Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I134 Question (Supporting evidence without tax return)

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody,

This is my first time posting here and I was hoping I could have some help on my current predicament.

For the past 10-11 years, I have been living outside of the United States because I was completing a Bachelor's degree followed by a Doctor of Medicine Degree. An additional year was utilized for my internship training- and additional time was used for the licensure board review. I have not worked during this time period, thus no income.

6 months prior to leaving for the states, I was able to do some part-time jobs as a physician (however being a in a third world country, this salary is not sufficient enough to even scratch the surface of what is required to fill in a tax return- thus was not necessary).

For the past 6 months I have been working a steady hourly job and was able to add an additional job 3 months ago wherein the combined income will definitely put me over the 125% poverty guideline. I can provide letter of employment, pay stubs, and bank statements.

I also am in the delayed entry program for the navy, which basically means I will be leaving for boot camp at the end of the year. I do have a contract stating this, would this help in the process?

The NOA2 was already approved and we are in preparations to prepar documents for the interview.

I'd just like to ask if this evidence would be sufficient enough to grant approval for a K1 visa, even though I have no income tax return? Would I require a co-sponsor?

Thank you for your help and advice.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina


co sponsor or assets, even if you lived abroad, as a USC you are required to file taxes

you will need to explain why you didn't file taxes, and also get a joint sponsor or have sufficient assets

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...