Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

After getting my weekly update email today I decided to go online and check my status. Apparently my conditions have been removed and my card is in the mail!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting—not long now!! 

1 hour ago, K1 visa applicant said:

After getting my weekly update email today I decided to go online and check my status. Apparently my conditions have been removed and my card is in the mail!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting—not long now!! 

Whats your timeline?

did you apply for N400?

where you transferred to NBC?

congrats. 

On 5/25/2018 at 3:42 PM, TJandKC said:

Hi guys, December filer here

Havent posted on VJ for a long long time but decided to check what was going on today with my case status.

I've been checking on the normal mycasestatus with one of the receipt numbers that was on my biometric letter, since that was the only one that worked for a while, however while reading through the december filers thread I decided to give my NOA1 case number a go and it showed that 

And then reading even more through the december filers thread I found the DHS page where you can check your case number, and low and behold, this page shows that my case was approved on May 23rd, and that my card was being produced on May 22nd. The weird part is that on the case history on the DHS page it says that "We corrected the your name for your case", however I never submitted any name change stuff, so I wonder what thats all about

TJANDKC...........................12/03/16........12/07/16.....01/15/17....05/23/18 || No N400

congrats! which dhs page were you able to find the case status on? i'm not able to find the dhs link you're referring to. thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
2 hours ago, midsummernight said:

congrats! which dhs page were you able to find the case status on? i'm not able to find the dhs link you're referring to. thanks!

Hi!

Use this link and create a new user:

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

January 2nd 2011 - We met in Hawaii!
August 9th 2013 - Engaged!
November 1st 2013 - Married!
-----------------------------------------------
USCIS
December 16th 2013 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy, Priority date December 9th
September 24th 2014 - NOA2 Email/USCIS Notification!
September 26th 2014 - Shipping confirmation to DOS/NVC
-----------------------------------------------
NVC
October 2nd 2014 - Case received at NVC
October 20th 2014 - NVC Welcome email received/IIN and Case# Received/DS-261 Completed (Petitioner selected as Agent)
October 22th 2014 - AOS Bill invoiced/paid
October 24th 2014 - AOS Bill shows paid
November 4th 2014 - AOS/IV Package delivered to NVC (According to USPS)
November 5th 2014 - IV Bill invoiced/paid
November 7th 2014 - IV Bill shows paid
November 7th 2014 - DS260 Available/Completed
November 7th 2014 - NVC Received AOS/IV Package - 60 day wait begin!
January 2nd 2015 - Case closed
January 16th 2015 - Interview letter (P4)
January 30th 2015 - Medical (Approved)
----------------------------------------------
February 24th 2015 - Interview! : APPROVED! (Review in timeline)
March 5th 2015 - Visa received, POE Fee paid.
March 7th 2015 - POE Portland, OR. (Review in timeline)
----------------------------------------------
April 15th - USCIS Case number shows: Card is being produced (Case number from ELIS fee portal)
May 15th - Card not yet received, call USCIS and put in service request.
June 15th - Card still not received, call USCIS and put in another request.
June 17th - ELIS portal shows case re-opened, card being produced. Changed to Card Sent with USPS tracking number
June 18th - Card received!

ApplyingforN400 (sorry, I'm not on here often so i don't know how to reply directly to your post). 

I was processed at California (but did have that online notice that my case would be transferred to a local office, but after reading here didn't feel that was something to note). 

I-751 Receipt notice is dated 12/08/2016

ASC appt notice was dated 12/24/2016

Biometrics appt was 01/10/2017

'Sending my card' update was 05/22/2018

No N400 application

(im not sure what NBC is... but i can't see any info about it on my timeline). 

Application number starts with WAC17069

Congratulations to all of the recent approvals, looks like they're moving into the 2nd week of December filers based on the approvals over the weekend

-K-1 Timeline-                                                                                         -ROC Timeline-
Visited girlfriend first time - 07/20/13                                                    Sent - 12/16/16
I-129f Filed - 08/04/13                                                                              NOA 1 - 12/19/16
NOA1 - 08/20/13                                                                                       Biometrics - 01/27/17
Visited girlfriend second time - 09/10/13 - 09/30/13                       Card Production - 6/14/18
RFE - 08/28/13 (parental consent from courthouse)                        Card in hand - 6/21/18
NOA2 - 11/05/13
Visited girlfriend third time - 11/14/13                                           -Citizenship filed Dec 13th 2018-
Case Shipped to NVC - 12/16/13                                                       Biometrics - Jan 3rd, 2018
NVC Case number - 12/26/13                                                            Interview - September 27th 2019 (Approved!)
Sent to London Embassy - 12/27/13                                                Oath - October 31st 2019 (Journey finally OVER!!)
DS - 160 Sent - 05/01/14
Readiness Form Sent - 06/01/14
Medical - 01/09/14
DS Forms & Medical Received By Embassy - 01/14/14
Interview - 02/13/14 APPROVED!!
CEAC Issued - 02/19/14
Visa in hand - 02/24/14
POE: Newark - 02/25/14
Married - 03/22-14

-AOS Timeline-
Filed - 04/16/14
NOA1 Email - 04/24/14

NOA1 Letters - 04/28/14

Biometrics Appointment - 05/19/14

RFE - 04/16/14

EAD Card Production - 07/03/14

EAD In Hand - 07/11/14

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 07/29/14

Approved! - 03/16/15 (Took Almost 11 months total)

Filed: Other Country: Norway
Timeline

I just got my card in the mail today. Could someone add my timeline to the list as well? 

