gustavonya

Process after interview and return visit

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone, truly wish I had known about this site prior to our interview. My husband and I have an approved case and he went for his interview in Lomé Togo last week however he didn't know to take photographs but was told to take the required documents and photocopies. After the interview and questions he answered, they kept all the documents but he was told that he needed to prove our marriage and bring supplemental information. He went and got our phone bills and pictures and cards that I sent him and brought all the documents back. He was then told that they would call him once they verified or reviewed the information. He was given a letter that said his case is being reviewed. We are confused because we thought they'd give him an answer but did not. I called the NVC and they stated it was normal because the embassy is busy and they gather the documents and review them and call them once it's complete. I asked them how long does that take and they said they couldn't tell me for sure since the embassy is busy and to contact them directly. They only take calls Mon Wed and Thurs 11:30-12:30. Has anyone ever had this issue? I sent an email and plan on calling but I am confused. He said that all went well and he's confident of the outcome but I've heard of folks having problems even though they have a bonafide marriage. He submitted 78 pictures and 30 pages of ATT bills and I've visited twice and stayed the last time 3 weeks since he didn't have much time off work. Please offer some insight please. Thank you.

Edited by gustavonya

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello,

I am going through this process now and Senegal with my husband. It is very frustrating and confusing. We email every week and check online to try and get updates and sometimes it is weeks before they respond. My husband took with him photos, bank and phone records, copies of flight tickets from me visiting and letters as well as transcripts from Facebook and Skype and they still asked from more and now we are waiting on the call for the return visit since March. All I can advise is be patient and try not to stress out too much. Believe me it is not easy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

That is quite normal, I wouldn't expect to hear anything for 2+ weeks. I they kept his passport, that is a good sign.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.