Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jasmine0803 said:

Finally got updated yesterday...But still don't know when the interview date will be until receive the letter from USCIS

I751 December 2016: Got transferred to NBC on May3. Even now nothing is changed!

N400 December 2017: Scheduled an interview on Jun27

Is that mean even if I pass the N400 interview and I still have to wait until I751 get approval? Or is this an combined interview? According to the email, it totally didn't mention about I751, N400 only. Is that possible they approved my I751 already and interview my N400 directly? 

Congrats on your update! May I ask which date in Dec 2017 you filed for N 400? And which is your local office?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

hello everybody,

congratulations for everyone got approved and best of luck for who's still waiting.

i'm about to lose my mind, today I received a RFE letter asking for more doc. I need your help please because I don't know what to do.

the following below are what I sent already:

·         A check of 590$ for I-751 and Biometric Fee.

·         Form I-751.

·         2  pictures.

·         Copy of USCIS Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card).

·         Copy of ID and driving license card for both of us shows same address which living together.

·         Copy of the joint income tax statement for 2015 (2016 NOT wasn't filed that time).

·         Copy of joint bank statements.

·         Copies of our health insurance cards verifying a joint policy.

·         Copies of joint electric bills and internet bills.

·         Three sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our marriage and continuing relationship.

·         Copies of our airline tickets and reservations of our vacation to Sir Lanka in March 2015 including our visas.

·         Copy of airline ticket when we came to the USA.

·         Pictures of our vacation to Tampa, Florida in November 2015.

·         Letter from wife’s doctor verifying her pregnancy and due date.

My questions,

What can I send besides these 4 options (please correct me if I'm going to send wrong documents). 

1. My son's birth certificate. 
  2. Joint income tax return for 2016 & 2017
  3. My wife is pregnant now, I'm going to as her doctor to write approve of pregnancy. 
  4. Joint homeowner insurance for last 2 years. 

Now, for shared responsibility for a common residence such as leases or mortgage, i paid off my house 3 months ago, and when I bought it my wife wasn't even in the USA so her name never mentioned as ownership besides the homeowner insurance.

What else can I send?

Thank you all in advance

RFE 1.jpg

RFE 2.JPG

14 hours ago, Oaltawel said:

hello everybody,

congratulations for everyone got approved and best of luck for who's still waiting.

i'm about to lose my mind, today I received a RFE letter asking for more doc. I need your help please because I don't know what to do.

·         Form I-751.

·         2  pictures.

·         Copy of ID and driving license card for both of us shows same address which living together.

·         Copy of the joint income tax statement for 2015 (2016 NOT wasn't filed that time).

·         Three sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our marriage and continuing relationship.

·         Copies of our airline tickets and reservations of our vacation to Sir Lanka in March 2015 including our visas.

My questions,

What can I send besides these 4 options (please correct me if I'm going to send wrong documents). 

3. My wife is pregnant now, I'm going to as her doctor to write approve of pregnancy. 

Now, for shared responsibility for a common residence such as leases or mortgage, i paid off my house 3 months ago, and when I bought it my wife wasn't even in the USA so her name never mentioned as ownership besides the homeowner insurance.

What else can I send?

Thank you all in advance

RFE 1.jpg

RFE 2.JPG

Are you going to get a will or poa created for this request?

14 hours ago, Oaltawel said:

hello everybody,

·         Form I-751.

·         2  pictures.

My questions,

What else can I send?

Thank you all in advance

RFE 1.jpg

RFE 2.JPG

I got basically the same RFE. But the lawyer that I spoke with told me that they want to see ALL details of years from 2015-2017 or up until you submitted. I’m talking line by line bank statements, all 3 years tax returns with w2s. Time line of pictures from 2015 tll now. 

He said most people don’t have POA or Will so it’s an option not a necessity. 

22 hours ago, Oaltawel said:

hello everybody,

·         Form I-751.

·         2  pictures.

My questions,

What else can I send?

Thank you all in advance

RFE 1.jpg

RFE 2.JPG

You can add your wife"s name to the deed of the house. This is what my husband did. We just had to fill out a form, get it witnessed and send it in. There may be tax implications though. https://www.wikihow.com/Add-a-Spouse-to-a-Deed

USPS looks like is ruining out process again(yes really, they forgot to delivery our interview mail during AOS and we got to the point where we got a denial mail).

