Mmagic

K1 Medical Exam in process for Singapore

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

This is an update for anyone applying at the US Embassy Singapore. The Embassy is tough when it comes to Medical Exam/tests and all must be cleared prior to issuing the VISA. This is the case we are facing right now. One of the X-Rays images showed a small hazy area on the upper lung for my Fiance. She was referred by the clinic to the authorized hospital for follow up and tests. All blood tests came back negative, the hazy part in the lungs is due to cold or/and asthma in the past. They are performing blood culture and it been three weeks as of today. The doctor at the hospital told her even though he is sure she if medically fit and no issues, they still have to follow procedures required by the embassy. He told her that he is sure all results will be negative and for her to pick up the report on the 15th of December and the clinic will hand deliver it to the Embassy and the Embassy will expedite the Visa.

So, if anyone applying for K1 visa in Singapore having any scar or haze in their X-Ray, prepare yourself to be sent to the hospital for follow ups and more tests. Expect at least 30 days plus.

Also, remember that you will be paying for all the extra tests that are required.

One thing I can say about all this. It is good in a way to go through all the tests and know everything is just fine. It might be stressful for some, but waiting and finding out the fiance is healthy is a good thing.

Edited by Mmagic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the info Mmagic. I had asthma since childhood but always shows clear on xrays at least now I know and can prepare for any possibilities. Just like your fiancee clinic didn't call me for any issues. Interview is coming soon so I'll hope for the best.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Timeline

Thanks for the info Mmagic. I had asthma since childhood but always shows clear on xrays at least now I know and can prepare for any possibilities. Just like your fiancee clinic didn't call me for any issues. Interview is coming soon so I'll hope for the best.

I hope all is well for you. The clinic in SG is really slow when it comes to follow-ups. I did not know about all this until I emailed the Embassy to be told they are waiting for the medical report from the clinic and this was 20 days later after the interview when we thought the delays was for the CENOMAR. My fiance went to the clinic and asked them what Medical report the embassy is talking about since they did not contact her. First, they told her about the spine issue which was taking care of and they told her they will send the report to the Embassy. Then the Doctor from the clinic callers her telling her about this other issue with the haze in one of the X-Rays.

I suggest for anyone facing delays to contact the embassy by email to find out why. If it has anything to do with medical, then contact the clinic to get answers since they are overwhelmed with medical cases like this and really slow to follow up with applicants on what is going on unless you keep on top of it...If your X-Rays are clear then you have nothing to worry about. I think their main concern is TB even though the skin test and blood tests were negative, still, the embassy requires a full medical report on the hazy X-RAY and if there are any treatment required. As I mentioned, the Doctor told her this is normal procedures they have to follow even though he is positive that all tests will be normal, this is why he told her to pick up the report on the 15th. in which the culture test will be completed. If she needed treatment for anything he would not have told her that. But from experience the Doctor is sure tests will be fine.

I just want other people applying and facing something like what we have experienced not to get discouraged.

Timeline

Just want to clarify. The issues raised in your medical prior to interview or was it after? I remember you had a limited time to do the medical and went ahead with the interview. I have assumed mine was ok because they never call me for any extra test and when I call to follow up results they only said that it has been mailed to me and as well as to the embassy.

What I received was just a white sheet vaccination record indicates A- not age appropriate for some vaccines. Not telling even what was the outcome of the medical itself. Not much of thread here for Singapore medical all I remember the staff told me before I leave that if its all good they wont hear from me. Hope your fiancee visa get issued soon.

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Interview Process:

Timeline

I think you should be fine. If there was any issue with your medical you would have heard from them by now...If you want to be sure, just call the clinic and confirm everything fine and no requests from the Embassy.

In our case, my fiance received packet 4 I believe around September 19th and her interview was for September 28th (only 9 days gap in between, not enough since the medical takes around 10 days to be delivered.) At the interview, the consular told her not to worry about the medical they will have it, but they needed a copy of CENOMAR to be sent directly to the embassy from the Philippines. So all this time we were worried about the CENOMAR that took more than three weeks to be delivered to the embassy. We did not know that the embassy already sent the CLINIC on OCTOBER 20th requesting more clarification about the X-RAY. We did not know about the Embassy requesting this until the middle of November after I emailed the embassy asking what is keeping our case on AP? They replied they received the CENOMAR but still waiting on a medical report from the clinic. This is when my fiance went to the clinic and they told her about what is going on. There were almost three weeks between the time the embassy sent to request on the 20th of October and us finding out about it. For three weeks the clinic did not inform us at all if it was not for my fiance finding out, that was really bad in their part.

