will be getting those two done at the medical.

Funnily enough, you can get both in the Walgreens near where I was until Friday in the US for 2.5 months ?

Have you tried Boots or Tesco pharmacy they both do immunization?

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.