ZoeUK1989

Medical paperwork? Please help

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

Just a quick question if anyone can help me...

Had my medical today and all I left with was a form that looks like a vaccine record created by them. Do I not need a copy of things like my x-ray or anything to take to my interview in London? They said it gets sent to them but do I not need a copy of it for AOS or even the POE?

Has someone done this recently at london that could possibly advise?

TIA :)

Hi all,

Just a quick question if anyone can help me...

Had my medical today and all I left with was a form that looks like a vaccine record created by them. Do I not need a copy of things like my x-ray or anything to take to my interview in London? They said it gets sent to them but do I not need a copy of it for AOS or even the POE?

Has someone done this recently at london that could possibly advise?

TIA :)

You will need the DS3025 for your adjustment of status, so keep a few copies around of that. You will get your xray cd, but it's not of much use to you or anyone else. It's more like a fun souvenir. The medical stuff will already be in the officer's hands during the interview.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

Is the DS3025 the form they have me that has my vaccines on then? Sorry I just didn't notice a number on there. I also didn't get a CD with my x ray as literally the only thing I got was the form mentioned in the OP. I like x rays especially when they are mine lol so I don't mind it as a momento of my day ;)

I will definitely do several copies of it and email myself the scanned in copy.

Is the DS3025 the form they have me that has my vaccines on then? Sorry I just didn't notice a number on there. I also didn't get a CD with my x ray as literally the only thing I got was the form mentioned in the OP. I like x rays especially when they are mine lol so I don't mind it as a momento of my day ;)

I will definitely do several copies of it and email myself the scanned in copy.

Interviewer will give you the xray. :) The DS3025 is indeed your vaccination sheet, but as you posted in the other thread you did not get all your vaccination before or during Knightsbridge and you will get it after? Keep your DS3025 for sure, but make sure any additional vaccines you receive you have proof of. Bring all this stuff stateside. The US Civil Surgeon will have to transcribe all this onto the I-693.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

Timeline

Yes I was going to get it done at my doctors surgery but didn't know I needed to have this transcribed. It's not like I can even have it at knightbridge now as I don't live anywhere near it

Timeline

Yes I was going to get it done at my doctors surgery but didn't know I needed to have this transcribed. It's not like I can even have it at knightbridge now as I don't live anywhere near it

I'm going to respond to this here instead of in the other thread if you don't mind, just to ease up confusion.

Unfortunately this happens to people too many times at London. The rules are clear, and Knightsbridge has a problem with giving people immigration advise when they have no business doing so. They also have a problem with fobbing people off and not giving them vaccinations.

So here's the deal: As you know you need some vaccinations. But what is not so commonly known is that you don't need them to obtain the K1 visa. That's right. You could get none of those vaccines, and still get your K1 visa so long as you pass your medical exam. BUT what Knightsbridge won't tell you is that once you marry and go to adjust your status, the USCIS will want you to have those vaccinations and will want to see proof of it. And any vaccination you receive AFTER going to Knightsbridge won't mean a hill of beans to the USCIS if it's not made official on a form. Since you are going to get a vaccine from your GP after your Knightsbridge visit, it will not be represented on your DS3025 or included in your medical results. Remember those medical results will not only be available at your embassy interview, but you will present it in the do not open envelop at the POE. From the POE it will be taken to whatever special place the USCIS sends it, and your IO that reviews your immigration case for AOS will look at this information too.

For a long time on this forum it's been advised that the foreign fiancé receive any vaccinations needed BEFORE Knightsbridge or DURING Knightsbridge. The advantage here is 100% for cost reasons. You can obtain them at your GP or Boots for typically far less than Knightsbridge would charge.

So if you have received everything beforehand, you will have a complete DS3025 instead of an incomplete one. You would include this in your AOS application. Typically this should save a person from having an RFE or going to visit a US Civil Surgeon so long as the following happens: the IO understands the rules for a K1, Knightsbridge has filled the DS3025 out correctly, you obtained all the shots required and Knightsbridge has this reflected on the DS3025, they have not lost or misplaced your documents.

However, since you did not get all your shots before your visit to Knightsbridge you will now have to go see a US Civil Surgeon after your marriage and when you go to file AOS. It can be a struggle to find one willing to do a vaccine transcription only or that will do it for an affordable price. Insurance does not cover any cost for it. You will take the DS3025, and any proof that you have of getting your remaining vaccinations in the UK after Knightsbridge, and fill in a few pages (NOT all of them) of an I-693. You'll fill in some info (as per the instructions for K1s), and the US CS will do the rest. They will seal the envelope and mark it. You would send this in with your AOS.

The USCIS has a list of US Civil Surgeons in every state. However this doesn't help a person figure out if the US CS knows what they are doing. There is a list on VJ that users have compiled of those willing to do vaccination transcriptions only. When you reach that point, take a look.. for now there's not much else you can do but get your vaccination and make sure you have proof. I hope this helps a bit to understand the confusion. Knightsbridge does this nonsense all the time, and the government doesn't explain this requirement very well I know.

Timeline

Thank you for the response...

Vaccinations were the annoying thing regarding the medical. I had the list of vaccinations required and called my doctor to confirm what i had or hadn't had.

