OthmanMaryana

Car-1 our journey

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My beloved husband finally went for hes interview on 9/9/2016... He was prepared and well organized with he's documents and knew by heart all the answers to all of the questions... He was called to the window and there , Tunisian man start asking him wearied questions like: you sure your appointment is today? On witch my husband respond "yes" and he showed his appointment letter on witch the guy asked him: where did you get this letter?, again my husband answer " from NVC".

Next he asked my husband: I need police report from Libya ( my husband worked in Libya for little while long time ago), so my husband showed him his appointment letter saying that such letter does not require to bring is not obtainable at all and we was told by our attorney that we don't need such letter. After my baby explain to him he was like: ok ... With an rude tone of voice...

Therefore a nice lady called my husband to different window and start interviewing him and the questions was very easy and very basic, my baby answer all correctly and she smiled to him and said: very good, you passed!... Then she took a red paper and start writing when to come back for visa... In that same moment the same mean and rude guy comes in with some paper in his hand... Handling to my husband and said: I need police report from Libya, then il give you visa! My husband was speechless...

How can that be possible... The law doesn't require such paper and this man demanding and making decisions without consulting with someone in charge there?! How is this possible???

I called the NVC and told them what happened... They couldn't believe it and told me that that person has no rights to behave like that...

Whoever is going to have visa interview in that embassy, I wish no one will have to deal with that rude man!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My beloved husband finally went for hes interview on 9/9/2016... He was prepared and well organized with he's documents and knew by heart all the answers to all of the questions... He was called to the window and there , Tunisian man start asking him wearied questions like: you sure your appointment is today? On witch my husband respond "yes" and he showed his appointment letter on witch the guy asked him: where did you get this letter?, again my husband answer " from NVC".

Next he asked my husband: I need police report from Libya ( my husband worked in Libya for little while long time ago), so my husband showed him his appointment letter saying that such letter does not require to bring is not obtainable at all and we was told by our attorney that we don't need such letter. After my baby explain to him he was like: ok ... With an rude tone of voice...

Therefore a nice lady called my husband to different window and start interviewing him and the questions was very easy and very basic, my baby answer all correctly and she smiled to him and said: very good, you passed!... Then she took a red paper and start writing when to come back for visa... In that same moment the same mean and rude guy comes in with some paper in his hand... Handling to my husband and said: I need police report from Libya, then il give you visa! My husband was speechless...

How can that be possible... The law doesn't require such paper and this man demanding and making decisions without consulting with someone in charge there?! How is this possible???

I called the NVC and told them what happened... They couldn't believe it and told me that that person has no rights to behave like that...

Whoever is going to have visa interview in that embassy, I wish no one will have to deal with that rude man!

Hello and welcome!

Im sorry for your unfortunate experience you and your husband. Sometimes there are behind the scene actions when it comes to immigration and no one has control over that, even the NVC has no authority over a consular official with such high level of "discretion" in hand.

I know that a lot of laws have been changed and adapted lately, and one of them requires the concerned individual to provide a police record and sometimes a court record aswell, this document should be requested from the individuals home country and every country he/she has resided for more than 6 months.

Same experience happened to me before but I resided in two countries no more than 6 months, first country 5 months and the second one 2 months. I was told I need a PR from the first country but after verification of the visas and exit/entry stamps they judged that I don't need to provide none, only my home country PR and CR.

I have also resided in the US for more than 6 months but the PR is not required in this case because the FBI takes care of it.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Timeline

Hello and welcome!

Im sorry for your unfortunate experience you and your husband. Sometimes there are behind the scene actions when it comes to immigration and no one has control over that, even the NVC has no authority over a consular official with such high level of "discretion" in hand.

I know that a lot of laws have been changed and adapted lately, and one of them requires the concerned individual to provide a police record and sometimes a court record aswell, this document should be requested from the individuals home country and every country he/she has resided for more than 6 months.

Same experience happened to me before but I resided in two countries no more than 6 months, first country 5 months and the second one 2 months. I was told I need a PR from the first country but after verification of the visas and exit/entry stamps they judged that I don't need to provide none, only my home country PR and CR.

I have also resided in the US for more than 6 months but the PR is not required in this case because the FBI takes care of it.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Timeline

Thanks a lot for this information, but you see my husband was never Libyan resident or citizen, so he did worked in Libya for 4 years but was coming home and crossing the border every 2 months go those 4 years. Therefore he went to Libyan embossy and they told him that they only give that document to residents and citizens and I managed to call Tripoli police headquarters in Libya... They told me same think. Now our attorney called NVC and USCIS and told them what happened so they were shocked because the embassy in Tunis is just a office that needs to obey the laws and rules of the United States! And unfortunately they violating the law!!! And il do anything to make sure that person will be punished!

Timeline

Thanks a lot for this information, but you see my husband was never Libyan resident or citizen, so he did worked in Libya for 4 years but was coming home and crossing the border every 2 months go those 4 years. Therefore he went to Libyan embossy and they told him that they only give that document to residents and citizens and I managed to call Tripoli police headquarters in Libya... They told me same think. Now our attorney called NVC and USCIS and told them what happened so they were shocked because the embassy in Tunis is just a office that needs to obey the laws and rules of the United States! And unfortunately they violating the law!!! And il do anything to make sure that person will be punished!

What you just explained right now is clearly self explanatory if you think. I know somebody is crossing the law at this point, but the person who requested the document is clearly trying to get your husband in some trouble. If your husband has been working in a foreign country for 4 years without a proper work visa ( in most Arab countries a work visa is a residence ) and he has no track record of employment, therefor it is seen as a clear breach to international legislations. I know it's possible to cross borders and work under a tourist visa or none and keep crossing the same border to remain legal in some sense, but some consular officials take this matter very seriously as 4 years of untraced employment is a big deal for them.

Unfortunately they don't see your husband a loyal employee but rather than a threat to the country and you have to do everything possible to either bypass the consular request or provide evidence of clean record in Libiya.

I personally resided in 4 different countries, I work as an engineer, and I am under administrative processing since 6 months. I have a clean record, PR and CR provided, my passport was kept at the consulate and I have already lived with my love for almost a year in the US. This should give you an idea on how they treat people. Every case is different, and every case is subject to high level of discretion, our future is in their hands basically.

Timeline

I get it you worked in 4 different countries, any one of them is Libya? Because if it was you would definitely understand what I'm talking about. Libya is being bombed now and nobody can even cross the border, second my husband lived right next to the border so he didn't need any passport stamps for residents and the third my husband never committed any crime any where and was never arrested.

Timeline

I get it you worked in 4 different countries, any one of them is Libya? Because if it was you would definitely understand what I'm talking about. Libya is being bombed now and nobody can even cross the border, second my husband lived right next to the border so he didn't need any passport stamps for residents and the third my husband never committed any crime any where and was never arrested.

Yes I definitely understand. Your lawyer should handle this matter, and I wish you both the best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.