5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone. we had our interview a few weeks ago and the status for my parents went to "case under review". The IO said it had something to do with my moms fingerprints not being good enough and that he was "waiting" for an email. Fast forward, we have received my dads green card but moms is still stuck "under review" I called uscis today because we haven't been getting all of our mail for some reason,and I was worried I missed a new bio metrics letter. They "escalated" the call to tier 2, but then came back and said" tier 2 isn't taking any more calls today because they are busy" ( i called in the morning)They gave me the option of a call back in 4 or 5 business days.

The reason I need my moms green card is because I want to purchase healthcare for my parents, and I need BOTH green cards for the healthcare option we are going for, seeing as I am on the hook financially if my dad had a heart attack or something, I would REALLY like to get the healthcare thing straightened out.

Any one else experience this?

What should I do?

Thanks,

Harry

Read this:

https://e-verify.uscis.gov/esp/help/evhelppermrescardnumber.htm

You should have your Mom's alien number from all the USCIS NOA letters.

The green card number is the USCIS Receipt Number for the I-485. (At least that's true for my case).

You can verify if that is the case for your Father Green Card number, and maybe use that to infer for your Mom Green Card.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Read this:

https://e-verify.uscis.gov/esp/help/evhelppermrescardnumber.htm

You should have your Mom's alien number from all the USCIS NOA letters.

The green card number is the USCIS Receipt Number for the I-485. (At least that's true for my case).

You can verify if that is the case for your Father Green Card number, and maybe use that to infer for your Mom Green Card.

That's awesome info merry, but the state I am in is requiring an actual copy of the green card :(

Oh sorry, does getting an temporary I-551 stamp from the local USCIS office help?

https://www.healthcare.gov/immigrants/documentation/

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Oh sorry, does getting an temporary I-551 stamp from the local USCIS office help?

https://www.healthcare.gov/immigrants/documentation/

Well I think it would, but because shes not "approved" for a green card and is in "pending review" I cant get one. I wish I could actually speak to an IO but they are not taking any calls. Its crazy to me they make you basically sign away your financial health, but then prevent you from taking positive steps to take care of loved ones AND protect yourself from financial harm. By putting us in limbo like this is very dangerous.

Harry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.