CSC filer, changed address to the east coast in 2017 but it didn't change anything. 

Submitted for i-759 11/28/2016

NOA1 date 12/09/2016

fingerprint 01/25/2017

Approved notice 05/21/2018

Card received 05/29/2018 

Took 18 months total. My case number starts with WAC17070 

It looks like USCIS is moving relatively quickly these days based on the case status app. Good luck everyone! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Natonstan said:

Congratulations to all of the recent approvals, looks like they're moving into the 2nd week of December filers based on the approvals over the weekend

You should get a life and stop looking at VJ lol... I can feel your anxiety but trust me USCIS will just take its time. Go take a walk, do some work, etc. Stop thinking about this. My understanding of why USCIS is so slow is that we have legal status (as long as you have a stamp, pending = green card) so we are lower priority. There are other immigrants in this country who are facing deportation, have serious safety concerns if they go back to their country, or are talents that this country really need to grab right now, etc. Compared to them we are fine... we have legal status and everything, and we are just waiting for the card... 

While I don't appreciate being put on a low priority pile, I do understand and agree with USCIS's sense of priority. If you think about it it makes sense... 

Anyway I hope you get approved soon. Based on data, I expect your case getting processed in less than 2 weeks. Maybe end of this week or sometime next week. 

14 minutes ago, coolgchat said:

You should get a life and stop looking at VJ lol... I can feel your anxiety but trust me USCIS will just take its time. Go take a walk, do some work, etc. Stop thinking about this. My understanding of why USCIS is so slow is that we have legal status (as long as you have a stamp, pending = green card) so we are lower priority. There are other immigrants in this country who are facing deportation, have serious safety concerns if they go back to their country, or are talents that this country really need to grab right now, etc. Compared to them we are fine... we have legal status and everything, and we are just waiting for the card... 

While I don't appreciate being put on a low priority pile, I do understand and agree with USCIS's sense of priority. If you think about it it makes sense... 

Anyway I hope you get approved soon. Based on data, I expect your case getting processed in less than 2 weeks. Maybe end of this week or sometime next week. 

We dont want to think abou it, A process that takes 3 months tops taking 18 months. It Doesnt make sense. Let the man be, he is collecting Data and posting. Im sure he knows when to take a walk when he needs to. 

I751 is not low priority when all your documents are expired and you are running around with stamps and pieces of papers etc. it is absolutely not a low priority at all for quality of life.   

I could also start guessing that for many anything in the US is better quality, for some it is not. 

Relationships are never going to be equal for many people when there is a sponsoring of immigration. This is a natural human behavoir. 

There was a case where someone couldnt have a serious heart to heart relationship with his wife about wasting money. Something that can easily develop overtime when trying to deal with relationship that also requires interviews with outsiders like a baby 

Everyone has their path and their lives and their relationships and their ways of thinking. 

At the end of the day. The agency is not doing its job as it should. Let people fill their voids how they want. 

Edit: I just saw your message above that you got approved. THAT IS JUST RICH. telling someone to get a life right after posting you got your card. Telling people to think like you while sitting on the other side of the fence. absolutely rich.   

Edited by ApplyingforN400

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

We dont want to think abou it, A process that takes 3 months tops taking 18 months. It Doesnt make sense. Let the man be, he is collecting Data and posting. Im sure he knows when to take a walk when he needs to. 

I751 is not low priority when all your documents are expired and you are running around with stamps and pieces of papers etc. it is absolutely not a low priority at all for quality of life.   

I could also start guessing that for many anything in the US is better quality, for some it is not. 

Relationships are never going to be equal for many people when there is a sponsoring of immigration. This is a natural human behavoir. 

There was a case where someone couldnt have a serious heart to heart relationship with his wife about wasting money. Something that can easily develop overtime when trying to deal with relationship that also requires interviews with outsiders like a baby 

Everyone has their path and their lives and their relationships and their ways of thinking. 

At the end of the day. The agency is not doing its job as it should. Let people fill their voids how they want. 

You can get a stamp and get your other papers, it's not that hard... I think you expect too much out of this country and its government, honestly. 

Also, going through your congressperson/senator/representative will not help unless you are important enough. The normal processing time through your congressperson's office is three months. This is a democracy, it takes time, for everyone's voices heard, issues addressed, problems solved. 

In your post you display this strange sense of entitlement. Unless you one day become the head of USCIS or the US president, I do not expect it to change (and when you are that important, your perspective will change and you'll know why "The agency is not doing its job as it should. Let people fill their voids how they want. "). Like I said there are hundreds of thousands of people who are in much worse situations than us, and they are patiently waiting as well. 

If your relationship/marriage is dependent on your immigration status, maybe you shouldn't have been approved in the first place. 

Edited by coolgchat
typos

"mentality of China" hahahah 

yeah totally agreed, don't say anything if you got nothing nice to say. 

just quit the forum since you got what you wished for and leave others alone

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline

It's easy said than done. Immigration anywhere at any level is stressful and it gets to you. This is how it works and in this VJ community, we are here to listen to each other and help each other in the best possible manner. Have a wonderful summer everyone and I am sending positive vibes to all of you, best wishes. 

6 hours ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Edit: I just saw your message above that you got approved. THAT IS JUST RICH. telling someone to get a life right after posting you got your card. Telling people to think like you while sitting on the other side of the fence. absolutely rich.   

I root for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.