2 posts in this topic

Hi

I have just completed and sent the DS-260 form and my wife and I are in the process of collating all the required relationship evidence and other supporting documents etc. I have called and booked my required Medical appointment for the end of October also.

My question is this: What happens next in relation to the interview? Do I have to wait for confirmation that everything has been received and they issue me a letter stating I can now schedule my interview, Can I just go ahead and call the US embassy in London to book an interview or do they schedule it for me?

I know this may seen obvious to some but I cannot find any definite instructions on the process after completing the DS-260.

thanks

T

So you're at the NVC already? Have you paid the fees?

I'm not sure what you mean by relationship evidence - that all forms part of the I-130. The NVC does not need relationship evidence. They need copies of beneficiary's birth certificate, beneficiary's passport, police certificates for all countries beneficiary has lived in since age 16 and anywhere he/she has been arrested (if at all), translations of foreign language police certificates, divorce decree or death certificate of previous spouse if beneficiary was previously married, military records if beneficiary was/is in the military, prison records ifbeneficiary has ever been to prison. Plus a completed and signed I-864 and tax transcript of petitioner (and joint sponsor if you are using).

Once all that has been received and reviewed, NVC schedule the interview. We can't schedule our own interviews in London unless you are DCF.

Bearing in mind that the review of the documents can take many weeks (I'm at 5 weeks and counting), and the visa has to be used for entry within 6 months of the medical date, it's usually wise not to book the medical until you are at "case complete" at the NVC and have your interview date.

Edited by JFH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.