Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


I have a couple of questions about the process involved with the I- 693. The form itself seems to repeat the questions covered when I had my medical in London. Why do I need to fill this in again?

Originally, for my medical I took my vaccination records, but did not bring them with me to the US. My parents are coming over in 2 weeks, should I ask them bring my vaccination records?

If this is the case I plan to sent the I-693 along with my completed I-131, EAD and AP.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You in the wrong forum you should have posted on the K1 Visa forum or Fiancee Forum area.

But yes if you must fill out a form and it asks some of the same questions as another form you are required to fill out, then you must answer them. When the USg creates forms it does not always take into consideration that you are filling out another form. Always answer all of the questions on a form that you are required to fill out by the USG or it will slow down the process while they send it back to you to be completed properly.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your medical was done with in the past year the I-693 is not needed. Send in a copy of the DS3025


See #11

Post belongs in AOS forum.

Edited by LionessDeon

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the help!

I am nearly finished preparing my Adjustment of Status documents. It advises under the I-693

"if you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy)."

I think I have one missing shot, which I will have to get in the US.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.