There were two issues with her X-RAYS. One it has to do with her spine and that was with the spine (cervical convex) they took another X-RAY and they prepared the medical report to be sent to the embassy. Then my fiance found out that the report was not sent yet, so she inquired about it and they told her it will be sent no to worry. The second day she received a call from the doctor telling her to come to the office. They told her about this second issue with the hazy image on the X-Ray and what need to be done. lol....I have to say the clinic screwed up big times, bad communications and relaying information or keeping up with the applicant. The visa could have been issued by now if it was not for the clinic and their slow inefficient process.

We know it's just a matter of time now, as I mentioned, comes the 15th or 16th next Friday the report will be delivered to the Embassy. She called the clinic to find out if there is going to be any more surprised regarding the medical, they told her "no" once they have the report from the hospital it will be a hand delivered same day. She will hand carry the report from the hospital to the clinic as she was told by the Doctor at the hospital. The clinic will hand deliver it the same day and be expedited.

Will keep you posted...She was told the visa will be issued in two days once they received the report. Hope I can fly to the Philippines before Xmas and meet there then fly back together after a month or so.

Long story but hope it can help someone understand the process in SG.

Timeline

Thank you so much. I'll try to check with them if all is well. its been almost a month since my medical and they have sent it last November 25th. I haven't heard any either the consulate and the clinic since then.

I have tried messaging the consulate to verify the receipt of my Cenomar but they have told me its not in their policy to acknowledge the receipt of documents. I hope all is well with mine. Guess I have to wait until interview to know if that is the case.

Hope you can get a vacation and spend Christmas in the Philippines it is sure to be fun :)

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Interview Process:

Timeline

Thank you so much. I'll try to check with them if all is well. its been almost a month since my medical and they have sent it last November 25th. I haven't heard any either the consulate and the clinic since then.

I have tried messaging the consulate to verify the receipt of my Cenomar but they have told me its not in their policy to acknowledge the receipt of documents. I hope all is well with mine. Guess I have to wait until interview to know if that is the case.

Hope you can get a vacation and spend Christmas in the Philippines it is sure to be fun :)

How did you order the Cenomar to be delivered? FedEx or Phil post? if FedEx, you can check with the tracking number. If you ordered it using Phil post, then the tracking number they gave you, track it on Singpost not PhilPost , that is where it will show if it was delivered and when.

Also, have you been checking on CEAC? Every time they touch your case the date will change. This will give you an idea that they either received a document or entered information in your file.

You will be fine.

Timeline

Yes I've been checking CEAC last touched was November 17 no changes since then just READY. I received a dispatch notice from Ecensus but no tracking number just the reference number for the CENOMAR. Its Philpost, since I requested it early Oct. 24 dispatch. If the medical was delivered by Nov. 17 then I would assume they have all they need from me but as per clinic when I called last Nov.25th, said they have sent it 3 days prior.

I look forward to receive any type of mail at least from the consulate to confirm or remind me of my appointment. Did you guys get any?

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Interview Process:

Timeline

Yes I've been checking CEAC last touched was November 17 no changes since then just READY. I received a dispatch notice from Ecensus but no tracking number just the reference number for the CENOMAR. Its Philpost, since I requested it early Oct. 24 dispatch. If the medical was delivered by Nov. 17 then I would assume they have all they need from me but as per clinic when I called last Nov.25th, said they have sent it 3 days prior.

I look forward to receive any type of mail at least from the consulate to confirm or remind me of my appointment. Did you guys get any?

Am sure they received both Medical Tests and Cenomar. No, she did not receive email or reminder of the Interview. You guys should be fine. Just be sure you have all original and copies of all documents with you.

Timeline

UPDATE: My fiance went to the Hospital again, they did another X-Ray and it was clear, no haze. The blood culture results were ll negative, the Doctor told her the haze was caused by water, dust or soil but its clear. She was given the report to take to the Clinic. But guess what, the doctor at the clinic who suppose to sign off on the paperwork and the reports prior to sending them off to the embassy, she went to China on vacation until the 28th of December.

My question now is what kind of Medical Clinic associated with the embassy does not have a backup Doctor to sign off the papers? Is this some kind of a joke or what? What kind of idiots the is embassy is contracting to do and complete the medical exams and follow procedures. We have no problem of waiting for another week or two, but this is unacceptable to go through two months of waiting to find out a stupid Doctor on vacation and no one else to take her place. When I am done with all this, I am going to write a nasty letter to both clinic and the embassy for all the stress and grieve they caused not only us but other applicants that are going through the same thing.

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.