MDFLC

I134 Question (Supporting evidence without tax return)

2 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

This is my first time posting here and I was hoping I could have some help on my current predicament.

For the past 10-11 years, I have been living outside of the United States because I was completing a Bachelor's degree followed by a Doctor of Medicine Degree. An additional year was utilized for my internship training- and additional time was used for the licensure board review. I have not worked during this time period, thus no income.

6 months prior to leaving for the states, I was able to do some part-time jobs as a physician (however being a in a third world country, this salary is not sufficient enough to even scratch the surface of what is required to fill in a tax return- thus was not necessary).

For the past 6 months I have been working a steady hourly job and was able to add an additional job 3 months ago wherein the combined income will definitely put me over the 125% poverty guideline. I can provide letter of employment, pay stubs, and bank statements.

I also am in the delayed entry program for the navy, which basically means I will be leaving for boot camp at the end of the year. I do have a contract stating this, would this help in the process?

The NOA2 was already approved and we are in preparations to prepar documents for the interview.

I'd just like to ask if this evidence would be sufficient enough to grant approval for a K1 visa, even though I have no income tax return? Would I require a co-sponsor?

Thank you for your help and advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

co sponsor or assets, even if you lived abroad, as a USC you are required to file taxes

you will need to explain why you didn't file taxes, and also get a joint sponsor or have sufficient assets

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.