trlittle

Exiting the Philippines

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

My fiancee is a Filipina that has been living in Hong Kong for the last 18 years. She has traveled back and forth to visit her family when she is able with no problem. After she recieves her visa in HK she is thinking of going home to visit before coming here to Florida. I think I read that there is a course which is required for citizens of the Philippines to take before they leave the country. Can anyone tell me if that would apply to her(she would be there a week or two) and how easy is it to take so that you don't have a problem when you leave the country. Thanks for any help.

mailed k1 October 10,2006

noa1 October 23,2006 California Service center

touched October 25,2006

noa1 arrives in the mail October 31,2006

noa2 January 17,2007(no touches)

packet 3 recieved February 10,2007

Medical February 22,2007

packet 3 sent March 7,2007

packet 4 mailed March13, 2007

seems to be lost in the mail (it was)

packet 4 recieved March 24,2007(second one they sent)

interview April 16,2007

VISA recieved April 23,2007

arrived in Fl-May 24,2007

Married June 28, 2007

Hi! I am not sure if this is what your refering to or not but Mai had to go to a seminar. It was 1 day thing they had her do when she went to renew her passport with her new last name. It was a guidance & counseling thing by commission on filipinos over seas. I guess the dept of foreign affairs will pick up on it and require it if she goes to change her passport. She had to take supporting documents like her birth certificate to the seminar. The sticker she supposedly gets for that needs to be presented at the airport before she can leave the Phils. Sounds pretty lame to me, a good way to make money off Americans taking a spouse back to the US. I'd be curious to see what others have to say about all this.

Orimai

July 23 2006 - Sent I-130 Nebraska Service Center.                March 03,2017 - Filed I-130 petition for Alien Relative (Mother) by USC Potomac Service Center

October 16 - I-130 Approved.                                                   March 24, 2017 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action

October 25 - Received I-797

October 27 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

October 30 - I-129F received at Chicago

November 1 - Received NVC Case Number

November 25 - Received Packet from NVC

November 27 - I-129F transfered to CA Service Center

November 30 - Sent DS-3032 Back to NVC

December 26 - Received Packet Requesting AOS

January 05 2007 - Received IV Fee Bill

January 15 - Sent IV Fee Bill

January 21 - NVC Receives IV Fee Bill

January 25 - NVC Sends DS-230

January 27 - Sent I-864 Packet NVC

January 30 - NVC Receives I-864's

February 2 - I-129F Approved

February 14 - I-129F Received @ NVC

February 19 - Receive DS-230 Packet

February 21 - Sent DS-230 Back

February 23 - NVC Receives DS-230

February 26 - NVC Sends I-129F to Embassy

March 2 - Embassy Receives Case

March 8 - CR1 Case Completed

March 14 - Packet 4 Sent from Embassy (K3)

April 2 - Packet 4 (K3)

April 3 - INTERVIEW CR1 Received! web

May 9 - St. Lukes Medical

May 16 - K3 Interview Manila, requested CR1 instead, granted.

May 18 - CR1 Approved, released to Delbros

May 22 - CR1 Visa Arrives to our hotel in Manila

May 28 - POE Los Angeles

June 15 - SSN & Green Card Arrive

March 1 2010 - N-400

July 2 2010 - Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

Thanks, yep thats the one I was thinking of. My fiancee will already have her visa (K1) so she will not need to change her name or renew her passport. I wonder if she had to take the class before she went to HK even though she does not recall it. Also if she comes directly to the US will she have to take the class whenever she returns to the Philippines? I would hate to have her turned away from her flight over this in either case.

touched October 25,2006

Medical February 22,2007

interview April 16,2007

Married June 28, 2007

Thanks, yep thats the one I was thinking of. My fiancee will already have her visa (K1) so she will not need to change her name or renew her passport. I wonder if she had to take the class before she went to HK even though she does not recall it. Also if she comes directly to the US will she have to take the class whenever she returns to the Philippines? I would hate to have her turned away from her flight over this in either case.

Thats a good question, Im not sure. Mai just told me that the seminar included other countries not just the US. I'm not sure how they handle that or determine who gets what. I wish I could be more help.

Orimai

July 23 2006 - Sent I-130 Nebraska Service Center.                March 03,2017 - Filed I-130 petition for Alien Relative (Mother) by USC Potomac Service Center

October 16 - I-130 Approved.                                                   March 24, 2017 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action

October 25 - Received I-797

October 27 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

October 30 - I-129F received at Chicago

November 1 - Received NVC Case Number

November 25 - Received Packet from NVC

November 27 - I-129F transfered to CA Service Center

November 30 - Sent DS-3032 Back to NVC

December 26 - Received Packet Requesting AOS

January 05 2007 - Received IV Fee Bill

January 15 - Sent IV Fee Bill

January 21 - NVC Receives IV Fee Bill

January 25 - NVC Sends DS-230

January 27 - Sent I-864 Packet NVC

January 30 - NVC Receives I-864's

February 2 - I-129F Approved

February 14 - I-129F Received @ NVC

February 19 - Receive DS-230 Packet

February 21 - Sent DS-230 Back

February 23 - NVC Receives DS-230

February 26 - NVC Sends I-129F to Embassy

March 2 - Embassy Receives Case

March 8 - CR1 Case Completed

March 14 - Packet 4 Sent from Embassy (K3)

April 2 - Packet 4 (K3)

April 3 - INTERVIEW CR1 Received! web

May 9 - St. Lukes Medical

May 16 - K3 Interview Manila, requested CR1 instead, granted.

