REM4ALWAYS

CR-1 Reaffirmed What now?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The reason for the visa denial was incorrect on my NOIR. I successfully refuted their assertions that we were in a sham marriage for a visa. I received the notice that the case was reaffirmed on 10/28/2016. I would like to know what happens next? Does the petition go back through the NVC process or will it go back to the embassy? If anyone has gone through the post denial stage, please provide some insight.

Thanks.

Edited by REM4ALWAYS

Timeline

I have been advised that it goes to nvc than back to embassy.

1.Please how long did it take to get case from Ghana to uscis

2. Did you use an attorney to do rebuttal

3. Did you have to refute allot of lies or was it just a specific concern the co had

Timeline

I have been advised that it goes to nvc than back to embassy.

1.Please how long did it take to get case from Ghana to uscis

2. Did you use an attorney to do rebuttal

3. Did you have to refute allot of lies or was it just a specific concern the co had

1. My husband's interview was in June 2015. It took a very long time for my case to be returned from the Ghana embassy to USCIS. It was more than the time allowed. I got the notice to revoke in September 2016. I sent a reply on 10/11/16. I got notice it was reaffirmed on 10/28/16. I'm still waiting for it to be updated by NVC.

2. I did get help. He is not an attorney, but he does immigration cases. I gave him all of the details and the chat logs, FB chats etc

3. I had one main issue, my ex-husband. They had the timeline between my divorce from my ex and our marriage totally mixed up. I had to correction information on the timeline between my current husband and ex . Then they stated my husband didn't know my friends, family etc. The issue with that is the CO didn't ask him about my friends or family! I have friends in Ghana that I attended college with stateside and they hang out with my husband from time to time, and one of my friends had previously visited Ghana for a medical trip. He helped her get around. They had some pics together and he and my friends always converse on FB. He also chats with my brother. So I presented all of that information for disprove what they had stated. Then they asked for information to prove our relationship prior to getting married. I had all kinds of chats, email, phone logs, etc. I had over 4 years worth of documents to turn in. I also, got friends in Ghana and here to submit affidavits. I turned in 6 of them.

Edited by REM4ALWAYS

Timeline

Hello,

Congratulations on the reaffirmation.

We are also awaiting word on an NOIR and reason for my husband's denial.

How did USCIS contact you may I ask? Was it through email?

I received a text stating an update was done on my file from USCIS and then I received the NOIR in the mail a few days later.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

1. My husband's interview was in June 2015. It took a very long time for my case to be returned from the Ghana embassy to USCIS. It was more than the time allowed. I got the notice to revoke in September 2016. I sent a reply on 10/11/16. I got notice it was reaffirmed on 10/28/16. I'm still waiting for it to be updated by NVC.

2. I did get help. He is not an attorney, but he does immigration cases. I gave him all of the details and the chat logs, FB chats etc

3. I had one main issue, my ex-husband. They had the timeline between my divorce from my ex and our marriage totally mixed up. I had to correction information on the timeline between my current husband and ex . Then they stated my husband didn't know my friends, family etc. The issue with that is the CO didn't ask him about my friends or family! I have friends in Ghana that I attended college with stateside and they hang out with my husband from time to time, and one of my friends had previously visited Ghana for a medical trip. He helped her get around. They had some pics together and he and my friends always converse on FB. He also chats with my brother. So I presented all of that information for disprove what they had stated. Then they asked for information to prove our relationship prior to getting married. I had all kinds of chats, email, phone logs, etc. I had over 4 years worth of documents to turn in. I also, got friends in Ghana and here to submit affidavits. I turned in 6 of them.

Please I would like to ask did your friends in Ghana have to get the affidavits signed by a notary and if so where did they go for the notary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.