I was provided a tracking number for my mailed card which it says sent 6/26 and originally the tracking said I would receive by 6/28. However, it is 6/29 and now the tracking doesn't give any estimated delivery date and just says "transit to next facility." Nothing in the mail.

Anyone had this? Based on the sending location (KY) and my address (CA), this should be received in 2 days through priority mail but it is the 3rd day and nothing. Anyone having this issue? 

I read on other websites that if they lost the mail and never gets delivered, I gotta pay filing fee (~$500) and wait another 6 months( yeah right, probably like 1 yr)

Edited by johnxkrn

@Oaltawel get TAX Transcripts and account summaries for past 2 years at IRS. More bank statements, bills ( After the day you filed  for roc), you don’t have to add your spouse to deed- unless you would do this regardless of RFE. A cover letter with explanation that you purchased house before you even met would serve the purpose. Does she order online? Like amazon with her name and your address, letters, correspondence.  Check with doctors office is your have each other as emergency contact, get a copy of patient record. Moral of the story: send whatever you can, and explain whatever you don’t in cover letter and I’m sure you’ll be approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On June 28, 2018 at 4:51 PM, Oaltawel said:

hello everybody,

·         Form I-751.

·         2  pictures.

My questions,

What else can I send?

Thank you all in advance

RFE 1.jpg

RFE 2.JPG

Hi, please post the third page of the letter you received so we can post our complete remarks, until then, just focus on the letter of REF  VERY SERIOUSLY as this IS THE LAST CHANCE TO SUBMIT THE  documents they want,, like your all marriage documents, birth certificate of your baby born in USA and the financial ties with your spouse in USA. TILL  THAT TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR PAPER WORK AND post THE LAST PAGE OF YOUR REF you received. GOOD LUCK.

Timeline
1 hour ago, meandmine said:

Hi, please post the third page of the letter you received so we can post our complete remarks, until then, just focus on the letter of REF  VERY SERIOUSLY as this IS THE LAST CHANCE TO SUBMIT THE  documents they want,, like your all marriage documents, birth certificate of your baby born in USA and the financial ties with your spouse in USA. TILL  THAT TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR PAPER WORK AND post THE LAST PAGE OF YOUR REF you received. GOOD LUCK.

Oaltawel , you can make a new Deed for ownership of your house , (I think that is your primary residence) in this Deed you can add the name of your spouse then submit this document to them as a proof of joint ownership of you and your spouse for your primary residence.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, meandmine said:

Oaltawel , you can make a new Deed for ownership of your house , (I think that is your primary residence) in this Deed you can add the name of your spouse then submit this document to them as a proof of joint ownership of you and your spouse for your primary residence.

Tax transcripts for the yeses not submitted earlier, not tax returns, birth certificate of a birth, new joint house Deed are better additions to the package. Pregnancy certificate is not valuable compare to a live delivery. Good luck.

I know this is a silly question, but I am wondering, if you receive an RFE, does that mean that all the other paperwork you have submitted is good & the only thing missing is the documents they are asking for. 

Or does it mean that once they get the documents they are asking for, then they look at your case and determine if it qualifies for a removal of conditions?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Val2014 said:

I know this is a silly question, but I am wondering, if you receive an RFE, does that mean that all the other paperwork you have submitted is good & the only thing missing is the documents they are asking for. 

Or does it mean that once they get the documents they are asking for, then they look at your case and determine if it qualifies for a removal of conditions?

Hi, My understanding about RFE is that they want to refresh our folders with updated information from our end before they revisit our file and review it to make their final decision about our case.RFE does not mean that the papers previously received by them  are accepted as "good to go".. Actually the final review will be started once the response of the RFE is received by them. Let's see if some other more informative remarks will shine up more sides of this issue.

Timeline
On June 24, 2018 at 4:49 PM, Marloon said:

I don’t think you can appeal from outside of US, so that’s why it’s so hard for me to go about my travel plans. Stamp is valid for a few months to come, I’m just super worried what happens if denial happens while I’m away. This is what 18 months of silence does to you... :( 

If I were you, I will wait the approval of my case before traveling abroad because it will be extremely critical with all kind of difficulties  to handle that situation if the denial letter will be issued and I m not here in USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.