The Tetanus i had received the booster in 2005 and they told me it lasted for life and i didn't need another one (doesn't appear that the process has any clear indication on when your last one should have been) It just said you were required to have it.

So on that one as far as i was aware i was good, I had the original one and then received the booster some time after.

The other one was the MMR, I received this vaccine when i was a baby but when it came to the booster they had only given me the MR vaccine (meaning i had only received one shot of the Mumps vaccine. I knew that i didn't need them for the K1 was and she had advised me that but i knew that i would need them for the AOS.

The only reason i didn't have them there was due to the fact that i only had money for my medical and nothing extra as where i was staying for the night had let me down so i had to pay for a hotel and parking.

On the price list it advised that it was £350 so i knew i didn't have the money there for these, but turned out it was £290 so i should have said actually i may be able to afford them can i have them but i didn't but i didn't realise what i pain in the back end this would be after :(

This is frustrating when you try and do everything right to later get smacked in the face with another trauma or bill.

I have found a list of CS's in Arizona and luckily they are all close so i will have to deal with this when i get there and get married. I will call round them all and find out which one will do it for me. Cost is cost i guess at this point now. The only other thing i guess i can do is see if Knightsbridge would do this when i am in London for my interview but they probably won't do it either.

So when i send for my AOS i will send the medical record from Knightsbridge which i will receive at the interview along with a separate vaccination record from the US CS?

As i am not allowed to open it i guess i will have to put something in with this to inform them that my vaccinations have been updated since that original medical check and this has been added to paperwork i have mailed?

Should this cause me any issues at the POE?

:bonk:

I would really hope that this will not cause me issues other than trying to get the vaccine records but i knowing my luck it will.

Thank you for the response...

Vaccinations were the annoying thing regarding the medical. I had the list of vaccinations required and called my doctor to confirm what i had or hadn't had.

The Tetanus i had received the booster in 2005 and they told me it lasted for life and i didn't need another one (doesn't appear that the process has any clear indication on when your last one should have been) It just said you were required to have it.

So on that one as far as i was aware i was good, I had the original one and then received the booster some time after.

The other one was the MMR, I received this vaccine when i was a baby but when it came to the booster they had only given me the MR vaccine (meaning i had only received one shot of the Mumps vaccine. I knew that i didn't need them for the K1 was and she had advised me that but i knew that i would need them for the AOS.

The only reason i didn't have them there was due to the fact that i only had money for my medical and nothing extra as where i was staying for the night had let me down so i had to pay for a hotel and parking.

On the price list it advised that it was £350 so i knew i didn't have the money there for these, but turned out it was £290 so i should have said actually i may be able to afford them can i have them but i didn't but i didn't realise what i pain in the back end this would be after :(

This is frustrating when you try and do everything right to later get smacked in the face with another trauma or bill.

I have found a list of CS's in Arizona and luckily they are all close so i will have to deal with this when i get there and get married. I will call round them all and find out which one will do it for me. Cost is cost i guess at this point now. The only other thing i guess i can do is see if Knightsbridge would do this when i am in London for my interview but they probably won't do it either.

So when i send for my AOS i will send the medical record from Knightsbridge which i will receive at the interview along with a separate vaccination record from the US CS?

As i am not allowed to open it i guess i will have to put something in with this to inform them that my vaccinations have been updated since that original medical check and this has been added to paperwork i have mailed?

Should this cause me any issues at the POE?

:bonk:

I would really hope that this will not cause me issues other than trying to get the vaccine records but i knowing my luck it will.

Tetanus is not a shot that last for life at least by American standards. Common procedure is to ask patients nowadays when their most recent tetanus shot is to make sure that it is always current and up to date.

As for Knightsbridge, once you have had your medical appointment and completed it, unfortunately you cannot return later there and obtain the shots you didn't get. Consider it... what's done is done now. When you send in your AOS, don't bother with the DS3025 in this case especially if you will be obtaining the shot you need through your GP. As explained, you'll be now needing to complete part of the I-693 form and get a US Civil Surgeon to fill out the rest. You won't be opening your POE envelope, once they take it off of you, that's done and dusted, and you can't update it or add in additional information. As I said, to obtain a K1 you don't need any shots at all, but to AOS you do. As long as you keep proof of whatever shots you have received (the DS3025 + whatever additional shots you receive from your GP) and get that information transcribed onto the I-693 with a US Civil Surgeon, and send the sealed I-693 with your AOS application - you will have fulfilled the requirements for AOS. For now don't worry about it. If you're missing shots, get them done and keep your proofs. Get your visa, get married and enjoy life with your new spouse for a while. Then when you're ready, file AOS with the I-693 vax sheet. As long as you can find a CS who will do it for you, it will take all of ten minutes to complete.

No issues at your POE. No issues at your interview. You're good, you'll just need to do some follow up work with the US CS for AOS. Nich-Nick wrote up this handy warning about shots in 2015 about this issue. It was helpful to me at the time. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541811-another-warning-k1s-get-your-shots/

Edited by yuna628

Timeline

Okay well I have read of a CS in phoenix that will apparently transcribe it (just the transcribe) for $65 it's probably more but oh well. My fault I guess I wish I had of seen Nicks post. She is so helpful the same as you are being right now :)

I am glad you pointed out my mistake and advised me otherwise I would have been none the wiser so thank you :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to UK Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.