May 18 - CR1 Approved, released to Delbros

May 22 - CR1 Visa Arrives to our hotel in Manila

May 28 - POE Los Angeles

June 15 - SSN & Green Card Arrive

March 1 2010 - N-400

July 2 2010 - Naturalization Ceremony

I'd be curious to see what others have to say about all this.

Orimai

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When she starts to exit the airport at Manila holding a Philippine Passport WITHOUT the CFO Authorization (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) - then expect that the Airport Authorities will be seeing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ signs for their pockets.

She very likely could be taken into a room and as the clock ticks - tic,tic,tic,tic - the plane starts it's engines - tic,tic,tic.

It's not a pretty picture.

Timeline

Orimai

When she starts to exit the airport at Manila holding a Philippine Passport WITHOUT the CFO Authorization (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) - then expect that the Airport Authorities will be seeing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ signs for their pockets.

She very likely could be taken into a room and as the clock ticks - tic,tic,tic,tic - the plane starts it's engines - tic,tic,tic.

So are you saying that is only a requirement based on the type of Visa. As I said she has never had a problem traveling back and forth to Hong Kong for her employment. I know she was last home inAugust of 2005. For all I know she may already have the authorization. Do you happen to have a link where I could learn more about the CFO Authorization. Thanks

touched October 25,2006

Medical February 22,2007

interview April 16,2007

Married June 28, 2007

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Orimai

So are you saying that is only a requirement based on the type of Visa. As I said she has never had a problem traveling back and forth to Hong Kong for her employment. I know she was last home inAugust of 2005. For all I know she may already have the authorization. Do you happen to have a link where I could learn more about the CFO Authorization. Thanks

The course is required if she has a foriegn fiance or spouse.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My understanding is there is a requirement for all filipino emigrants to take sometype of class.

Here is the CFO link to research more information

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

01-21-2013 I-129F Packet Sent

01-22-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery

01-24-2013 NOA1

07-12-2013 USCIS APPROVED!!!! (Email)

-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy

Christine & Carl

Sample of K-1 Interview Packet to Assemble for Manila Interview: http://www.visajourn...back/?p=6369562

Guide on Preparing for CFO Guidance and Counseling Session in Manila: http://www.visajourn...-ready-for-cfo/

Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

Order your fiancee's CENOMAR and Birth certificates at e-census

Delivery FAQ

Payment FAQ

Online application

Order now and pay right away tomorrow.

Timeline
My understanding is there is a requirement for all filipino emigrants to take sometype of class.

Here is the CFO link to research more information

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

Thanks, thats just what we needed.

touched October 25,2006

Medical February 22,2007

interview April 16,2007

Married June 28, 2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiancee is a Filipina that has been living in Hong Kong for the last 18 years. She has traveled back and forth to visit her family when she is able with no problem. After she recieves her visa in HK she is thinking of going home to visit before coming here to Florida. I think I read that there is a course which is required for citizens of the Philippines to take before they leave the country. Can anyone tell me if that would apply to her(she would be there a week or two) and how easy is it to take so that you don't have a problem when you leave the country. Thanks for any help.

She needs to attend the "CFO" seminar. It is given in Manila and Cebu. In Manila it is given at PRISM.. When she completes the course her visa will be stamped. She will not be allowed to board the airplane until she has the stamp. There is a minimal amount of cost for this, of course. It depends on which country she is going to for the particular class she goes to. They tell her how we american husbands beat our wives and all that #######.

Good Luck,

Never mind, I missed the part where she had been living in HG for 18 years. I would still be interested to know if she now is required to do the CFO class. I would think not if she has been traveling between HK and the Philippines for the past 18 years. Keep us posted. Thanks

Edited by jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Hong Kong is a member of the ASEAN and she does not need a visa to travel to any country in the ASEAN. Since she is leaving the PI for the U.S. (assumption) the immigrations officer will be looking for the CFO certificate and stamp up on departure. However, when we departed, I do not remember the Check-in counter or immigrations; looking for or asking for the Travel Tax receipt nor the CFO. I still think the CFO is a scam by the Filipino authorities to garner money from their over seas workers and foreign spouses. Good luck, Ken & Maria

Never mind, I missed the part where she had been living in HG for 18 years. I would still be interested to know if she now is required to do the CFO class. I would think not if she has been traveling between HK and the Philippines for the past 18 years. Keep us posted. Thanks

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

My friend who worked in HK for a couple of years got her K1 visa in HK US Embassy and she decided to go back in the Philippines to see her family before coming to the US. According to her she did not take the seminar and no question ask in the immigration. Yeah, she paid a terminal fee and travel tax, but my other friend who got her K1 visa in Manila US Embassy she didn't pay the terminal fee but she still paid the travel tax!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

BTW, taking that seminar is more expensive than paying a terminal fee...hahahaha!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

She won't be laughing if held up by authorities at the Manila International Airport (NAIA) - and what??? - for saving a few $$$??

BTW, taking that seminar is more expensive than paying a terminal fee...hahahaha!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.