Buzz15

I-864 and I-131 Questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

I have a some questions regarding the above forms. FYI, my fiancee will be arriving on the K-1 Visa and will be unemployed.

I-864

Background info: I earn significantly higher than the 125% poverty line requirement and would prefer not to have to chase down more than I have to. However, I would never want to deal with requests for additional backup or be delayed.

1. Although 2 and 3 year old tax returns and financial asset documentation are "optional" , do people recommend I submit this anyways?

2. I have read that I should also include 6 months worth of paystubs and a letter from my employer confirming my status. Do you feel this is necessary?

I-131

1. If we were to file the I-485 and I-131 simultaneously, what would we use to satisfy the USCIS adjustment of status application receipt requirement? (see first attachment highlighted yellow)

2. For the Part 4 section asking for info about proposed travel, do I just put the purpose as being for a few week honeymoon vacation and the countries we plan on going to during the trip or do I need to be more detailed? (see second attachment)

3. Are there two separate biometrics appointments + fees for both the I-485 and I-131 or can they be done simultaneously at a single time? Do we need to write separate checks for each?

Thank you so much in advance. This forum has really helped us navigate the bureaucratic nightmare that is US immigration.

post-241044-0-59689900-1480968101_thumb.png

post-241044-0-03843600-1480969079_thumb.png

Timeline

1. Although 2 and 3 year old tax returns and financial asset documentation are "optional" , do people recommend I submit this anyways?

I did send last 3 years

2. I have read that I should also include 6 months worth of paystubs and a letter from my employer confirming my status. Do you feel this is necessary?

I did not send any of these. No questions were asked, so far, and wife had her biometrics done

I-131

1. If we were to file the I-485 and I-131 simultaneously, what would we use to satisfy the USCIS adjustment of status application receipt requirement? (see first attachment highlighted yellow)

read guides. everything is there http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

2. For the Part 4 section asking for info about proposed travel, do I just put the purpose as being for a few week honeymoon vacation and the countries we plan on going to during the trip or do I need to be more detailed? (see second attachment)

I left it empty

3. Are there two separate biometrics appointments + fees for both the I-485 and I-131 or can they be done simultaneously at a single time? Do we need to write separate checks for each?

No. You pay $1070 for everything if forms are sent together

Thank you so much in advance. This forum has really helped us navigate the bureaucratic nightmare that is US immigration.

I cleaned My Timeline. Hope nobody minds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

For the I-864, you only need to submit the most recent tax transcript or complete copy of return. And yes, you need to provide proof of the current annual income amount via recent pay stubs or letter from employer. They tend to send an RFE for that documentation if not included to begin with.

For the I-131, an adjustment applicant does not fill out Part 4 stating a reason and purpose of their travels, and you do not need to supply an extra statement. No reason or explanation is needed at all.

At the bottom of page of 2 it states this : If you are applying for a non-DACA related Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7.

There is no biometric fee for AP. Your biometrics appointment letter will state the case numbers for your I-485 and I-765 only. The biometrics fee is provided with the I-485. No fees at all for the I-131 and I-765. They are waived when filed with a pending I-485.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

A few other questions...

There is an optional section on the I-864 about claiming assets. If I definitely exceed the 125% threshold for income, would you recommend I disclose this asset information anyway?

If so, how many asset backup documents should I provide? Is there an order of priority for say investment portfolio, house deed etc..?

Thank you.

A few other questions...

There is an optional section on the I-864 about claiming assets. If I definitely exceed the 125% threshold for income, would you recommend I disclose this asset information anyway?

If so, how many asset backup documents should I provide? Is there an order of priority for say investment portfolio, house deed etc..?

Thank you.

Skip the asset section if your income exceeds the poverty guideline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.