keissar3

sponsor

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hey , so my Fiance (the U.S citizen) lives with me in Israel, she has never file taxes or lived in the us (we traveled together in the US for a few months).

We have understood that If she want to be my sponsor she needs to work and file her tax's there..

How long does she have to work there in order that she could be my k1 visa sponsor (assuming she will find a job with 125% of poverty guideline income).

Thank you !

She doesn't need to come back and work for a certain amount of time. She just needs to file taxes. Even if her income is $0 she should file taxes for previous years. She won't owe taxes because she didn't make any income but she would have them filed. Have the taxes taken care of first then proceed with K1.

Good luck

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Timeline

There is no set minimum time. There is a subjective determination that the income is sufficient, steady, and reliable. Being on the job a short time makes steady and reliable an issue.

US citizens are taxed on worldwide income. Even though your GF has not worked in the US, she is still obligated to file US tax returns. Has she been working in Israel?

The I-864 for you requires her to provide her most recent US tax return and declare her tax filing for the 2 years before that, or provide a valid excuse was to why she was not required to file. Not working and living in the US is not a valid excuse if she has been working in Israel. If she can not provide the tax returns or does not have a valid excuse, then you will be not qualify for a visa.

Edited by Jojo92122

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Well that good to know..

But you has not really answerd my question..

If she want to be my sponsor, For how long she has to be in her new job in the usa to be able to be my sponsor?( she never worked at the usa before..

She has workd in Israel.. But she also borned in Israel and she is Israel citizen..

She is a US citizen thanks to her parents

Filed: Timeline

Well that good to know..

But you has not really answerd my question..

If she want to be my sponsor, For how long she has to be in her new job in the usa to be able to be my sponsor?( she never worked at the usa before..

She has workd in Israel.. But she also borned in Israel and she is Israel citizen..

She is a US citizen thanks to her parents

She can file on her first day of work. Being able to file does not mean that her income will be accepted for the I-864.

THERE IS NO SET MINIMUM TIME.

Edited by Jojo92122

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.