Graceful81

Chances of speaking with a supervisor...31 days post scan date

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! My husband and I received a checklist from NVC on 8/8/16 (original scan date 7/6/16). NVC requested for us to submit a police cert for Korea. In the checklist letter it advises on how to obtain a South Korean police cert, but clearly states that it is NOT available if the applicant is physically outside of Korea. I called NVC and the operator advised us that in this particular circumstance to write a letter, stating that it is unobtainable from the US; and to please close our case so that we can submit one at the consular interview abroad. It has been 31 business days since they scanned and received that letter (2nd scan date 8/16/16), which they still have not reviewed yet. I called NVC today and the operator advised to wait until the end of this week (as this is still the 6th wk) and to call back next week to check the status. The operator also suggested being placed on a supervisors review list. But I have read that it can take up to an additional 30-45 days. I have also read that speaking with a supervisor can help speed things up. Has anyone had any luck or what are the chances with an operator connecting you to a supervisor? Wishing everyone speedy case closures!! and ###### Luck!!!

Hi I'm in the same situation as you I've called nvc today and they said a supervisor would call me back and this was 7:15 this morning so I waited all day no luck so I just got done talking with them again and this so called agent says if you don't stop calling us I will put you into review and I guaranteed you will not want to be lost in the system for when it rains in hell was her response

Edited by teddy k

Oh my goodness, can't believe the agent threatened you like that! That is horrible...you would think that every conversation is being recorded for monitoring purposes. Occasionally I will get an agent who seems like they have dealt with one too many callers and will get a little snappy with responses like "look, nvc receives hundreds of paperwork a day and to be patient and just wait". So sorry, that they responded like that... How many days have you been waiting for a CC? I hope they close your case soon!! And wish you good luck! I plan on calling NVC on monday to check the status, hope its good news.

Hi my second scan date was august 20 cuz since I included my wife on my taxes they wanted me to fill out an i-864a form for her too

Edited by teddy k

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.