Scott H

Co sponsor or not to co sponsor?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I'm filing in Manila, my fiancee and myself just got approved from NVC and sending the case to Manila.

The situation is I been laid off since March of this year, but just landed a job I haven't started yet that would make 31,000 or so a year. It would just be myself and my fiancee so seems like we'd meet the requirements needed with out a sponsor.

I plan to move to a apt soon after working again but currently live with my father and sister.

My questions are since I live with them now do I have to list them and that I do would I have to be considered to be living in a 4 person house hold even though soon I'll be moved into a apt?

Is it better to wait till I can list in the form that I live in said apt?

Far as the job.

How many pay stubs would I comfortably need to provide to consulate to convince them I provide enough money to meet the requirements?

Also last year's tax return is well over the $16,000 so should be good there.

Sorry if it's dumb questions couldn't find other topics on the forum to help.

I know co sponsors are not a game changer only may help depending on the case and manila is a stickler about co sponsors in Manila for K1's

So I'm filing in Manila, my fiancee and myself just got approved from NVC and sending the case to Manila.

The situation is I been laid off since March of this year, but just landed a job I haven't started yet that would make 31,000 or so a year. It would just be myself and my fiancee so seems like we'd meet the requirements needed with out a sponsor.

I plan to move to a apt soon after working again but currently live with my father and sister.

I SEE KNOW PROBLEM HERE.

My questions are since I live with them now do I have to list them and that I do would I have to be considered to be living in a 4 person house hold even though soon I'll be moved into a apt? NO. YOU CAN FILL OUT PAPERWORK AS THOUGH YOU ARE EITHER A ROOMATE OR YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PLACE USCIS DOESN'T CARE. IT'S ONLY WHEN YOUR PARENTS OR SOMEONE ELSE IS CLAIMING YOUR FOR TAX PURPOSES

Is it better to wait till I can list in the form that I live in said apt? SEE ABOVE.

Far as the job.

How many pay stubs would I comfortably need to provide to consulate to convince them I provide enough money to meet the requirements? 4 STUBS IS SUFFICIENT.

Also last year's tax return is well over the $16,000 so should be good there. NO PROBLEM THERE

Sorry if it's dumb questions couldn't find other topics on the forum to help.

I know co sponsors are not a game changer only may help depending on the case and manila is a stickler about co sponsors in Manila for K1's IF YOU MEET OR EXCEED THE POVERTY LEVEL THEN CO-SPONSOR IS NOT NEEDED.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information click on the link next to the twisting arrow below and you will have step by step instructions for every process.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

YW

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

My fiancée is in the US now but I know that when she went to the interview they did not even ask her about my income at all. (She did have the paperwork in case they asked). Her interview was in July of this year.

Wow did you send a I 134 support in with the 129f?

Don't get to excited about not proving your ability to support your fiancee. Even though some are not being asked it still is a requirement to have it available in the event the CO ask for it. It is contained in the Embassy Letter so don't get excited. Prepare your documents just in case or you are playing Russian roulette. Just my experience.

Here is what it states in the Embassy Letter for documents for USEM visa interview.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or

burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form may be useful to

the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You may also be

asked to submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements

(Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

Download Form I-134 at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

My fiancée is in the US now but I know that when she went to the interview they did not even ask her about my income at all. (She did have the paperwork in case they asked). Her interview was in July of this year.

Though what you have posted is true BUT you give the impression that the OP does not need to comply with the instructions from the Embassy letter in regards to the affidavit of support as evidence by the OP's follow up question. Yes he may not be asked for it, but if he were to be asked and doesn't have it, your exuberance caused him to extend his visa wait time till he can prepare the documents to satisfy the 221(g) by 2-3 weeks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

No worries I will be putting the 134 support info along with all the information to be sent with my fiancee no harm done.

I was just wondering if the form was sent in his initial 129f as I seen some may opt to send that form in at that time.

No worries I will be putting the 134 support info along with all the information to be sent with my fiancee no harm done.

I was just wondering if the form was sent in his initial 129f as I seen some may opt to send that form in at that time.

You only need it for the interview and your AOS after marriage. It is not a requirement for the 129f. Why do when do will do?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Right i don't know why they send that with the 129f I never did at that stage.

I only read on the forum here it can be sent early on but I myself doubt it be of any use till the interview glad you mentioned the AOS too good to know thanks

Thanks everyone for the help I believe I can get by with out using a sponsor at least in this step of the process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.