D&SBKK

What happens after you file i-130 through USCIS overseas office?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello!

We just filed the i-130 at the USCIS office in Bangkok, and we are wondering what will happen next.

As far as I know, they will send us an email informing of documents required for further processing (IV Packet 3).

Here comes my question:

1. Do they usually email you or call you to inform?

2. Once you receive such request for IV packet 3 document submission, how quickly do you have to send all the required documents to them?

Thank you for reading and responding to this question.

Cheers,

D&S

Last week, we were there also to file I-130. The fine Thai lady told us that we will be informed via email if the petition is approved. We signed and submit the G-1145 form (that's the e-notification form) and the email address we put in there is my hubby's so everyday, we are excited to open his mailbox.

I went the same route last year in Bangkok. Filed I-130 around April, and included that email notice form. I never got the email notification, and the official letter came to us in the mail about 1 month after filing.

After getting the response, I don't believe there is a deadline to file the next wave of papers. Its up to you. That is when you get the police certificate and hospital, etc etc.

I will tell you that we called the Thai police office HQ in Bkk and inquired about where to come to get clearance letter. Guy over phone told my wife in Thai instructions to do without going there for 1500 baht. I had seen claims of this online and wasn't sure to believe or not, but she trusted him and went that route. We had the letter in about 1 week and never went to bkk for it. Just my experience.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Hubby & I filed via DCF at the Manila consular. It took about two weeks to receive our Packet 3 from them via e-mail. I actually called them to follow up & they said it takes about two weeks.

We didn't finish our checklist of requirements in our Packet 3 until about a month later as my hubby was still in the process of getting his passport. So don't worry about rushing on getting that completed. :) All in all, if you filed via DCF, the process only took about 3 months for us, from start to visa on hand. & that's with our one month delay of waiting for hubby's passport to process. :) So sometimes, it can be faster than that.

Good luck!

My husband and I filed i130 at us embassy(different country) in aug ,his application was approved in sept ,interview in October and approved!!!

Once the nvc aboard received his application they emailed us with the next steps for applying for his visa. Warning that process took us about 3 hours they wanted to know the address and phone number of his first school (elementary) so make sure you save a lot of the application or you'll have to start over.

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.