Jump to content

Should I Get an ITIN for Spouse?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

HI... Was just wondering if anyone thinks it is beneficial to get an ITIN number? Our 485/130 etc. packet is being mailed out today. I read if a social security number will be possible in the future it is not recommended to get an ITIN number. If I am correct, with an EAD card, a social security number can be issued. I know it's very important to do out taxes together to have as "evidence" during the marriage interview.

If so, does anyone know the process of getting an ITIN number? I read online a certified copy of a passport is necessary and if I am correct, the application gets attached to the tax forms for that year.

Thanks so much for any info!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband went to our American embassy and got certified copy cost 30$ and he took the firms , itin and tax documents signed while there and a firm for me to be able to sign tax forms in future for him IRS publication I'm not sure the firm number but for power of attorney on tax purpose only

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.